Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TVG Cash Keeper Contest Help

Load Metric

TVG Cash Keeper Contest Help

For all my horse race guys I'm looking for input on the Cash Keeper Contest .

Every Friday you are given a 1k bankroll. The object of the game is to answer ten questions correctly all while maintaining the bankroll.

So for example . Will Droopy Dog finish in the top 3 of race 7 at Del mar. Then you wager accordingly. You can wager the whole 1k yes or no and if you hit now you have 1k for second question. The kicker is if you split it say $800 yes and $200 no you only carryover the amount wagered . If you answer ten questions correctly you keep the remaining balance.

I've made it as far as question 6 with my 1k roll still in play. Is this proper game theory? I see zero reason to bet less on either side.

Also it runs Friday and Saturday with say 20 questions to chose from each day.

If anyone is interested I'd love to do a group session and try and crack this thing. We could get in the chat I'll list the questions as they are unlocked.

Let me know .

Comments

JoeD: Green for TVG and horse racing talk

JMM:

DirtyErnie:

Load Metric
    Hutmaster where you at.

All my horse race guys let's do this. If we make it through all ten questions everybody gets a piece. Who participated.

Load Metric
    I've been playing this most weeks and the most I ever won was $1. I think when I did the math, you could split every question and still take home a guaranteed $0.91...although they probably wouldn't let you break a dollar.

Of course I wasn't going to do that, just to try and make $1, but what it told me was that if you agree that most of the questions are 50/50 shots, then that was your expected return.

Sure, they all aren't 50/50 and if you know a lot about horse racing maybe you can get the questions right 60-70% of the time or more....I don't know, I really don't know much about horse racing...I just set up an account on there to get the bonus money and once I cashed that out I've only played their specials/promotions.

Not only am I not that knowledgeable about horse racing, but I have also run really bad in this contest. What usually happens is I'll start by putting 800-900 on one side of something I'm at least reasonably sure about (will this 2/1 shot win in a field of 9...NO...will this 3/1 shot at least place in a field of 7...YES). And then inevitably I am wrong and left with like 100-200 that still has to last for 9 questions, so I just punt it off and bust.

The time I won $1 I just wanted to make sure they would pay, and see how long it would take to pay if I won, so I put everything except for $1 on one side of the last question. And of course lost that too.

But if anyone doesn't have an account on there, I would recommend getting one and running the bonus if you can play in your state. Deposits and cashouts are easy and the site is reputable so no worries about not getting paid. I've run the bonuses on the major horse racing apps (DRF, TVG, NYRA and Twin Spires) and made over $800...it's nice because usually you can earn your bonus money while playing on one of their other promotions, so you kind of double-dip and don't have to worry about losing.

Load Metric
    I've yet to split ant questions. Always putting the full 1k on either side.

What I have found is the questions of will Droopy dog finish in top 3 are the easiest. I lay off the will win or top two questions.

I really think this contest is winnable but it's much harder than it sounds .

Load Metric
    So if anybody wants to participate in this I'll be in the chat tomorrow around 11-12 PST

Load Metric
    Q1
    18min 56sec to MTP
    SARATOGA R3
    $1000
    YOUR BANKROLL
    Will # 5 Behind the Couch (ML 5/2) finish in the top 2?

First question of the day : This is a tough one . Six horse field . Kid is Frosty has won two in a row . Behind the couch has finished 2nd and 3rd in lower company in his last two starts . There are two Finger Lakes shippers who could very easily win this race . Added distance of 9 Furlongs . Four of the Six runners could win. I normally won't go for questions that involve a top two finish . So I will pass on this . If I was forced to answer I would be on the NO Side.

Would have won this question as Behind the couch was eased on the turn but was never involved in the race. Finger lakes shippers finished 1st and 3rd with Kid is frosty 2nd .
    Last edited by Gookieheimowitz; 08-23-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I'm just a gambling degen and have no idea what I'm talking about, but I like horses with names that begin with the letter Z so Elegant Zip looks good to me.

The betting odds seem to be answering the question YES as to Behind the Couch.

Good luck!

Load Metric
    19min 42sec to MTP
    SARATOGA R4
    $1000
    YOUR BANKROLL
    Will # 1 True Grace (ML 5/1) finish in the top 3?

Here we have a 9 horse field with all first time starter two year olds. At the moment the #1 is dead on the board and the 4th lowest payout in the Doubles. Having the #1 position as a first time starter in a 5.5 furlong sprint is a clear disadvantage . Yet we know nothing about the other starters . I am going to punt here and say NO this horse will NOT finish in the top three.

Wager $1,000.00 on the NO

Answer Locked in so we could be out after this race

Made it though . True Grace broke dead last from the rail as expected. Having the rail in a maiden sprint for a first time starter is a huge angle to play against. So one down and 9 more to go .
    Last edited by Gookieheimowitz; 08-23-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Load Metric
    10min 19sec to MTP
    GULFSTREAM R3
    $1000
    YOUR BANKROLL
    Will # 1 Dunk (ML 5/2) finish in the top 2?

Field of 7 going 6 furlongs here . #1 Dunk is the speed of the speed in this race and is hugely consistent . Even money on the board and big favorite in the place pool The percentages say this horse should win the race . Ill take a stab here and say YES to 1st or 2nd and hope Dunk doesnt get in a speed dual and collapse. (Note I have not had much luck with the Gulfstream questions )

Locked in $1,000.00 YES Dunk will finish 1st or 2nd

6min 56sec to MTP
    GULFSTREAM R3
    $1000
    YOUR BANKROLL
    Will # 1 Dunk (ML 5/2) finish in the top 2?
    NO
    $0
    YES
    $1000

Through Question #2 Dunk wins at 2-1 .
    Last edited by Gookieheimowitz; 08-23-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Load Metric
    Only 8 more questions for today so will try and be selective and be at 5 correct answers going into Saturdays questions . Next question opens up in 45 minutes .

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    I'm just a gambling degen and have no idea what I'm talking about, but I like horses with names that begin with the letter Z so Elegant Zip looks good to me.

The betting odds seem to be answering the question YES as to Behind the Couch.

Good luck!

Elegant Zip was a huge price and finished 3rd. She was one of the Finger Lakes shippers I mentioned who could win the race. Think she was 33-1

Load Metric
    I forgot to look at this today until just before Gulfstream race three...put it all on the yes on Dunk so I still have the full 1k with 9 questions to go.

I think splitting the $ on the questions is just a matter of preference...if you could pick with 75% certainty, and you let it ride on all 10 questions, you will win the $1k 5.6% of the time if I am calculating correctly...the problem is if you are like me and the questions are pretty much coin flips then you'll only win the $1k 0.09% of the time...so splitting the bets can provide some small wins rather than waiting for that 1/1024 chance.

Load Metric
    Q3
    18min 49sec to MTP
    SARATOGA R7
    $1000
    YOUR BANKROLL
    Will # 5 Fierce Lady (ML 1/1) win?

Here we go. Race 7 Saratoga. 2 yr old fillies NY Breds

#5 Fierce Lady is a very good horse . Yet #6 Italian Rabbi beat her last out . Also there are a couple new players in the mix here that could be as good or better . Obviously Fierce Lady commands respect #1 Violent Point is coming off a impressive MSW win. #2 Big Q is getting some respect on the board . #3 Time limit had a horrible start last race and who knows what she could be. What we do know is Italian Rabbi beat Fierce Lady last out. So can I really say Fierce Lady is the best in this field . NOPE

I will go $1,000.00 That Fierce Lady will NOT WIN

13min 55sec to MTP
    SARATOGA R7
    $1000
    YOUR BANKROLL
    NO
    $1000
    YES
    $0

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mdj1980 View Post
    I forgot to look at this today until just before Gulfstream race three...put it all on the yes on Dunk so I still have the full 1k with 9 questions to go.

I think splitting the $ on the questions is just a matter of preference...if you could pick with 75% certainty, and you let it ride on all 10 questions, you will win the $1k 5.6% of the time if I am calculating correctly...the problem is if you are like me and the questions are pretty much coin flips then you'll only win the $1k 0.09% of the time...so splitting the bets can provide some small wins rather than waiting for that 1/1024 chance.

I don't think splitting is the way to go. obviously its hard to make it all the way through but a free shot at 1k every week doesn't come around often. This contest is beatable . Completing it with the full 1k . Possibly a split on Question 10 to ensure a $500.00 win may be the way to go .

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    Q3
    18min 49sec to MTP
    SARATOGA R7
    $1000
    YOUR BANKROLL

#5 Fierce Lady is a very good horse . Yet #6 Italian Rabbi beat her last out . Also there are a couple new players in the mix here that could be as good or better . Obviously Fierce Lady commands respect #1 Violent Point is coming off a impressive MSW win. #2 Big Q is getting some respect on the board . #3 Time limit had a horrible start last race and who knows what she could be. What we do know is Italian Rabbi beat Fierce Lady last out. So can I really say Fierce Lady is the best in this field . NOPE

13min 55sec to MTP
    SARATOGA R7
    $1000
    YOUR BANKROLL
    NO
    $1000
    YES
    $0
    I'm with you all in on the "no". Good luck to us!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mdj1980 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    Q3
    18min 49sec to MTP
    SARATOGA R7
    $1000
    YOUR BANKROLL

13min 55sec to MTP
    SARATOGA R7
    $1000
    YOUR BANKROLL
    NO
    $1000
    YES
    $0
    I'm with you all in on the "no". Good luck to us!

Dam . Well I got what I wanted yet they changed tactics with Fierce Lady and kept her off the pace. We get nosed out after the intimidation rail drop down . Oh well there is always next week.

Will keep thread running for next week.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Im not really into American Thoroughbreds, but Australia has a future Superstar in a Filly named Libertini (I Am Invincible-Aloha, G1 Bloodlines). Has run four officials, three wins and a second. Won the G2 Darley Silver Shadow Stakes on Friday in a near record 1:07.93 for the 1200m. Accelerated each 300m, and flipped the last 300m in a record time for Fillies at Randwick. Thats the perfect storm for rising in distance.

Trainer Anthony Cummings is racing her thru the rest of the Princess series, and culminating in the Flight One. No mention of the 14 Million Dollar Everest, but her Everest futures dropped in half (26 to 11) from her dominating win on Friday.

Check out this bitch next time ya dabble in the late night Aussies. Side note the Stud, I Am Invincible is being bred to Winx during this coming mating season.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyErnie View Post
    Im not really into American Thoroughbreds, but Australia has a future Superstar in a Filly named Libertini (I Am Invincible-Aloha, G1 Bloodlines). Has run four officials, three wins and a second. Won the G2 Darley Silver Shadow Stakes on Friday in a near record 1:07.93 for the 1200m. Accelerated each 300m, and flipped the last 300m in a record time for Fillies at Randwick. Thats the perfect storm for rising in distance.

Trainer Anthony Cummings is racing her thru the rest of the Princess series, and culminating in the Flight One. No mention of the 14 Million Dollar Everest, but her Everest futures dropped in half (26 to 11) from her dominating win on Friday.

Check out this bitch next time ya dabble in the late night Aussies. Side note the Stud, I Am Invincible is being bred to Winx during this coming mating season.

Next entry date?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The next round in the Series is Saturday September 7th, third leg (1400m) is Sept 21, and and the Flight One (1600m) is October 5th. The Trainer is targeting all three.

Comments

Gookieheimowitz: Will watch

Load Metric
    It's Friday and that means another shot at TVG Cash Keeper 8/30/19

Lets gets this today

Thread Information