Thread: US Open- For people who know Tennis...

Diamond
    Load Metric

US Open- For people who know Tennis...

If you had a chance to pick a day to see matches, which one would you pick?

Would you do the Final for drama or Quarterfinals for the maximum amount of action?

I have never been to a tennis match but I have an opportunity to pick a day to watch.

TIA

Load Metric
    Quarters would be fine.

I would suggest women’s not men’s. Men’s will impress you with the sound and the power but women’s has more drama and upsets.

I am going to handicap tennis tomorrow morning. I suggest you place a wager or two. The handicapping exercise will familiarize you with all the characters and back stories.

Load Metric
    Real talk why hasn't greased up bald OSA been streaking through flushing on ESPN

Comments

OSA: My company is paying for them for no lol

Load Metric
    I went a few years ago , wife got comped seats I was in the mezzanine. It was really humid , saw Serena Willians saw another match before that. Crowded as could be, I would go see Ivanisovich , nadal or Federer.

Load Metric
    I've been to the tournament in Miami a couple times and purposely went in the early rounds so I'd be able to see some of the big names close up and the maximum number of matches.

If you're more interested in watching the men's matches you might want to go for the final where you will likely get at least one of Federer, Nadal or Djokovic, if not two of those guys. On the women's side there is too much parity so you could very well end up seeing a championship match between a couple of Europeans or Russians you never heard of before. So if you wanted to see women's matches, the quarters would be better in my opinion.

Also if you go earlier there's probably a better chance to see some legends/seniors matches if you are interested in seeing some of those players, and there would be more doubles to watch which is really cool to see close up in person even if you would never watch it on TV. The speed of the game and the quick reactions by the players is always pretty impressive when you're sitting up close for a doubles match.

Last thing to think of...if your seats are good on center court, maybe go for the finals. If you're up in the upper level, maybe go for the quarters or earlier and try to see something up close on an outer court. For hockey or football, being in the upper deck is actually a pretty good spot but for tennis it is just too far away.

Load Metric
    We go the Paribas Open (Indian wells California) most every year assuming it is similar set up tickets, venue.

we will usually buy just entry passes and watch the players practice and watch matches at the venues included in the entry pass, there are some really good seats for free but you have to get there early and it is very important that you sit on the side that provides best shade cause it gets fucking hot. we will normally pay to see some specific game they can get a bit expensive. we really enjoy this stuff and the pros practicing is good stuff. we are there at least a week for best experience.
    as usual there are plenty of people selling tickets to games or good seats in certain stadiums.

food and drinks are good there but you can bring your own i believe and if your trying to do this on the cheep this is the best way i think.

have fun...

Name:  IMG_5269.jpeg
Views: 268
Size:  1.03 MB

best day to go i think is when there are lots of matches going on early of the second week the cream has usually risen to the top and there are no bad matches unless someone gets hurt
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 08-12-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Id rather cut my limp dick off with a Chainsaw if I was betting the Finals and watching.

So I'm telling you get more bang for your buck and go to the Quarters,

Sake will win this one LOLOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quarters would be fine.

I would suggest women’s not men’s. Men’s will impress you with the sound and the power but women’s has more drama and upsets.

I am going to handicap tennis tomorrow morning. I suggest you place a wager or two. The handicapping exercise will familiarize you with all the characters and back stories.
    Bro it's 1step?? He def is going to the Mens unless he can score Serena Tix.

Then u can't tell.

Name:  mankind.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  27.5 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post

Serena Dump Truck pulled up lame the very next match

That’s a brutal beat Sake

U weren’t wrong - but you lost

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post

Serena Dump Truck pulled up lame the very next match

That’s a brutal beat Sake

U weren’t wrong - but you lost
    when Serena realize she will lose the match to a better player (Bianca Andreesc) quit cause that's not a loss per say. sneaky trick if you ask me.

Name:  Unknown-2.jpeg
Views: 229
Size:  4.8 KB
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Went to the mens final last year and it was an incredible atmosphere. Something about the entire stadium going completely silent before every serve makes the whole experience very intense.

On the other hand, if you go to an earlier round, you will be able to sit courtside pretty easily at one of the non-main courts, and may even be able to at Arthur Ashe if it's not big names.

Also, one of those little ear pieces is def worth it to buy.

Load Metric
    Is there a pfa freeroll where you kill yourself so we dont have to see you post I PREDICT THE SEAHAWKS or something

Load Metric
    i feel like this was absolutely not too soon

Diamond
    Load Metric
    https://www.usopen.org/en_US/about/eventschedule.html

From what you guys are saying, either this one

17 TU 9/3 11:00 AM Men's & Women's
    Quarterfinals
    18 TU 9/3 7:00 PM Men's & Women's
    Quarterfinals

Or

7 TH 8/29 11:00 AM Men's & Women's R2
    8 TH 8/29 7:00 PM Men's & Women's R2

I could tell him that I dont want to miss work and that I would like to go to the Finals but then I would only see 1 match and not an all day Tennis event experience.

Btw, I know like 30% of the rules of tennis

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Oh and seeding doesnt happen until the 22nd so its a blind read as to whos playing what day

Thread Information