Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: the good ol rootin tootin el paso walmart mass murder thread, yeeeehaw!

Load Metric
    Cyborgs vs Preppers, the next reality TV hit... sonatine you are a genius.

Load Metric
    im all about those ppvs and livestreams.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I like guns. Have owned many and wanted many more.

Think a shotgun is reasonable protection for a home... 9mm backup perfect.

AR is a vermin gun. I'm sure folks in certain places need them.

Bah, people don't need guns in general.

I hear folks in Canada often leave their front doors unlocked..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i fully admit that execution of any disarmament policy would have to be left to armed cyborgs.
    I for one welcome our new robot overlords

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Biden was talking about an attempted buy back but he admitted he wouldn’t forcefully take anyone’s gun with his plan.

so the thing is, the first pass is going to be a red flag law, this is from trumps mouth. and no matter how you look at it, it starts with a knock on the door pretty much. a whoooole lot of those knocks are going to result in rounds in egress.
    The funny thing is you think the knock is possible. Soldiers and police officers who are often AR owners themselves, are going to do this 0.0% of the time.

Load Metric
    you really wouldn't need to try and take the guns. the vast majority of people would voluntarily turn them in as opposed to doing jail time. this would take a huge number out of circulation. also, outlaw the sale of the bullets.

the goal is to not cause an immediate elimination of mass shootings, but a gradual one.

Load Metric
    NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre spoke with Trump on Tuesday after the president expressed support for a background check bill and told him it would not be popular among Trump’s supporters, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to freely discuss internal talks. LaPierre also argued against the bill’s merits, the officials said.
    lol gg background checks

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/nra-c...checks-report/

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    you really wouldn't need to try and take the guns. the vast majority of people would voluntarily turn them in as opposed to doing jail time. this would take a huge number out of circulation. also, outlaw the sale of the bullets.

the goal is to not cause an immediate elimination of mass shootings, but a gradual one.
    And around and around we go. Sure some people will voluntarily give back their guns but these are people that are law abiding citizens that would never in a million years commit mass murder. So does taking their guns away help solve the problem of mass murders? I say no. This is an inefficient way to attempt to solve the problem that is gonna piss off millions of Americans and cause even more division.

Load Metric

And around and around we go. Sure some people will voluntarily give back their guns but these are people that are law abiding citizens that would never in a million years commit mass murder. So does taking their guns away help solve the problem of mass murders? I say no. This is an inefficient way to attempt to solve the problem that is gonna piss off millions of Americans and cause even more division.

That's what the Democrats want . They have murdered people before to gain popularity in elections and keep secrets .

Load Metric

is it even a debate that, over time, taking away guns will reduce casualties?

how is that even disputable?

Load Metric
    in 50 years, our children will laugh at us as to how this was even a debate

Load Metric
    much like they will laugh as to how we elected donald trump as president

Platinum
    Load Metric

Of course it’s a debate, in fact it’s likely to result in a net increase in murders in this country. When millions of people feel that their constitutional rights are being taken away what do you think the result is? More or less extremists?

Load Metric

Of course it’s a debate, in fact it’s likely to result in a net increase in murders in this country. When millions of people feel that their constitutional rights are being taken away what do you think the result is? More or less extremists?
    again, you wouldn't really need to go the stormtrooper route to accomplish this. there are far smarter ways of doing it.

remove the civil liability protections currently in place against gun manufacturers (and no other industries) and see what happens. outlaw the selling or importation (but not ownership) of semi-auto rifles or bullets.

either that or just flood the southern states with mexicans and turn them blue. we're like 10 years from texas being permanently blue as is. are semi-auto rifles the hill you all want to die on?

your call. it's really not a question of "if" but "when". you know this.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Of course itÂ’s a debate, in fact itÂ’s likely to result in a net increase in murders in this country. When millions of people feel that their constitutional rights are being taken away what do you think the result is? More or less extremists?
    again, you wouldn't really need to go the stormtrooper route to accomplish this. there are far smarter ways of doing it.

remove the civil liability protections currently in place against gun manufacturers (and no other industries) and see what happens. outlaw the selling or importation (but not ownership) of semi-auto rifles or bullets.

either that or just flood the southern states with mexicans and turn them blue. we're like 10 years from texas being permanently blue as is. are semi-auto rifles the hill you all want to die on?

I’m not dying on any hill, as I said before I’m not a gun owner. But there are millions of people that are willing to die on that hill because their position is if we let the government take away one constitutional right that will only be the beginning. If only a few people felt that way they could be disregarded in this discussion but they number in the millions. Whether their concern is justified or not is a different discussion but the threat of many of those people becoming extremists to protect their constitutional rights is very real.

Comments

Gookieheimowitz: 100%
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 08-08-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Load Metric

I’m not dying on any hill, as I said before I’m not a gun owner. But there are millions of people that are willing to die on that hill because their position is if we let the government take away one constitutional right that will only be the being. If only a few people felt that way they could be disregarded in this discussion but they number in the millions. Whether their concern is justified or not is a different discussion but the threat of many of those people becoming extremists to protect their constitutional rights is very real.

Keep it up 100% facts. Everything you have said so far is what I want to say but am not as educated as you seem to be. My thoughts are written through you. Thank You

Load Metric

I’m not dying on any hill, as I said before I’m not a gun owner. But there are millions of people that are willing to die on that hill because their position is if we let the government take away one constitutional right that will only be the beginning. If only a few people felt that way they could be disregarded in this discussion but they number in the millions. Whether their concern is justified or not is a different discussion but the threat of many of those people becoming extremists to protect their constitutional rights is very real.
    i hear you. but with every sandy hook, the amount of people who agree with that mindset goes down.

increased background checks are a 90-10 issue. even most republicans are good with assault weapons bans. (i'd argue that most people polled consider assault weapons to be any semi-auto rifle, even if that's not technically true.)

you can only resist the will of the people for so long.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    From the American Psychiatric Association (APA):

Mental health programs are severely underfunded in this country and access to needed care is challenging for individuals and families. It is important to note that the overwhelming majority of people with mental illness are not violent and far more likely to be victims of violent crime than perpetrators of violence. Rhetoric that argues otherwise will further stigmatize and interfere with people accessing needed treatment. Individuals can also be emboldened to act violently by the public discourse and divisive rhetoric.

I found this interesting.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    sah_24: So then they use pistols and hunting rifles then you will want them banned ... you and jimmy are retarded like all liberals

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 422
Size:  2.13 MB

sah you bloviating, blustering buffoon what are you fucking new?

I was prepared to expound on my previous post but I'm pretty sure I'd be wasting my breath.

Better luck with reading comprehension next time.

Name:  BL (6).gif
Views: 404
Size:  751.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

so the thing is, the first pass is going to be a red flag law, this is from trumps mouth. and no matter how you look at it, it starts with a knock on the door pretty much. a whoooole lot of those knocks are going to result in rounds in egress.
    The funny thing is you think the knock is possible. Soldiers and police officers who are often AR owners themselves, are going to do this 0.0% of the time.

its so coge that you would mention this; i remember that PNW sheriff in bundy country sending out an open letter saying he would flatly refuse to enforce any order that violated the 2nd amendment... so yeah, you aint wrong.

time to invest in robotics co's.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information