Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In the air over eastern Canada right now, just met The Shrink and DJ_Chaps yesterday

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If Xanax didn't have the terrible addiction issues and all of the crap that goes with it, then it would be a miracle drug which could largely cure anxiety and depression.

Anyway, it's great if used responsibly.
    Not quite accurate....Depression can be anxiety related but it's not a given....Benzo's do not not affect deression on their own.

And there are no addiction issues with benzos unless you self medicate and suffer from occaisional withdrawals
    So you're saying there's no addiction issues, other than the addiction issues

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

Not quite accurate....Depression can be anxiety related but it's not a given....Benzo's do not not affect deression on their own.

And there are no addiction issues with benzos unless you self medicate and suffer from occaisional withdrawals

I've been taking some sort of Benzo on and off for over 25 years. I assure you they are highly addictive. Also they are one of the worst withdrawal drugs if there is a ranking because Benzo withdrawal can cause sudden death. Why? Because one of the things benzos do is control your heart rate and blood pressure. Combine that with underlying anxiety issues and it's a recipe for disaster. Anybody coming off Benzo abuse should always do it under medical detox conditions.

I've had to be inpatient 3-4 times for this and they slowly wean you off the medication.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post

I've been taking some sort of Benzo on and off for over 25 years. I assure you they are highly addictive. Also they are one of the worst withdrawal drugs if there is a ranking because Benzo withdrawal can cause sudden death. Why? Because one of the things benzos do is control your heart rate and blood pressure. Combine that with underlying anxiety issues and it's a recipe for disaster. Anybody coming off Benzo abuse should always do it under medical detox conditions.

I've had to be inpatient 3-4 times for this and they slowly wean you off the medication.

i always wondered why people drop dead from benzo withdrawl, this explains it. thank you.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Of course not. I meant the addiction is not harmful physically. When taken as prescribed benzos are effective treatment so don't be afraid of them because they are addictive.

Weaning off benzos is not a problem if done correctly.

You don't need a detox environment for benzos. Valium has an incredibly long half life(days)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ok just saw you said benzo abuse. Then ya detox would be wise

Thread Information