Thread: Borovetz arrested again for airport scams

Load Metric

Borovetz arrested again for airport scams

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...es/1998025001/

Gambling Addiction is a horrific disease

Comments

duped_samaritan: guess you beat me to it

Load Metric
    This dude really is a great low level scammer. It’s a shame he has nothing to show for it. Considering he’s been arrested 13 times or whatever and gets no significant time, he’s not going to stop until some judge finally loses it and puts him away for a decade.

I mean, that he pulls this off repeatedly multiple times at one airport shows serous skill. I could get scammed if someone had their kids with them. I could get scammed by some super hot chick or some woman where I felt bad for her. I’d just laugh at this dude and be like,”fuck it, go sleep in that corner until someone wires you some money tomorrow.”

Like I’m never getting scammed by some male by himself unless he was either a 12 year old kid who seems like his parents put him on a plane or he’s 86 years old. Never some middle aged single male. He must have a great story and pick his targets amazingly well.

He could be a million dollar club salesmen with that skill set.

Load Metric
    He should get a real job as a salesman as someone had mentioned. He could sell ice to an eskimo and he is a legit shark poker player. Pai Gow is a mistress he cannot avoid.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 08-14-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Load Metric
    Borovetz is amazing the way he has parlayed this airport scam into a totally unsuccessful poker career. He'll be out soon I'm sure and I'd love for Druff to get him back on the show. He was great the first time. I always thought that he could become a PFA reclamation project and assume the position as Druff's newest co-host, along side of Tradersky of course.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  8.6 KB Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  3.8 KB

I'm not sure if he should go without facial hair for his scam. He looks a little menacing shaven. I think that the needy sad sack look is better represented with facial hair.

Load Metric
    Its frankly a disgrace that Borovetz isn't an active poster here.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I do wonder if this airport thing is a pathological desire for him, and it's not even about the money for the most part.

He has some obsession with airports, despite the fact it's gotten him arrested 13 times. He knows by now that there's no way to pull it off for any length of time without getting busted. Why not branch out to "safer" scams -- even the low-grade "I'll trade ACR money if you send me PayPal/Cash App first" crap that's been going around lately?

Reminds me a bit of peterdc, in that Peter seemed to scam more for the enjoyment of scamming than an actual need of money. (Peter also needed money, but he had a lot of ways to get it, including a sugar momma who was in love with him.)

I think Justin Smith was also scamming more of the enjoyment of the grift.

Load Metric
    You may have hit it on the head. Some people do get addicted to grifting . The thrill of manipulation.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I dont know why this is illegal but panhandling on the subway isnt. Let people do what they want with their money. I feel like all begging should be banned outright.

*giggles*

Load Metric
    I thought I was recently playing a tournament @ The Venetian with him. Still not 100% sure. Check out seat 9

Name:  ED3DBF36-816A-41EE-A2AB-18DE5F78D7A8.jpeg
Views: 1094
Size:  2.97 MB

Load Metric
    probably not.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

He was sentenced on December 11, 2019 to 4 months in jail, minus 39 days he already served.

This would have him released on March 1, 2020. However, it said something that he could be released if he coughed up the $2200 he owes, which he forked over on December 11. So it's possible he served no further time.

Name:  borov.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  224.7 KB

Silver
    Load Metric
    Sitting 4th in chips at The Bike WSOP Circuit Main Event at the start of Day 2

https://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/20...s-By-Chips.pdf

Druff really needs to get this guy on the radio show for a life update.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Sitting 4th in chips at The Bike WSOP Circuit Main Event at the start of Day 2

https://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/20...s-By-Chips.pdf

Druff really needs to get this guy on the radio show for a life update.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I do wonder if this airport thing is a pathological desire for him, and it's not even about the money for the most part.

He has some obsession with airports, despite the fact it's gotten him arrested 13 times. He knows by now that there's no way to pull it off for any length of time without getting busted. Why not branch out to "safer" scams -- even the low-grade "I'll trade ACR money if you send me PayPal/Cash App first" crap that's been going around lately?

Reminds me a bit of peterdc, in that Peter seemed to scam more for the enjoyment of scamming than an actual need of money. (Peter also needed money, but he had a lot of ways to get it, including a sugar momma who was in love with him.)

I think Justin Smith was also scamming more of the enjoyment of the grift.
    Here is the other side of his mind: These people are stupid, if they give me some money to “help me” and walk away feeling good about themselves, no harm done. It’s the Raskolnikov complex.

Thread Information