Thread: Connecticut man kills resort worker

Load Metric

Connecticut man kills resort worker

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I might be missing something - its late and im half asleep, but isn't it pretty rare/abnormal for someone in this type of situation (especially with all of the media attention) to comment to the media before/instead of getting a lawyer to do it for him?
    I mean, im not disputing if he was in the write or wrong or anything like that, i just think its a bad idea to say anything

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The strangest thing is the fact that he's claiming he'll go back to Anguilla to face the charges, when he's presumably back in the US.

Why would he do this?

I wouldn't go back there even if I thought there was a 1% chance I'd be convicted.

Sure, he put up $74,000 bail, but I'd forfeit the $74,000, even if I were poor.

Seems like a pretty clear-cut case to me. A crazy resort worker on drugs came into his room and started attacking him, and he defended himself.

I guess the moral of the story is not to let in "maintenance men" at hotels who claim they need to come in, even if in uniform. This reminds me somewhat of the Cary Stayner case, where he was also a maintenance worker, and used that excuse to gain access to a room with a woman and two teenage girls, raping one and killing all three.

Load Metric
    I always thought Antigua and Anguella were the same place spelled differently.

They are not. Although they are both small islands very close to each other.

The strangest thing is the fact that he's claiming he'll go back to Anguilla to face the charges, when he's presumably back in the US.

Why would he do this?
    They have a bilateral extradition treaty with America: http://www.mcnabbassociates.com/Angu...d%20States.pdf (I only read about 1% of it)

Although, Antigua has a similar treaty and it serves as a great place to hide from the US government if you get caught running an illegal poker room. I can't imagine any US citizen being extradited to some tiny Caribbean island for anything other than mass murder.

Load Metric
    If that was me I wouldn't go back. The guy was drunk and high on drugs. The ct man wants to clear his good name. He went back and then came back home. Too risky imo. I don't know the extradition laws. He has lawyered up.

Whatever happened with amanda Knox.I know they released her but did they clear her case, and she refused to go back.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 08-21-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Load Metric
    Anguilla is a nice caribbean island but just keep in mind that the black native people are dirt poor and some of these black men are looking to steal your money and rape your daughter.

Some TV show asked some of these native people about this case ALL of them said he is a family man and that he is innocent (the black man who tried to rob them)

This guy better stay the fuck out of Anguilla before their justice system fucks him.

Load Metric
    No extradition treaty with said small island definitely a plus to stay home.. Whats interesting is the "victim's" ex wife had a restraining order against this clown for violence on the books as well along with the acute drug intoxication.. My guess is this CT idiot is probably a limousine liberal type who thinks he has to "do the right thing" and go back there to clear his name..

Load Metric
    and rape your daughter??????????....Cause he is poo he is a rapist, too?
    .......Where did that come from?

You Fox "news" people just see the worst in everyone, when their network is run by rapists and enablers.
    O'rielly, Ailes, .....as for more rich people, Matt lower, the head of CBS, Wienstien, Epstein, Cosby, ...............yeah only poor people are rapists..........Turn the channel for once.

Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Anguilla is a nice caribbean island but just keep in mind that the black native people are dirt poor and some of these black men are looking to steal your money and rape your daughter.

Some TV show asked some of these native people about this case ALL of them said he is a family man and that he is innocent (the black man who tried to rob them)

This guy better stay the fuck out of Anguilla before their justice system fucks him.

San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From what I've seen, XFactor's posts here lean more left than right (though he will criticize the left sometimes, too), so he's definitely not a Fox News person.

Load Metric
    UBS banker Scott Hapgood doesn’t think he’ll get a fair trial in Anguilla

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/21/ubs-b...e-HmdhfzKu8IoY

He's fucked.

He knows he probably won't get a fair trial in Anguilla but he travels back there anyway.

However, if he is found guilty, it could kill tourism for the entire island.

These caribbean shit-hole countries look beautiful but you need to watch out for some of the natives.

Right now there are crime warnings out for the Bahamas and a few other islands in the caribbean.

The Bahamas - Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault, occurs even during the day and in tourist areas. Although the family islands are not crime-free, the vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence and Grand Bahama islands.

Load Metric
    I was just there in June, at a different resort than the one where the incident occurred. (It happened at the Malliouhana - I was at Cap Juluca). Most of the resorts and beaches on the island are amazing. But, drive outside the resort gates and all you see is extreme poverty all over the island.
    Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 08-22-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I know alot about this case but cant really say why. Also 74k for bail is kinda funny considering the charges.

Thread Information