Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Scammed by Templar claim for payback thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Scammed by Templar claim for payback thread

This thread will remain open until August 15th, 2012.

After that, you will NOT be eligible to receive money from the "Templar Payback Fund".

Background:

User "TheTemplar" has apparently scammed several users on this site. Fortunately, it appears these scams were for relatively small money, and the community is making an effort to compensate the victims.

The Fund:

Victims will be compensated from a fund. This fund exists from both donated money and other money that was originally supposed to be paid to TheTemplar, but has instead been diverted to paying back his victims. I am also transferring $55 to the fund that TheTemplar sent me on Paypal last month.

Right now, TheTemplar Payback Fund exists as follows:

$50 - Money Templar sent me on PayPal from escrowed money for PFA Weekly League

$5 - Money Templar sent me on Paypal for bounty during radio tournament, which I don't believe was ever awarded. Even if it was, I will donate this to the fund.

$22.22 - Money Templar was supposed to receive from his 0.5% share of my Event #53 winnings

$150 - Money Templar was supposed to receive from a prop bet with Jasep. Jasep was very generous by donating this, the bet hadn't been won yet by Templar, and Jasep knew that he wouldn't get paid if he won. Rather than cancel it completely (which would have been his right to do), he decided to declare Templar the winner and donated the money to the payback fund.

$200 - Money that I currently owe Slim T, which he has indicated he wants used for the payback fund.

CURRENT FUND AMOUNT: $427.22

If you have donated to the fund and I forgot, please let me know. Also, if you want to donate to this fund, you can let me know that, as well.

Distribution of Fund:

The distribution of the Fund will occur in the following order. It will occur until either all victims are compensated, or the Fund runs out.

Priority #1: Users who escrowed money with TheTemplar for the PFA Weekly Freeroll. If you escrowed the money with me directly, contact me and I will refund you separately from this Fund.

Priority #2: Users who participated in TheTemplar's BAP/staking offers.

Priority #3: Users who had other dealings with the Templar where they were cheated out of money.

Priority #4: Users wishing to remain anonymous (i.e. not named in this thread), but still want to be compensated for getting scammed by Templar.

How to Make a Claim:

1) You must post in this thread by 11:59pm on August 15th, 2012. In the post, you must state the amount you sent to TheTemplar, and the nature of the transaction. (That is, explain how he scammed you.) Post as much proof as you can, including screen shots. If you wish to keep the proof private (especially if it contains private/personal information), you can post your claim here and then send the evidence to me privately.

2) Your claim will be evaluated based upon the evidence you post (or PM me). If you do not send me any proof, I may deny your claim.

3) If you do not post in this thread, but only PM me, you will be assigned Priority #4, and may not ever get paid. Therefore, if you want the best chance of being paid back, you must post the amount and nature of the transaction in this thread.

Payment:

I will post in this thread who will get paid, and how much. I will send payment via Paypal, Hero Poker transfer, check, or bank transfer. I prefer to do it through Paypal.

I will go through each Priority group and will only move to the next one when the higher priority groups have been fully paid.

If the money runs out, the remainder will be split evenly among the current group being paid.

For example, let's say the fund is $427.22 and there's $200 in Group #1, $300 in Group #2, $200 in Group #3, and $150 in Group #4.

The payments would go like this:

Group #1 would get their full $200.
    Group #2 would get $227.22 out of the $300, so each person would get 68.2% of their claim.
    Groups #3 and #4 would get nothing.

Payments will not occur until at least August 16, 2012.

Other Important Information:

- If Templar shows back up and makes good on his debts, I will ask him to first pay back the people who weren't compensated, and then to pay the rest toward a PFA Freeroll.

- If you were already compensated by someone else privately, please do not apply to be paid from the Fund.

- Do not fight, debate, troll, or post garbage in this thread. Those messages will be deleted, and repeat offenders may be banned or suspended.

- PokerFraudAlert.com is NOT assuming legal responsibility for Templar's debts or scams. This is a good faith effort by the community to see as many people paid back as possible.

Load Metric
    I'll start it off. Even though I've PM'd you this info I will also post it here as per your instructions.

I sent him $225 total.
    1) $25 was for my entry into the PFA league
    2) $100 was LLL's 1st prize from the US Open Freeroll. This was for LLL's & Deal's league fees & a $50 donation for other prizes in the league.
    Obviously this money should be sent o LLL & not to me.
    3) $100 for the BAP

Here's the proof that Templar had received the $125 for #1 & #2. It's in this thread where he said he would transfer you the money: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...e-victim/page3

It's at the bottom of Post #55.

Templar said:
    As far as me holding any money for the PFA league, all money has been sent over to Druff, with the exception on the Money that HockeyGuy has sent to me via Xash in Envelope that had arrived on tuesday. I will simply have my girl load that on to my paypal or hers tomorrow or Sunday and forward that onto Druff. The total of that Money is $125.
    The proof for #3 is in my PM's & here it is:

TheTemplar PM'd me:
    Just wanted to give all you guys a heads up. I am starting the stake Thursday morning. All shares have been received, and I am ready to go. Will give daily updates.
    Gl to us!
    Obviously the proof for #3 should be good for everyone listed as contributors for the BAP: http://thetemplar.webs.com/share-holders

Hockey Guy $100
    jsearles22 $ 50
    Tony Bagadonuts $100
    Shady J $ 25

Thanks
    Hockey Guy
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 08-01-2012 at 12:28 AM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I sent TheTemplar $25 for the weekly PFA league as well as $50 for his BAP. I sent both of these payments via paypal.

Name:  templar funds.bmp
Views: 2350
Size:  970.4 KB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    I had my wife ship him $25 via paypal for the weekly PFA league. I will have her post some sort of proof of the transaction either in this thread or in a pm ASAP.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Load Metric
    50$ for a personal loan. When I get home from work I can find which site I sent it to him on and post it.

If you make it to my priority just add the 50$ to a freeroll

Load Metric
    Any money owed to jsearles, should go to Vegas. If vegas does not want it, then it should go to every other party first before a known scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I sent TheTemplar $25 for the weekly PFA league as well as $50 for his BAP. I sent both of these payments via paypal.

Load Metric
    I am owed $25 from his bap. I would like to have it added to a freeroll whenever its needed.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Any money owed to jsearles, should go to Vegas. If vegas does not want it, then it should go to every other party first before a known scammer.

Name:  tumblr_m7onfd7sfz1r4j812.gif
Views: 986
Size:  323.5 KB

jsearles22, only 425$ left.

pay up scammer.

druff, you can delete this post if deemed appropriate.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by superallah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

pay up scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDruff
    - Do not fight, debate, troll, or post garbage in this thread. Those messages will be deleted, and repeat offenders may be banned or suspended.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by superallah View Post

pay up scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDruff
    Grammatically Challenged Scammer

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    $22.22 - Money Templar was supposed to receive from his 0.5% share of my Event #53 winnings.
    I think this belongs to me Druff. I came in second in one of the Templar's freeroll for $15 and he was going to buy pieces to one of your events for me I foward the Pm's to you of our conversation.

Load Metric
    escrowed $25 with TheTemplar for the PFA Weekly Freeroll

I filed a dispute with paypal for non-receipt of services, the original transaction date was 6-20
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Name:  pfa.jpg
Views: 2277
Size:  111.0 KB

$25 via paypal for PFA League
    Last edited by Faduniak; 08-02-2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Forgot to add picture

Load Metric
    Name:  paypal.png
Views: 1290
Size:  38.6 KB
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Load Metric
    I'm happy to report that after filing a complaint with PayPal the Templar is paying back the $25 but I promised if I got it back it would go towards a free roll so when it clears my account I will ship to Druff
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    I'm happy to report that after filing a complaint with PayPal the Templar is paying back the $25 but I promised if I got it back it would go towards a free roll so when it clears my account I will ship to Druff

Paypal is not letting me dispute this claim through their process because when I sent the money I chose the "Payment owed" option. I recieve the following error when I try to dispute either of my two transacations:

Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 716
Size:  182.7 KB

Any other ideas?

Load Metric

Paypal is not letting me dispute this claim through their process because when I sent the money I chose the "Payment owed" option. I recieve the following error when I try to dispute either of my two transacations:

Any other ideas?
    That sucks. I guess you'll just have to wait for any payment from the payback fund of which Jasep was a major contributor.

Huh, imagine that.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Any other ideas?
    Try calling them and claiming that you thought "payment owed" meant "purchasing goods or services", because you were purchasing a service from the guy. Say it was a subscription to an internet game that he never gave you. Don't mention gambling.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This thread will remain open until August 15th, 2012.

After that, you will NOT be eligible to receive money from the "Templar Payback Fund".
    Word

Load Metric
    :bump

By my count there is $400 claimed in this thread, and over $400 available. It looks like everyone should be paid back in full. It also looks like there were a few freeroll contributions here, so im surprised Druff isnt pushing this through on the schedule that he promised.

Thread Information