Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Philly Shooting

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Exactly.

Just imagine how much easier it will be for cops to kill the blacks when they don’t have any guns.

#banguns

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

You still are a avoiding the question, how would banning semi-auto rifles have kept one out of this guy’s hands?
    i don't understand the question. do you know how he got it?
    The guy is a career criminal convicted felon with a rap sheet as long as Devidee’s dick. You think he bought the gun legally?

Load Metric
    the ubiquity of assault weapons essentially normalizes them socially and culturally.

its difficult to tell if youre deliberately conflating reform with remediation but you should look into that on your own dime if you want to be taken seriously.

Comments

DirtyErnie: thesaurus rep
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

i don't understand the question. do you know how he got it?
    The guy is a career criminal convicted felon with a rap sheet as long as Devidee’s dick. You think he bought the gun legally?
    you make it sound as if going to a gun show or buying it from a private citizen is some form of herculean task. or maybe it belonged to a roommate or family member who bought it legally.

but you're right. no way that happened. what are the odds?

but you're really missing the point. instead of asking if a proposed law would have stopped any specific shooting, ask if it just might prevent the next one or maybe lower the body count. your question is designed to never actually accomplish anything.

also i never actually stated that any gun law would have prevented this. that was your statement. i'm only pointing out that it's comical that we allow civilians to own semi-auto rifles. it won't be that way in 25 years. but it's a joke for now.

Platinum
    Load Metric

you make it sound as if going to a gun show or buying it from a private citizen is some form of herculean task. or maybe it belonged to a roommate or family member who bought it legally.

but you're right. no way that happened. what are the odds?

but you're really missing the point. instead of asking if a proposed law would have stopped any specific shooting, ask if it just might prevent the next one or maybe lower the body count. your question is designed to never actually accomplish anything.

also i never actually stated that any gun law would have prevented this. that was your statement. i'm only pointing out that it's comical that we allow civilians to own semi-auto rifles. it won't be that way in 25 years. but it's a joke for now.
    As I’ve stated before, by banning semi auto rifles there will be millions of Americans that feel like their constitutional rights are being taken away. This will result in more division and more people that would typically stay on the edge to go over. I don’t believe that more deaths is possible, I believe its probable. Any gun ban and body counts go up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    That's not what you said but that's what you imply. Otherwise you're saying people shouldn't have semi automatic rifles but it should still be legal to have them.
    i think i didn't read his post right. you're correct. i think semi-auto rifles should be banned.
    Why do you have an AR-15 if you think they should be banned?

Do you agree or disagree (and I’m not talking about any specific shooting, just in general) — that if a gun buyback, gun confiscation, or whatever else, would for the most part result in responsible gun owners being left without a gun? And that those who are criminals (that shouldn’t even have guns), would still keep them? I’m not saying that reason alone means we shouldn’t ban guns, but that is a consequence.

Currently, the government doesn’t have any idea how many guns I own. Well, they know I own at least 3 (I think?) since I purchased them, did a background check, etc. But how many have I assembled myself? 0? 100?

I know it’s a cliche (keep reading I’ll follow up on it), but why don’t we ban cars and/or alcohol? People die of drunk driving all the time. It’s because cars serve a purpose & luxury for transportation. And....so do guns, to protect yourself from others, and not to mention the government. What was it, just a week or two ago that people were bitching about the government having concentration camps....and you want me to trust the government? No thank you.

The problems with guns isn’t guns themselves, but mental health. And gangs (but if they just all kill each other off, then that’s for the most part a win-win). Suicide? Mass shootings? What, do people really think people that do that have great mental health? How about we go after the actual underlying problem with all this shit? Don’t just try to put a bandaid on it. Even if we did somehow get rid of 100% of guns, you’re still going to have a bunch of people with fucked up mental health that either want to kill others in mass shootings or kill themselves. That’s not healthy. We need to figure out how to help these people from living the rest of their lives in misery (or from doing what they were going to do anyway, like slitting their wrists / hanging themselves, or bombing buildings & going on some stabbing spree).

PS: A gun buyback would never work. And a gun confiscation would not only be hugely expensive but would also result in an insane amount of deaths.

Thread Information