Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: the good ol rootin tootin el paso walmart mass murder thread, yeeeehaw!

Load Metric
    blake which is more shocking; republican indifference to mass murders or you debating with actual mentally retarded people on an 8th tier alt right shithole?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

My point is no matter what you ban, if some crazy person wants to murder people then they’ll find a way.
    again, this reasoning is illogical. why have any gun laws? why do we ban grenades? why ban machine guns?
    Making guns illegal and then assuming people that are capable of mass murder will abid by those laws is illogical.

Comments

sah_24: exactly ...

LegalizeMeth: other countries have proven it works guy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

That ban focused on assault rifles. This thread concerns semi-automatic hunting and self protection firearms.
    My point is no matter what you ban, if some crazy person wants to murder people then they’ll find a way.

Technology is great in some ways and terrible in others and it’s my opinion that it’s the number 1 reason for the up tuck in mass murderers. With 350m people in this country there will always be a certain percentage that are mentally unstable and now there are endless ways for those people to consume ideas that can push their damaged minds over the edge.If Trump says something stupid and racist they instantly consume it and believe it. There are All sorts of sites they can go to to find other extremists to help escalate their thoughts. I saw some people talking about video games. This idea would have been crazy to me before I had kids but I’ve seen how video games and movies can affect developing minds and it’s very real. If Trumps words matter then I have to believe that these amazingly real video games where you kill people could have an impact especially if that person has a preexisting mental disorder.

Technology is a run away train and the real possible conclusion that no one wants to admit is that we can’t do anything to stop mass murderers, they’ll continue no matter what we do. The current world, the historical complexities of this country and the mentally ill is a deadly combination.
    Ya technology, what a ya gonno do? How bout dem grenades? I can't find em online or at Wal-Mart. Anybody?

Platinum
    Load Metric

again, this reasoning is illogical. why have any gun laws? why do we ban grenades? why ban machine guns?
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    blake which is more shocking; republican indifference to mass murders or you debating with actual mentally retarded people on an 8th tier alt right shithole?
    Typical braindead liberal that avoids have actual discussions with people that have a different opinion and instantly attacks. People like you on both side of the aisle are the number one problem with our country. You’re now excused to got back to your CNN brainwashing.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Technology is great in some ways and terrible in others and it’s my opinion that it’s the number 1 reason for the up tuck in mass murderers. With 350m people in this country there will always be a certain percentage that are mentally unstable and now there are endless ways for those people to consume ideas that can push their damaged minds over the edge.If Trump says something stupid and racist they instantly consume it and believe it. There are All sorts of sites they can go to to find other extremists to help escalate their thoughts. I saw some people talking about video games. This idea would have been crazy to me before I had kids but I’ve seen how video games and movies can affect developing minds and it’s very real. If Trumps words matter then I have to believe that these amazingly real video games where you kill people could have an impact especially if that person has a preexisting mental disorder.

Technology is a run away train and the real possible conclusion that no one wants to admit is that we can’t do anything to stop mass murderers, they’ll continue no matter what we do. The current world, the historical complexities of this country and the mentally ill is a deadly combination.
    Ya technology, what a ya gonno do? How bout dem grenades? I can't find em online or at Wal-Mart. Anybody?
    You would have a valid argument if millions of law abiding citizens owned and had a real use for grenades. I’m not a gun owner and haven’t been since I left the military 13 years ago but I understand why people do own guns. For example, my wife’s family owns an 8000 acre ranch in Montana and they always have guns with them. You plan on taking their guns away? Would be a bad day for everyone involved.

Load Metric

That ban focused on assault rifles. This thread concerns semi-automatic hunting and self protection firearms.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You would have a valid argument if millions of law abiding citizens owned and had a real use for grenades. I’m not a gun owner and haven’t been since I left the military 13 years ago but I understand why people do own guns. For example, my wife’s family owns an 8000 acre ranch in Montana and they always have guns with them. You plan on taking their guns away? Would be a bad day for everyone involved.
    No, that's not the point I was trying to make. Grenades are more effective than semi-automatic rifles, but where do you get them? There are no drive through liquor and grenade stores. They don't have grenade shows and you can't buy them on line. So what's the next best thing that is readily available and not that expensive that does a pretty good job?

Answer ___15

Now you say wait a minute. I use my semi-automatic rifle for taking out herds of deer and annually nullifying
    a couple of brothers invading my house. Too bad for you bad ass hunter. Shooting fish in a barrel may be fun but
    no one's crying for you if you can't . And any old hand gun will take care of your annual home inavaders
    Last edited by limitles; 08-07-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

No, that's not the point I was trying to make. Grenades are more effective than semi-automatic rifles, but where do you get them? There are no drive through liquor and grenade stores. They don't have grenade shows and you can't buy them on line. So what's the next best thing that is readily available and not that expensive that does a pretty good job?

Answer ___15
    I already answered this. If millions of people had a reasonable use for them then they would be at Walmart.

Load Metric
    maybe public trust or higher security clearance should be required for semi auto rifles with more than a 5 round clip.. something like that.

because real talk if i lived in the southwest and had feral hogs going after my crops, im not trying to hear about how i cant drop an entire sounder without reloading because sah_408 cant be trusted with the grownup tools.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Answer ___15
    I already answered this. If millions of people had a reasonable use for them then they would be at Walmart.

You missed part two. And like Sonatine is saying owning weapons with such potential should require a lot of paperwork.

You can own guns in Canada but there are a lot of hoops you have to jump through before they say load em up.

The semi-automatic is not a hunting essential by any means. And until we have a fresh crop of zombies the same applies for self defense

It's overkill, sorry

Platinum
    Load Metric
    maybe public trust or higher security clearance should be required for semi auto rifles with more than a 5 round clip.. something like that.

because real talk if i lived in the southwest and had feral hogs going after my crops, im not trying to hear about how i cant drop an entire sounder without reloading because sah_408 cant be trusted with the grownup tools.
    Sounds reasonable and I’d be all for it if I thought it would have a significant impact. I’m of the opinion that whatever is made illegal will just have a huge uptick in demand coming over the border and the crazy people will get their hands on what they want anyway. Or they’ll teach themselves how to build bombs from the internet (that technology thing again) or they’ll drive a bus into a crowd etc etc etc.

Load Metric

Answer ___15

Now you say wait a minute. I use my semi-automatic rifle for taking out herds of deer and annually nullifying
    a couple of brothers invading my house. Too bad for you bad ass hunter. Shooting fish in a barrel may be fun but
    no one's crying for you if you can't . And any old hand gun will take care of your annual home inavaders

Les: Surely you have heard of the Uni Bomber? He didn't need grenades . People build grenades and bombs . Should we ban Batteries and Nails and Gun powder?

Load Metric
    I like this idea also

Load Metric

Sounds reasonable and I’d be all for it if I thought it would have a significant impact. I’m of the opinion that whatever is made illegal will just have a huge uptick in demand coming over the border and the crazy people will get their hands on what they want anyway. Or they’ll teach themselves how to build bombs from the internet (that technology thing again) or they’ll drive a bus into a crowd etc etc etc.

there's no binary solution, and people who want no change are the ones pushing the 'that wont fix the problem so we dont want it done' narratives hardest.

im guessing less than 1% of mass murderers would have qualified for PT or PT+.

and enhanced sentencing for violators would give us the cheap labor force we need to remediate our crumbling national infrastructure.

'yeah jethro these oxies and that AR-15 just got you 12 years on a first offense. orrrrrrr you spend 2 years getting fed, clothed, housed, and given access to free therapy while you fill potholes and learn how to arc weld for like, 24 months homey, training you for an actual job that can support a family when you're released.'

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Serious question, has anyone found a recent reliable source that studied what percent of murders are committed using legally bought guns? I’m assuming that most murders are committed by illegal guns already but could be wrong.

Load Metric
    Serious question, has anyone found a recent reliable source that studied what percent of murders are committed using legally bought guns? I’m assuming that most murders are committed by illegal guns already but could be wrong.

i get the impression that these white kids are buying at gun shows.

Load Metric

Why can't folks own their own tactical nukes?

If you're gonna use the 2nd amendment as a right to bear arms... might as well go all in.

If you're seriously concerned with protecting freedom and liberty, you'll need tactical nukes in your arsenal to protect yourself from tyranny.

Cruise missiles, smart bombs, aircraft, artillery etc etc.
    AR"S will hardly help if you need to overthrow an unjust, oppressive regime. No point showing up to a gun fight with a pea shooter.

Nukes for all, let's make America fair.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Why can't folks own their own tactical nukes?

If you're gonna use the 2nd amendment as a right to bear arms... might as well go all in.

If you're seriously concerned with protecting freedom and liberty, you'll need tactical nukes in your arsenal to protect yourself from tyranny.

Cruise missiles, smart bombs, aircraft, artillery etc etc.
    AR"S will hardly help if you need to overthrow an unjust, oppressive regime. No point showing up to a gun fight with a pea shooter.

Nukes for all, let's make America fair.
    I already answered this, there is no reasonable purpose for anything you’ve listed so no one would ever own them.

Platinum
    Load Metric

there's no binary solution, and people who want no change are the ones pushing the 'that wont fix the problem so we dont want it done' narratives hardest.

im guessing less than 1% of mass murderers would have qualified for PT or PT+.

and enhanced sentencing for violators would give us the cheap labor force we need to remediate our crumbling national infrastructure.

'yeah jethro these oxies and that AR-15 just got you 12 years on a first offense. orrrrrrr you spend 2 years getting fed, clothed, housed, and given access to free therapy while you fill potholes and learn how to arc weld for like, 24 months homey, training you for an actual job that can support a family when you're released.'

I agree with you that something needs to be done even if it doesn’t work. Every time this happens and nothing changes then it happens again and we look pretty fuckin stupid for not doing anything. My issue is, I haven’t heard any ideas that I think will impact this problem in a meaningful way.

Load Metric

the focus shouldn't be on eliminating mass killings. it should be on reducing them and reducing the number of casualties. the impact also doesn't need to be immediate.

making it harder to obtain these weapons -- prohibiting their legal sale or ownership, banning the sale of the bullets -- would reduce the number of casualties over time.

we don't tolerate this sort of reasoning in any other aspect of our lives, but for some reason some of you just throw up our hands with gun violence.

like 10 assholes on planes took down some buildings on 9/11 one fucking time and we invested like a trillion dollars in counterterrorism and airport security, giving up a shit ton of our freedom and privacy in the process.

that was one incident on one day. did we respond with, why bother with airport security? after all, if the terrorists want us dead, they'll just do lone wolf attacks? if they want us dead, we'll be dead? of course not cause that's a ridiculous answer.

Thread Information