Thread: Surprises No One: Michael Borovetz is "back" Scamming Airports

Load Metric

Surprises No One: Michael Borovetz is "back" Scamming Airports

Ex-Pro Poker Player Scams Travelers at Newark Airport: Port Authority Police

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...478982803.html

Borovetz actually appeared on the PFA radio show after one of his scams and tried to make it appear like he was trying to "get better". I've never heard such an unconvincing sick person before or after that show.

Name:  michael+borovetz+arrest.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  39.5 KB

Comments

JohnCommode: Good find. Always suspected that he would never give this up. Very sad.

Load Metric
    He's booking hotel rooms and buying plane tickets to get past security to scam, so he's not even flat broke...makes him an even bigger scum bag than I thought.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    Borovetz actually appeared on the PFA radio show after one of his scams and tried to make it appear like he was trying to "get better". I've never heard such an unconvincing sick person before or after that show.
    If I'm not mistaken, he stayed out of trouble for a few years and seemed to be doing well.

It's kinda weird of you to be skeptical of his motives while acknowledging that he's sick. You think anybody wants to be a homeless unemployed addict? This gambling problem has thoroughly destroyed his life, and he knows it. Of course he wanted to get better.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, he stayed out of trouble for a few years and seemed to be doing well.

It's kinda weird of you to be skeptical of his motives while acknowledging that he's sick. You think anybody wants to be a homeless unemployed addict? This gambling problem has thoroughly destroyed his life, and he knows it. Of course he wanted to get better.
    True. I'm sure he didn't want things to go this way. Not shitting on him. Too many people in similar boats; sometimes society can help and sometimes society can't do a damn thing for the truly sick individual --- and that sucks huge.

I think when I listened to him on that PFA radio show, I thought, "oh oh, this guy is deluding himself and he knows it too". It's possible he never really stopped and just got recently got caught too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He got busted a few more times after the PFA show for the same scam.

You'd think he'd learn a new angle or trick. This airport one always ends the same way for him.

Borovetz is also one of the few poker players to be known BOTH for scamming and for calling out a scam.

A floorman at WSOP was shaking down sit-n-go players for mandatory tips in order to get the games going. If people wouldn't tip him, the guy would refuse to start the game, and start singing, "I like grease! Grease is my friend!"

Borovetz brought this to the attention of 2+2, and the employee was fired.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

You'd think he'd learn a new angle or trick. This airport one always ends the same way for him.

Borovetz is also one of the few poker players to be known BOTH for scamming and for calling out a scam.

A floorman at WSOP was shaking down sit-n-go players for mandatory tips in order to get the games going. If people wouldn't tip him, the guy would refuse to start the game, and start singing, "I like grease! Grease is my friend!"

Was thinking the same thing. Why keep doing this if he knows eventually it will land him in jail? Might as well roll the dice and rob a fuckin bank

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post

Load Metric
    Looks like this one happened last May (2017). Chicago Airport. Not really reported anywhere that I see -- not on 2p2. So, I don't think he's doing well. He must try to keep the scam amount below $500 to make the bail/punishment workable, since it's always rinse and repeat.

History Charges
    720 ILCS 5.0/16-1-A-2 THEFT/BY DECEPTION/<$500
    720 ILCS 5.0/21-5-A CRIM TRESPASS TO STATE LAND

https://www.rapsheets.org/illinois/c...CHAEL/17417774

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Not only a scumbag but a rat too lol
    Honestly I feel sorry for him cus it's obv he has a very bad sickness

Load Metric

Looks like this one happened last May (2017). Chicago Airport. Not really reported anywhere that I see -- not on 2p2.
    You need to read between the lines here. Obv Borovetz isnt a Christian straight male.

Comments

Sheesfaced:

Load Metric
    ok im officially nominating this guy for the pfa spring classic as a wild card entry

Comments

Sheesfaced:

Load Metric
    Pretty sure we'd be willing to pay him to join our ICQ chat crew. Is he out of jail yet?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    The guy that called the cops over a private 200 dollar loan needs to be beaten to death. Anytime I read stories about cops acting a fool I blame it on stupid retards that bother them with fag stuff. It's no wonder why cops hate us.

Load Metric
    And again. Sad.

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...-airport-scams
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information