Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: the good ol rootin tootin el paso walmart mass murder thread, yeeeehaw!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    As much as I would like most guns banned...you’d pretty much have to repeal the 2nd amendment.

Because you can’t stop at sport rifles, you have to ban semi auto pistols too...then higher capacity shot guns.

Good luck...that’s 100 million guns.
    the focus needs to be on at least reducing the frequency of mass shootings and/or number of casualties.

red flag laws, banning semi-auto rifles, psychological testing, enhanced screenings would all help.

i also want real police (not a lone old rental cop) at every school in the country. and yes i'd be ok i with higher taxes to pay for this.
    You're talking about regulation in a de-regulated society. A society that does not realize that scamming is the American way.

Banking, health, environment, schools, prisons.....everything de-regulated becomes a source of revenue for those who will prey upon the rest. Add into it corruption of the legal system and you've got a shit show

Sucker born every minute

That's it. If you don't have a watchdog, you are going to get fucked.

Who is looking out for you in this mass murder environment? The gun industry? They will lose money if regulations are imposed.
    They do not want regulation and pay people gladly to avoid it.

Same with any other instituion making a living off the backs of others. They don't care. So who does?

Just think of any game. For money. Now no rules. Watch out cause all hell will break lose.
    Last edited by limitles; 08-06-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    As much as I would like most guns banned...you’d pretty much have to repeal the 2nd amendment.

Because you can’t stop at sport rifles, you have to ban semi auto pistols too...then higher capacity shot guns.

Good luck...that’s 100 million guns.
    The 2nd Amendment does NOT provide immunity from civil liabilitity for selling a gun to someone who commits a crime with it. If civil liability law was reformed to make gun sellers and manufacturers civil liable for the damages caused by mass shootings, you’d see the gun industry go into high gear to work to get and keep guns out of the hands of homicidal assholes like the recent shooters.

Comments

sah_24: Worst poster in history of internet
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    i don't want to agree with mumbles cause he's terrible, but it is a bit crazy that the gun manufacturers are the one group immune from most civil lawsuits. we don't even have these protections for auto or opioid manufacturers. the roberts court is about to take up the issue so we'll see how that goes. i think we know.

mitch mcconnell won't even call a vote on the universal background bill previously passed by the house.

nra lobby is absurdly strong. trump is already backing down.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Seeing the illogic of gun industry civil immunity rep

Load Metric
    quick reminder; we already banned assault weapons in the 90s and the NRA republicans tore that shit down about a decade later.

Comments

sah_24: Your stupidity is truly mind boggling but you are a fat guy so ... guess I shouldn't be surprised
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Time to send you Libs into bat shit crazy mode . Have a good day

Last edited by Gookieheimowitz; 08-07-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Load Metric
    Yes, what we need is more crazy people who don't know how to shoot a gun, carry guns around with them.

They can easily take on a mentally disturbed crazy motherfucker with assault weapons (AK-47) and a couple thousand rounds of ammunition.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    The 2nd amendment, as well as the rest of the constitution, must be defended continually and with vigor.

That said, and speaking as someone who owns an AR15, there is absolutely no reason why high capacity semi automatic rifles should be as easily obtainable as they are. As a society we place limits on firearms and weapons such as fully automatic guns, explosive devices, etc.

At this point it's entirely reasonable and proper to revisit banning the sale and distribution of these weapons, or at the very least making it difficult to obtain one.

The fact that any deranged fool can waltz into a gun store and walk out with one of these things cannot be considered acceptable any longer. The carnage associated with these incidents is bad enough, but the "terror", in the truest sense of the word, that is being inflicted on the collective American psyche is compounding and must be arrested.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Best post you've made since Trump came down that elevator

sah_24: So then they use pistols and hunting rifles then you will want them banned ... you and jimmy are retarded like all liberals

MumblesBadly: Will you join with us to reform gun industry/merchant civil liability immunity?

Load Metric
    quick reminder that we have this discussion every two weeks.

Load Metric
    we also somehow need to figure out a way to keep guns out of the hands of incels.

maybe raise the age of gun ownership to 25

Load Metric
    and yes i get that mumbles is older than 25, so that wouldn't prevent all incels from obtaining firearms, but it's a start

Load Metric
    and yes i get that mumbles is older than 25, so that wouldn't prevent all incels from obtaining firearms, but it's a start

Blake just noticed your avatar . LOL. I'm a huge Eagles fan

Enjoy

Comments

blake: finish him

Load Metric
    quick reminder that we have this discussion every two weeks.

in fairness that means we only do it every other right wing incel mass murder.

Comments

sah_24: Ohio guy was a guy just like you lol ... god you are a moron
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Who could have guessed Sonatine would only make this thread and not the "raging, Elizabeth Warren loving, satanist libtard in Ohio" thread ... oh hypocrisy

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If only the United States had an assault weapon ban in 1999, the Columbine shooting would have never happen. Oh wait, there was a ban at that time......

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    If only the United States had an assault weapon ban in 1999, the Columbine shooting would have never happen. Oh wait, there was a ban at that time......
    You knew the above was suspect without even looking but I had to.

The 10-year ban was passed by the US Congress on September 13, 1994, following a close 52–48 vote in the US Senate, and was signed into law by US President Bill Clinton on the same day. The ban applied only to weaponsmanufactured after the date of the ban's enactment.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That ban focused on assault rifles. This thread concerns semi-automatic hunting and self protection firearms.

Load Metric
    i don't get this line of thinking. why make anything illegal if people are going to commit the crime anyway?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    That ban focused on assault rifles. This thread concerns semi-automatic hunting and self protection firearms.
    My point is no matter what you ban, if some crazy person wants to murder people then they’ll find a way.

Technology is great in some ways and terrible in others and it’s my opinion that it’s the number 1 reason for the up tuck in mass murderers. With 350m people in this country there will always be a certain percentage that are mentally unstable and now there are endless ways for those people to consume ideas that can push their damaged minds over the edge.If Trump says something stupid and racist they instantly consume it and believe it. There are All sorts of sites they can go to to find other extremists to help escalate their thoughts. I saw some people talking about video games. This idea would have been crazy to me before I had kids but I’ve seen how video games and movies can affect developing minds and it’s very real. If Trumps words matter then I have to believe that these amazingly real video games where you kill people could have an impact especially if that person has a preexisting mental disorder.

Technology is a run away train and the real possible conclusion that no one wants to admit is that we can’t do anything to stop mass murderers, they’ll continue no matter what we do. The current world, the historical complexities of this country and the mentally ill is a deadly combination.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

My point is no matter what you ban, if some crazy person wants to murder people then they’ll find a way.
    again, this reasoning is illogical. why have any gun laws? why do we ban grenades? why ban machine guns?

Comments

MumblesBadly: And why ban/regulate high explosives?

Thread Information