Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tropical storm Dorian coming

Load Metric
    You won't know until Monday if the hurricane will target most of South Florida.

Don't trust these silly, bullshit hurricane computer models.

Hurricane could easily shift left and if it does you're fucked.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Yes. Exactly. And it is almost a Cat 5 storm now

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: No longer almost.. Dorian is a massive Cat 5 and is literally making a run at beating Hurricane Allen from 1980 as the strongest storm wind speed wise in Atlantic history (190mph)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

It now is a Cat 5. 175+ Mph winds.

Oh, and my dispatchers are now wondering why I’m even in Florida. I stopped here in Reddick, on I-75 north of Ocala, thinking it was far enough from the danger zone to be able to ride it out. I have plenty of water, fuel, food in the truck, and am parked on high ground to avoid getting flooded. And the large truck stop I’m at has their own generator to be able to have power to serve customers, including pump fuel, if the utility power goes out. Nope. Can’t stay. Gotta now drive back to Georgia. Only about 100 miles north-northwest of here, but safety first.

I’m cool with that. Just wish they’d told me about this yesterday instead of semi-yelling at me over Qualcomm this morning wondering why I was “still in Florida”. Apparently, a fleetwide message to keep out of the Sunshine State until Dorian does his thing never reached my QC unit. Oh, well. About 200 miles round trip of extra fuel will be burned, but that’s what they want to me do. Probably better than risking the truck+trailer getting damaged in the winds get fierce here.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Oh, and my dispatchers are now wondering why I’m even in Florida. I stopped here in Reddick, on I-75 north of Ocala, thinking it was far enough from the danger zone to be able to ride it out. I have plenty of water, fuel, food in the truck, and am parked on high ground to avoid getting flooded. And the large truck stop I’m at has their own generator to be able to have power to serve customers, including pump fuel, if the utility power goes out. Nope. Can’t stay. Gotta now drive back to Georgia. Only about 100 miles north-northwest of here, but safety first.

I’m cool with that. Just wish they’d told me about this yesterday instead of semi-yelling at me over Qualcomm this morning wondering why I was “still in Florida”. Apparently, a fleetwide message to keep out of the Sunshine State until Dorian does his thing never reached my QC unit. Oh, well. About 200 miles round trip of extra fuel will be burned, but that’s what they want to me do. Probably better than risking the truck+trailer getting damaged in the winds get fierce here.

Yes, get safe. On your way out, stop by Cafe Risque in Micanopy off of I-75. Get a cheese burger and a lap dance. Plenty of room to park your truck outside.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!

big dick: lol

Load Metric

looked at the Spaghetti models this morning.. most have it button hooking up the coast but there are a few outliers that would have some people worried especially given how much of a monster its become.. The biggest thing is if it slows down it may have more time to change directions and secondly there is now a possibility of a storm developing in the gulf of Mexico.. If that happens it become even more likely it could in fact march on Florida.. (Google Fujiwhara effect for the reasoning) but to keep it simple.. Two tropical storms tend to attract like magnets and can in fact literally orbit each other like a binary star in outer space.. Give this potential it could pull Dorian west as well as Dorian could literally suck up the energy and swallow the other storm whole essentially as well more then likely.. To me that second set of models is more concerning several show again riding the coast or cutting across Florida Name:  Screenshot (56).png
Views: 318
Size:  646.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot (57).png
Views: 305
Size:  308.8 KB
    Last edited by Ryback_feed_me_more; 09-01-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Load Metric

Dmaged??? Jesus Dude with the current 180mph sustained and gusts clocked over 200mph it would rip your rig apart and probably send you flying across the truck stop till you got your guts ripped out by debris flying with you.. That's flat out suicide to be anywhere near this storm.. The rich mofos along the Florida East coast better have Satan on speed dial to keep it away your talking potentially making Katrinas damage number look like a joke.. At its current strength it would wipe every million dollar home off the beach and inland 10+ miles from West Palm to Jacksonville if it took the earlier track and also literally destroy Cape Canaveral from the launch pads to the assembly buildings would be wiped out nothing can survive sustained winds closing in on 200mph.. Tyndall AFB in the panhandle is still out of service until sometime in 2020 because of last years Cat 5 storm that slammed through Mexico Beach up there wiping the town off the map completely.. This shit is nothing to joke about.. These are the kinds of storms if not taken seriously can kill thousands if not tens of thousands.. No place near landfall would be safe..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post

Dmaged??? Jesus Dude with the current 180mph sustained and gusts clocked over 200mph it would rip your rig apart and probably send you flying across the truck stop till you got your guts ripped out by debris flying with you.. That's flat out suicide to be anywhere near this storm.. The rich mofos along the Florida East coast better have Satan on speed dial to keep it away your talking potentially making Katrinas damage number look like a joke.. At its current strength it would wipe every million dollar home off the beach and inland 10+ miles from West Palm to Jacksonville if it took the earlier track and also literally destroy Cape Canaveral from the launch pads to the assembly buildings would be wiped out nothing can survive sustained winds closing in on 200mph.. Tyndall AFB in the panhandle is still out of service until sometime in 2020 because of last years Cat 5 storm that slammed through Mexico Beach up there wiping the town off the map completely.. This shit is nothing to joke about.. These are the kinds of storms if not taken seriously can kill thousands if not tens of thousands.. No place near landfall would be safe..
    Hurricanes typically quickly lose their greatest intensity once they make landfall, but sometimes spawn tornadoes on the periphery that do unexpected damage inland. And the current forecast has Dorian most likely staying off the coast, but still packing strong winds and rain on its west side. Reddick is quite far from the coast and probably won’t see sustained winds in excess of 60 MPH if Dorian stays off the current most likely path, but will get a fair amount of rain.

I’m now hunkered down at a truck stop just inside Georgia off of I-75 until cleared to head back into Florida by dispatch. My guess is that I’ll see max sustained winds here of about 40 MPH and a bunch of rain.

But, hey. Maybe this will be a red-letter week for Mumbles-haters on here, and I will be mortally scattered among the ruins of many overturned and dismembered big rigs in this parking lot by an angry God of Storms hellbent on humbling me for doubting the whimsy of his powers.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 09-01-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "The President said he has been tracking the storm and doing “a lot of different things, going over the hurricane.”

"This is now a Category 5,” Trump said. “It seems to be one of the biggest hurricanes we’ve ever seen, and that’s a problem.”

"We have a lot of great people working right now. We don’t know where it’s going to hit but we have an idea," Trump added."

Ya gotta feel blessed when the top dog says what he's thinking

Load Metric
    Oh baby this is gonna be fun to watch
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    This thing better starting turning quick like or else Florida is gonna get fucked even if the eye stays out to sea.

Load Metric
    Name:  465F0FC0-DF38-4B7A-A5CB-00D44048EA41.jpeg
Views: 271
Size:  154.2 KB

Load Metric
    Someone send Bottomset money for a phone card so we can get a detailed report.

Being blacked out for a cat 5 is unacceptable.

Comments

SPIT this: hof
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Speaking of the bottom, where has Garrett been? Did he get locked up in some domestic brawl with his live in gf's new bf?

Load Metric
    Looks like Florida escaped, phew.

Load Metric
    Never understood people who don't secretly root for the Hurricane.

Load Metric
    Been checking on the position of Dorian using The Weather Channel app and I could swear that that little shit has barely moved all day. Here’s the latest radar image.

Name:  A3FC9D1A-5320-406F-8F1C-82DA49F61843.png
Views: 242
Size:  441.7 KB

Doesn’t look too different from what I saw earlier today.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just looked up wind forecast for Freeport, Bahamas tomorrow.

At noon, the wind is forecasted to be 122 mph.

It will be around or over 100mph for most of the day.

Wow.

Load Metric
    Just looked up wind forecast for Freeport, Bahamas tomorrow.

At noon, the wind is forecasted to be 122 mph.

It will be around or over 100mph for most of the day.

Wow.
    Take the Under in any football games played.

Load Metric
    So as I type this it’s the most critical point of the whole event. It’s sitting or “stalled” over he Bahamas. If she decides she had enough and moves out quickly it’s not going to bend and all the current models that are saying it’s not going to touch Florida are going to be dead wrong. If it meanders the high pressure system in the north is going to clear out over the Atlantic and “pull” Dorian away from the US coast.

The next 18 hours are going to be very important

Load Metric

Thread Information