Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Epstein Donkdown

Diamond
    Load Metric
    duped_samaritan: fake stats

u need directions back to the kiddie table or can u figure it out, smollet boy??

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    have we mentioned that his accusers get absolutely nothing from his billions of dollars because he topped himself before a judgement could be made?

Actually that's not the case. His estate will be substituted and the case will go. In one sense it will be worse b/c he won't be there to dispute a lot of it. On the other hand, at least in the State I practice in -- which I would think is the same in most if not all of the other states, you can't recover punitive damages from a dead guy, so there is that.

Comments

MumblesBadly: True dat. Civil suits don’t necessarily die with the death of the primary named defendant.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    have we mentioned that his accusers get absolutely nothing from his billions of dollars because he topped himself before a judgement could be made?

Actually that's not the case. His estate will be substituted and the case will go. In one sense it will be worse b/c he won't be there to dispute a lot of it. On the other hand, at least in the State I practice in -- which I would think is the same in most if not all of the other states, you can't recover punitive damages from a dead guy, so there is that.
    Somebody fact check the above. There is maybe a 50/50 chance coffee boy has anything right

Comments

Tellafriend: The shame your parents must feel.

Load Metric

explain please; what other damages could his victims collect if not punitive? i expect im fumbling a subtle/legal definition of the word here..
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    explain please; what other damages could his victims collect if not punitive? i expect im fumbling a subtle/legal definition of the word here..

Comments

sonatine: got that nerde

Load Metric

General damages; pain and suffering for the unlawful battery/intentional infliction of emotional distress, inter alia; there is very little limit on them as it is left the “enlightened conscience of a fair and impartial jury.”

As a practical matter the fight is going to come with regard to who the executor of the estate is and how many of his assets will be identifiable much less recoverable. He probably also has some umbrella policies that could cover some of the claims and the insurance will also survive his death.

Comments

sonatine: ahhhhhhh thank you

Load Metric

General damages; pain and suffering for the unlawful battery/intentional infliction of emotional distress, inter alia; there is very little limit on them as it is left the “enlightened conscience of a fair and impartial jury.”

As a practical matter the fight is going to come with regard to who the executor of the estate is and how many of his assets will be identifiable much less recoverable. He probably also has some umbrella policies that could cover some of the claims and the insurance will also survive his death.
    I remember similar discussion with the Aaron Hernandez suicide. If he’s never found guilty it would b more difficult to get anything civilly..... not sure what the fallout was.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

There's your problem right there. Money pays for all this shit

double de-caffe espresso thanks

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

I remember similar discussion with the Aaron Hernandez suicide. If he’s never found guilty it would b more difficult to get anything civilly..... not sure what the fallout was.
    if memory serves his estate settled with the murders he was thought to have committed prior to the owden Lloyd murder...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

OJ was found innocent and still had to pay millions civilly.

Silver
    Load Metric

Punitive damages go to the state always. Compensatory goes to the victims. The theory behind punitive is it's a punishment and the victim doesn't have the right to punish but the state does.

Wonder what kind of shape his will was in.

This guy was EXTREMELY wealthy. It sounded like he might of controlled over 100 million in apartments alone in NYC. He tipped well I read. This guy was a true .01%er in terms of wealth and it all appears to be unexplained.

The fight to make his will public, etc will be interesting. This guy had unexplained wealth on another level.

Comments

sonatine: wild shit ty

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

Punitive damages go to the state always. Compensatory goes to the victims. The theory behind punitive is it's a punishment and the victim doesn't have the right to punish but the state does.

This guy was EXTREMELY wealthy. It sounded like he might of controlled over 100 million in apartments alone in NYC. He tipped well I read. This guy was a true .01%er in terms of wealth and it all appears to be unexplained.

The fight to make his will public, etc will be interesting. This guy had unexplained wealth on another level.

there are simply no obvious holes in the theory that he compromised people through honeypots then offered to 'fix' it if they let him handle their money, which in turn he dumped into s&p 500 or whatever while he raw dogged euro tween models on his flying castle.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Who amonst us expects true justice....? The guy was offed in federal prison. Even if he directed someone to deliver a fatal needle it's all the same. It's untenable corruption. Joe average is a sucker at this point. The most guilty are not brought to trial. The rich have their way. I have no faith whatsoever in true justice.

You might as well revolt now....Fuck the idiots going after Walmart shoppers, direct your attention on the worst people in society.....those in power......shoot because you cannot miss

In a world that O.J. walks, just fucking forget it
    Last edited by limitles; 08-11-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

can you sue for compensatory damages for something like Epstein did? gonna guess the answer is yes...

so assuming that is yes, who determines how this is handled from Epstein's end? who the hell knows what he's worth, but let's just say it's a billion...if im the heir to all that dough and these victims come through, instead of going through the courts why the hell not just float $250-500M at 'em, make 'em go away and collect the rest...assuming whoever is inheriting all of this money can't get their hands on it until it's adjudicated through the courts and i'm guessing that shit can take awhile...

looked and found the aaron Hernandez thing (https://nesn.com/2019/07/aaron-herna...tims-families/)

Load Metric

there are simply no obvious holes in the theory that he compromised people through honeypots then offered to 'fix' it if they let him handle their money, which in turn he dumped into s&p 500 or whatever while he raw dogged euro tween models on his flying castle.

Yeah this is going to be one of those stories we’re never going to hear and it’s probably quite amazing. The dude was born to middle class parents, went to public school, didn’t graduate college, and generated massive wealth and had influence not befitting his background. That just doesn’t happen without anyone knowing how you made your money. Rumors of being an intelligence asset. Rumors of what you said. That seems most likely, but there is almost nothing you could make up with this guy where it strikes me as outlandish. We live in a conspiracy theory world, and you can handwave almost all of them away as absurd, but with this guy, anything seems plausible.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

can you sue for compensatory damages for something like Epstein did? gonna guess the answer is yes...

so assuming that is yes, who determines how this is handled from Epstein's end? who the hell knows what he's worth, but let's just say it's a billion...if im the heir to all that dough and these victims come through, instead of going through the courts why the hell not just float $250-500M at 'em, make 'em go away and collect the rest...assuming whoever is inheriting all of this money can't get their hands on it until it's adjudicated through the courts and i'm guessing that shit can take awhile...

looked and found the aaron Hernandez thing (https://nesn.com/2019/07/aaron-herna...tims-families/)
    Juries (unless the jury trial is waved and a judge hears the case) award punitive and compensatory damages once they award a verdict for the plaintiff. There are usually state limits on compensatory damages. The juries are aware of the distinctions when they litigate damages once they have litigated blame.

I assume his estate will be tied up in lawsuits for a long time. There is $$ there and the lawyers, victims, fake victims, etc all will want a piece of it.

What if his estate sues the jail for not keeping safe an obviously suicidal inmate? I mean sure, why not?

And how much of a salary was he paying all those older women whose job it was to recruit the young girls? Those ladies helping him find the talent had to be ringing the cash register like a boss.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Juries (unless the jury trial is waved and a judge hears the case) award punitive and compensatory damages once they award a verdict for the plaintiff. There are usually state limits on compensatory damages. The juries are aware of the distinctions when they litigate damages once they have litigated blame.

I assume his estate will be tied up in lawsuits for a long time. There is $$ there and the lawyers, victims, fake victims, etc all will want a piece of it.

What if his estate sues the jail for not keeping safe an obviously suicidal inmate? I mean sure, why not?

And how much of a salary was he paying all those older women whose job it was to recruit the young girls? Those ladies helping him find the talent had to be ringing the cash register like a boss.
    obv everybody is gonna want a piece of the money pot...

so you're saying that even if his estate/benefactor/whoever wanted to just say 'fuck it' here's a shitton of money they couldn't do that basically because they have no idea what the amount of a lawsuit might be even if $250-500M is a stupidly absurd amount of money that will cover all damages?

Load Metric
    Epstein was the goat

Comments

Tellafriend: his 66 years would be much better than 90 of any of ours

Load Metric

Can't speak as to every state obv, but in all of the states I'm familiar with the plaintiff can get some portion of the punitives, though a large portion of them are taxed and/or go to the State.

Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Who amonst us expects true justice....? The guy was offed in federal prison. Even if he directed someone to deliver a fatal needle it's all the same. It's untenable corruption. Joe average is a sucker at this point. The most guilty are not brought to trial. The rich have their way. I have no faith whatsoever in true justice.

You might as well revolt now....Fuck the idiots going after Walmart shoppers, direct your attention on the worst people in society.....those in power......shoot because you cannot miss

In a world that O.J. walks, just fucking forget it

It has always been this way and will likely remain so. But no, it isn't fair or right. Karma exists however.

compensatory damages are just a part of the "general damages I described above" and encompass pain and suffering, etc.

His estate will take a decade to wind down.

You are right, the receiver (see below) or whoever the claim is likely assigned to will sue the jail for allowing the suicide. These are difficult claims, but frankly given the facts as we now know them, it will likely be able to reach a jury. In NY it's probably worth something. Down here where I practice it would be worthless except for the chance of an assessed attorney fee award following w a nominal verdict at best.

obv everybody is gonna want a piece of the money pot...

so you're saying that even if his estate/benefactor/whoever wanted to just say 'fuck it' here's a shitton of money they couldn't do that basically because they have no idea what the amount of a lawsuit might be even if $250-500M is a stupidly absurd amount of money that will cover all damages?

Ultimately that is how it will go down. It is just going to take a long time b/c with him dead there will be even more "victims" coming out of the closet so to speak. I'm sure Epstein had been squirling away as much as he could since these allegations came out again, but you'd be surprised how much of that can be traced back given the proper motivation -- which exists here.

Also, the Executor will as mentioned end up filing a federal suit for allowing him to off himself. Any proceeds would go to the Estate and thereafter to the victims depending on how all of this shakes out.

I would expect the Court to appoint a receiver or sorts to take over the administration of this Estate and disregard the chosen Executor who I am sure is his brother and will naturally be biased and therefore unbondable.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Lawyering Rep

MumblesBadly: Thank you for saving me the time to Google-correct Sidewinder’s statement about punitive damages always going to the state.

Load Metric
    i have never ever heard of the state getting even one cent of a punitive damage award brought by an individual, at least not in typical tort cases such as the ones that would be brought by epstein's victims.

there would be no incentive for the plaintiff to waste resources seeking them.

Thread Information