Thread: Charlie Carrel goes at it with Doug Polk on Twitter Spaces regarding Doug calling him a pedo

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Charlie Carrel goes at it with Doug Polk on Twitter Spaces regarding Doug calling him a pedo

Go to 16:40 mark to hear it start:

This was based upon Doug making a video a few years ago bashing Charlie, after Carrel had tweeted that we should have "empathy" for pedophiles. Doug made a video basically calling Charlie a pedo, and this really raised the level of their already-existing feud.

Doug was on Twitter Spaces (sounding almost drugged, for some reason), and the person running the Twitter Space threw on Charlie to confront him.

A confrontation ensued, and Charlie seemed to get the better of it, especially after he revealed that he and his wife had been molested as children. Charlie was also very energetic and aggressive, while Doug was clearly not fully there.

After taking a beating on Twitter over the matter, Doug did something you don't see something from him often -- he apologized.

https://twitter.com/DougPolkVids/status/1653175050160443392
    https://twitter.com/DougPolkVids/status/1653189928623263744

It hasn't been a good spring for Doug, as he has come out on the wrong end of a lot of these recent Twitter battles, after years of seemingly always ending up on top.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I will say that Charlie's tweet was rather shocking and off-putting at the time, and I had a similar reaction to Doug.

The problem is that a lot of people believe that Polk had other motivations to make the video bashing him other than just outrage about the message, but rather was using it for engagement for his channel.

If it were someone else who had called out Charlie for this back when it was tweeted, I think this might have gone differently, as far as the public's reaction.

Gold
    Load Metric
    That guy seriously looks like Jesus Christ. If Christ had a twitter it would look like his. The woman and baby in the Garden of Eden.

Paging splitthis, I think there's a small chance he's Christ.
    https://twitter.com/Charlie_Carrel
    “They have surpassed all nations in impertinent fables, in bad conduct and in barbarism.”—François-Marie Voltaire

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was foolish enough to get on a Twitter space tonight started by some older guy named "Eden Rocks". I got involved once it blew up and had a bunch of name players on there, such as Charlie Carrel and Daniel Negreanu.

I finally had to say something when Carrel went on about how he's calling out Doug for bullying tons of people in poker for years (reasonable), but that he actually loves Doug unconditionally.

I politely called this out, and Charlie just kept insisting that he loves everyone unconditionally, and that living a life without love for everyone is not enlightened. Just a bunch of pseudo-Buddhist psychobabble nonsense.

Then the discussion got derailed because that Eden guy came out and said that he "wasn't buying what Charlie is selling", which then kicked off an argument between them. Charlie wasn't getting what Eden was trying to say, so when there was a pause, I jumped in again and clarified.

Eden gave me credit for understanding his point where Charlie didn't, and then for whatever reason kicked me out as speaker. Or maybe his co-host kicked me off.

A bunch of others then showed up and started telling Charlie what a noble guy he was for loving everyone unconditionally. Such bullshit. Really wished I was still on there so I could call it out for a second time.

Hilarious to see Charlie on a vendetta against Doug (whether justified or not) claiming that he also loves Doug. Amazing how gullible people are in poker.

Comments

CJEN:

Load Metric
    For a guy who loves everyone unconditionally he sure likes to block people and post ridiculous shit
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    That guy seriously looks like Jesus Christ. If Christ had a twitter it would look like his. The woman and baby in the Garden of Eden.

Nah, before Christ returns, Satan will. He will control the central bank and require the chip on the hand or forehead in order to do any life transactions. He will fool many into thinking he is Christ with supernatural feats.

Christ will return after this. Listen for the trumpets.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Bronze
    Load Metric

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

Nah, before Christ returns, Satan will. He will control the central bank and require the chip on the hand or forehead in order to do any life transactions. He will fool many into thinking he is Christ with supernatural feats.

Christ will return after this. Listen for the trumpets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Correction.

I described the Spaces host Eden Rocks as "some older guy", but as it went on, I learned that he's younger than me.

So I was the true "older" guy in that space. Though about 50 different people spoke on there throughout the night, I was the oldest one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    For a guy who loves everyone unconditionally he sure likes to block people and post ridiculous shit

I don't dislike Charlie. He's a fucking weirdo, but I don't think he's a bad guy. Some might say I'm also a fucking weirdo, so I can't hold that too much against him.

However, the thing I don't like about Charlie is his pompous, more-enlightened-than-thou attitude we see from him.

If he wants to go on a campaign calling out Doug Polk for being too harsh on people, that's understandable. However, it's absurd that he is conducting such a campaign and then claiming at the same time that he loves Doug.

If you say you love everyone unconditionally, then the term love becomes meaningless. Love indicates a strong emotional connection you have with another human being, and it's impossible to have love for every person on earth. Claiming you have such universal love is the ultimate in false virtue signaling.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

I don't dislike Charlie. He's a fucking weirdo, but I don't think he's a bad guy. Some might say I'm also a fucking weirdo, so I can't hold that too much against him.

However, the thing I don't like about Charlie is his pompous, more-enlightened-than-thou attitude we see from him.

If he wants to go on a campaign calling out Doug Polk for being too harsh on people, that's understandable. However, it's absurd that he is conducting such a campaign and then claiming at the same time that he loves Doug.

If you say you love everyone unconditionally, then the term love becomes meaningless. Love indicates a strong emotional connection you have with another human being, and it's impossible to have love for every person on earth. Claiming you have such universal love is the ultimate in false virtue signaling.
    Very well said. I thought you handled yourself very well on the call.... even when he started yelling and trying to drown you out like a petulant child.

Thread Information