Thread: Who has 500k worth of merchandise stolen from his car?

Load Metric

Who has 500k worth of merchandise stolen from his car?

Load Metric
    how many of us own $500K of merchandise we could fit into a car?

not me
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Turns out the amount was greatly exaggerated , no where near 500k. Off course tmz was on the case. If someone farts under a stone tmz will have the goods. A rod does have diamond jewlery that are reckless feels like he got a midget hanging on his necklace.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

not me
    LOL, well I have been through a bigger one than this once.

On this note, I had a rental car stolen while I was out in Bethesda, MD. In the back of the Suburban was 1.5M worth of Cisco DWDM equipment and Line Cards in it. They found the car and the equipment during a traffic stop quickly, the benefits of being a DoD contractor LOL.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHoster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

not me
    LOL, well I have been through a bigger one than this once.

On this note, I had a rental car stolen while I was out in Bethesda, MD. In the back of the Suburban was 1.5M worth of Cisco DWDM equipment and Line Cards in it. They found the car and the equipment during a traffic stop quickly, the benefits of being a DoD contractor LOL.
    well even a homeless bum can have $500K in stuff if you're using Federal Government Procurement Office Prices
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    This thread reminded me of a housemate I briefly had back in the day when I lived in Arizona as a young college student and rented a room in the ranch house home of a lovable alcoholic insurance agent...

Another renter there, who I’ll call “Jack”, was a 5-year drug-possession convict who had moved in from a halfway house about six months into his 3 year probation period after serving the first 2 at the state’s all-included accommodations at Florence. According to Jack, he should have been given a 25-year sentence for the LSD and PCP found by the cops in the trunk of the car he was driving a sting he’d been set up by a supposed friend if not for the $25,000 bribe his lawyer had passed on to the judge.

So, why should Jack have been given 25 years in the slammer instead of the much more modest 2+5? Jack claimed that the contraband he’d been nabbed with was valued at $5 million on the street. Wondering of the veracity of Jack’s claim, I conducted a pre-Google search of microfilmed local newspapers at the university library and found an article about three years prior covering the sting, named Jack, but indicating an estimated value of only $500 thousand. Still, a sizable amount.

So, except for the drugs being illegal, one could say that the police, on behalf of the state, stole a half-million dollars worth of merchandise out of the car Jack had been driving.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information