Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 79 of 79

Thread: Negreanu intentionally snubs me in Twitter podcast bracket poll

  1. #61
    Hoke has been off the air for a couple years now, I was trying to be funny

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper_Fair View Post
    Hoke has been off the air for a couple years now, I was trying to be funny
    How would Gookie know? Who is still on air is obscure trivia at this point

    The same mix Todd had, applied to sports, could be a hit for someone.


    Forum, podcast and shenanigans. Everyone has one element. Some have two. No one has the triple threat. Yet

    Twitter will never replace the forum. Forums, I have come to learn, are a lot of work.

  3. #63
    Druff, when you're done with this lil e-tantrum, realize exactly why you weren't included in this poll is because....

    What if you won?

    DN isn't stupid Druff, but considering you haven't seen this side of it....well......
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Druff, when you're done with this lil e-tantrum, realize exactly why you weren't included in this poll is because....

    What if you won?

    DN isn't stupid Druff, but considering you haven't seen this side of it....well......
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    may have been thinking "hes got who knows how many ppl from his forum that could fuck up the polls" ??


    thesidedish page 1 once again getting no credit from druff

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    may have been thinking "hes got who knows how many ppl from his forum that could fuck up the polls" ??


    thesidedish page 1 once again getting no credit from druff

    Exactly. There is zero point zero upside to DN including druff/PFA.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

  6. #66
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4578
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,799
    Blog Entries
    2
    You're overthinking it.

    He either omitted me because he just didn't think of me (as some have suggested in this thread) or because he didn't like me and didn't want to give the show any publicity.

  7. #67
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    he didn't like me and didn't want to give the show any publicity.

    respectfully, you made your bed.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  8. #68

  9. #69
    Canadrunk limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1164
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    11,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    You're overthinking it.

    He either omitted me because he just didn't think of me (as some have suggested in this thread) or because he didn't like me and didn't want to give the show any publicity.
    How about he didn't like what you had to say about his wife?
    Wake up. Remember when a few bold souls posted pics of your mom? Where are they today?
    Last edited by limitles; 08-23-2019 at 06:07 PM.


  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yes but people kept bringing my name up, and he didn't add me, nor did he even respond to them.

    I can't prove it, but I think it was intentional, even if he originally just didn't think of me.
    What do you mean "people kept bringing it up"? I see only 1 tweet suggesting you be added to the poll before you created this thread.

    After creating the thread I see 1 tweet suggesting you be added, and one asking if DNegs has a beef with you.
    exactly people kept bringing it UP

  11. #71
    Canadrunk limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1164
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    11,385
    See if you can pick out Todd and his illegitmate mother

    Name:  IMG_202066717410461.jpeg
Views: 247
Size:  108.5 KB


  12. #72
    There is some recent Doug Polk youtube podcast where he goes on about Daniel Negreaneu and dissects his mentality/need for being so into polls and so forth. It is pretty biting IMO.

    I like Daniel, but he never says anything interesting so I never listen to a word he says. He's just a big schmooze working angles in poker that don't include just beating the game. I remember him from back before he blew up and he'd send you weird looong emails likely drunk. Friendly guy at least.
    Facts, reality, brains cannot defeat him.

  13. #73
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,104
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    There is some recent Doug Polk youtube podcast where he goes on about Daniel Negreaneu and dissects his mentality/need for being so into polls and so forth. It is pretty biting IMO.

    I like Daniel, but he never says anything interesting so I never listen to a word he says. He's just a big schmooze working angles in poker that don't include just beating the game. I remember him from back before he blew up and he'd send you weird looong emails likely drunk. Friendly guy at least.

    im not like a 'fan' of DN but the game is the game; he's a minor celebrity and that actually takes some work to maintain. he made a lot of money off those commercials, personal appearances, sponsorships. so yeah hes going to be playing up the sosh media engagement angles yada yada.

    the absolute last person on earth who should be going at DN for being a fame whore is polk imo. kids a burger, i'll tell you what.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    There is some recent Doug Polk youtube podcast where he goes on about Daniel Negreaneu and dissects his mentality/need for being so into polls and so forth. It is pretty biting IMO.

    I like Daniel, but he never says anything interesting so I never listen to a word he says. He's just a big schmooze working angles in poker that don't include just beating the game. I remember him from back before he blew up and he'd send you weird looong emails likely drunk. Friendly guy at least.

    im not like a 'fan' of DN but the game is the game; he's a minor celebrity and that actually takes some work to maintain. he made a lot of money off those commercials, personal appearances, sponsorships. so yeah hes going to be playing up the sosh media engagement angles yada yada.

    the absolute last person on earth who should be going at DN for being a fame whore is polk imo. kids a burger, i'll tell you what.
    Real players find Polk worth listening to and I've seen big NL belleagio players pissed at some of the stuff he teaches. DN is more for fanboy level. I like Polk. Only poker youtube I find worth watching. He was also a genuine crusher of some sort. Daniel has just been around for years and years, making sure to never do anything controversial. Polk has never been a shill that I am aware.

    Polk calls out Daniel for tweeting how his wife won some silly award from an irrelevant magazine 10 years ago. The troll in me can't help but giggle.

     
    Comments
      
      Tellafriend: +1
    Facts, reality, brains cannot defeat him.

  15. #75
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,104
    fair, i personally never got anything out of polk's brand except that he peaked a decade after daniel so his hot takes are going to be more relevant, but i totally respect that i am at best a casual observer.

    i also suspected he went hard at daniel because daniel was literally the last man standing from the boom who was active and wasnt a Totally Disgraced from one scandal or another.

    but make no mistake, polk stands accused and convicted of being a total burger.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  16. #76
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4578
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,799
    Blog Entries
    2
    My opinion on both Daniel and Doug is neutral-positive.

    Both have been honest and scandal-free during their poker careers. Many feel that Daniel screwed people via the Supernova Elite thing, but I disagree. He actually tried to help, but got shut down by his employer, and had to back off. You can't come at him too hard for that. He didn't have to help at all. He could've just said, "Sorry, I'm just a promoter, I have no say in this stuff" and left it at that.

    Daniel is great with the fans -- by far the best of any big name poker pro. He is incredibly friendly to every fan who approaches him.

    Doug has a good YouTube channel, and I very frequently agree with his takes. We have to give SrslySirius a lot of the credit for the entertainment value of the channel, as a lot of the funny stuff we see in those videos was his idea.

    Daniel tweets a lot of weird things, gets sanctimonious regarding his vegan and political views, and has thin skin regarding criticism -- which isn't a good thing to have if you're going to be a big name pro tweeting out controversial views. He also has some weird disdain for modern poker grinders, which is weird because that's where he came from in the first place.

    As sonatine points out, Doug is kind of a burger, and I find the tone of his voice (and his attitude) to be condescending.

    Doug didn't go after Daniel simply because he wanted someone to attack. For whatever reason, the two never got along, dating back like 10 years. So when Doug was looking to both get views on his channel AND go after someone he disliked, Daniel's involvement in the Supernova Elite mess was the perfect opening. Then Doug was just relentless, basically mining everything Daniel said or did on social media, finding the stupid/weird/cringeworthy stuff, and hammering upon it hard.

    Polk did a great job with the trolling (again, aided by Srsly). At the WSOP, Daniel's name would come up, and randoms at my table would make a "more rake is better" joke. Like, Doug got that into everyone's conscience. You hear "Daniel Negreanu" and "more rake is better" comes to mind. I'm glad Doug never hated me.

    You can't completely blame Doug for this, though. Daniel was posting a lot of dumb/obnoxious things on social media for a long time, basically unchallenged by anyone of consequence, and finally a prominent guy who didn't like him went after him hard.

    Anyway, I see the positives in both of these guys. Neither are bad when it comes down to it. There's a lot worse when it comes to big name poker pros.

     
    Comments
      
      Tellafriend: well said
      
      sonatine: absolute hamburger

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    My opinion on both Daniel and Doug is neutral-positive.

    Both have been honest and scandal-free during their poker careers. Many feel that Daniel screwed people via the Supernova Elite thing, but I disagree. He actually tried to help, but got shut down by his employer, and had to back off. You can't come at him too hard for that. He didn't have to help at all. He could've just said, "Sorry, I'm just a promoter, I have no say in this stuff" and left it at that.

    Daniel is great with the fans -- by far the best of any big name poker pro. He is incredibly friendly to every fan who approaches him.

    Doug has a good YouTube channel, and I very frequently agree with his takes. We have to give SrslySirius a lot of the credit for the entertainment value of the channel, as a lot of the funny stuff we see in those videos was his idea.

    Daniel tweets a lot of weird things, gets sanctimonious regarding his vegan and political views, and has thin skin regarding criticism -- which isn't a good thing to have if you're going to be a big name pro tweeting out controversial views. He also has some weird disdain for modern poker grinders, which is weird because that's where he came from in the first place.

    As sonatine points out, Doug is kind of a burger, and I find the tone of his voice (and his attitude) to be condescending.

    Doug didn't go after Daniel simply because he wanted someone to attack. For whatever reason, the two never got along, dating back like 10 years. So when Doug was looking to both get views on his channel AND go after someone he disliked, Daniel's involvement in the Supernova Elite mess was the perfect opening. Then Doug was just relentless, basically mining everything Daniel said or did on social media, finding the stupid/weird/cringeworthy stuff, and hammering upon it hard.

    Polk did a great job with the trolling (again, aided by Srsly). At the WSOP, Daniel's name would come up, and randoms at my table would make a "more rake is better" joke. Like, Doug got that into everyone's conscience. You hear "Daniel Negreanu" and "more rake is better" comes to mind. I'm glad Doug never hated me.

    You can't completely blame Doug for this, though. Daniel was posting a lot of dumb/obnoxious things on social media for a long time, basically unchallenged by anyone of consequence, and finally a prominent guy who didn't like him went after him hard.

    Anyway, I see the positives in both of these guys. Neither are bad when it comes down to it. There's a lot worse when it comes to big name poker pros.
    I have no idea what you 2 mean by a "burger". I assumed you both have the same definition in mind, but urbandictionary fails to give me a definition that might work. Ok, Doug is condescending. His ego is huge, but he deserves it. He's not some tournament dude playing fields of donkeys and making it to the top via variance. I didn't know much bout him until past couple years.. He's arrogant, but he only locks horns with those at the top and I've never seen him unable to backup what he says.

    Daniel hating on grinders.. So pathetic. Wheres he think poker would have been? It is true grinders often aren't "good for a game" but those are also the guys who are living (trying) the dream that makes it all happen. I don't know much of what Daniel does, but I sorta get the feeling he quit plying poker seriously many many years ago. I also sorta think he isn't smart enough to have risen to the top in the hyper-competitive online world. When he came up, you had to be enough of a degen to move somewhere like Las VEgas where you played a lot of people who were far far far from optimal players. You could get by being fairly weak. I never recall him playing high-stakes cash online. but I remember him always having some sponsorship somewhere...
    Facts, reality, brains cannot defeat him.

  18. #78
    Gold MrTickle's Avatar
    Reputation
    327
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,189
    in his latest podcast Daniel said he's not going to do the bracket due to outrage from people named who didn't want to be put against each other

  19. #79
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4578
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,799
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    in his latest podcast Daniel said he's not going to do the bracket due to outrage from people named who didn't want to be put against each other
    lol what a mess

    Did he address why certain people were left off?

    I'm talking more about people like David Lappin and Dara O'Kearney than myself.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2018, 11:07 PM
  2. Negreanu Twitter hacked LOL
    By NaturalBornHustler in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 02:09 PM
  3. Micon going to Twitter war against Negreanu
    By Cokehead in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 09:21 PM
  4. PFA Hater Kevmath Snubs PFA on Reader's Choice Top 10 Snubs List
    By SrslySirius in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 08:42 PM
  5. Matt Savage & Daniel Negreanu fight on Twitter
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-31-2013, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •