Thread: AFIB?

Load Metric

AFIB?

First, I will say I have near perfect blood pressure, I measure it every day it rarely gets over 125 - 85, many days it's 115-75. Pulse rate is usually in the 60s in the mornings and 70s in the day. I am maybe 5-10 lbs overweight and exercise moderately, I recently bought an elliptical machine. I eat mostly seafood and vegetables. Red meat maybe once a week.

Over the last few months, I get a heart beat skipping sensation. I mean to say it is uncomfortable is an understatement. Let me be clear, I would rather jam my thumb with a tack then go through this heart beat skip. My fear is I am going to pass out driving somewhere, the other day I got an attack and pulled over and walked all over a Target until it passed.

What is the deal here? It's always worse in the morning, sometimes I will drink a glass of red wine just to calm down, which I hate red wine and in the morning it is gag worthy but it is calming.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Wow....great story!!!

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    First, I will say I have near perfect blood pressure, I measure it every day it rarely gets over 125 - 85, many days it's 115-75. Pulse rate is usually in the 60s in the mornings and 70s in the day. I am maybe 5-10 lbs overweight and exercise moderately, I recently bought an elliptical machine. I eat mostly seafood and vegetables. Red meat maybe once a week.

Over the last few months, I get a heart beat skipping sensation. I mean to say it is uncomfortable is an understatement. Let me be clear, I would rather jam my thumb with a tack then go through this heart beat skip. My fear is I am going to pass out driving somewhere, the other day I got an attack and pulled over and walked all over a Target until it passed.

What is the deal here? It's always worse in the morning, sometimes I will drink a glass of red wine just to calm down, which I hate red wine and in the morning it is gag worthy but it is calming.
    I can help you out here. AFIB comes in degrees, from a quick skip to a chest pounding feeling that your having a heart attack. This happened to me months before I had my heart attack and it was far scarier. I drove myself to the hospital with this pounding and it settled some 20 minutes later.

It's not a good sign. Doesn't mean you're heart attack bound but it turns out I did have arterie blockage that led to a mild h.a. Some people just have the condition but doctors said it can be lifestyle related..... drinking and smoking don't help.

Load Metric
    Xanex is your friend

I take 2 milligrams of Xanax in the morning and 12 hours later I take another 2 milligrams. I don't care about the side effects or the addiction of it all. My theory is it makes me feel great. I don't worry about anything and I would rather be happy all day instead of fearing my heart is going to burst or whatever other ailments that a 50 yr old man feels and worries about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I can help you out here. AFIB comes in degrees, from a quick skip to a chest pounding feeling that your having a heart attack. This happened to me months before I had my heart attack and it was far scarier. I drove myself to the hospital with this pounding and it settled some 20 minutes later.

It's not a good sign. Doesn't mean you're heart attack bound but it turns out I did have arterie blockage that led to a mild h.a. Some people just have the condition but doctors said it can be lifestyle related..... drinking and smoking don't help.
    Yeah, I just made an appointment with a cardiologist. Something is not right.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Being elbow deep in toilets all day caught up.

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    Xanex is your friend

I take 2 milligrams of Xanax in the morning and 12 hours later I take another 2 milligrams. I don't care about the side effects or the addiction of it all. My theory is it makes me feel great. I don't worry about anything and I would rather be happy all day instead of fearing my heart is going to burst or whatever other ailments that a 50 yr old man feels and worries about.
    jesus that is a ton of xanax

Comments

Tellafriend: It’s a fuck lot of Xanax bid for years

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Xanex is your friend

jesus that is a ton of xanax

It's $4.00 per day to feel like nothing could or would go wrong . The VA stopped prescribing it to me years ago for obvious reasons. So get it from other avenues.

I've had sever anxiety panic disorder for about 28 years . Without it I truly just don't function well in society.

Name:  IMG_20190803_083220.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  2.13 MB

These are 8 milligram bars . You break off at two milligrams per dose. I don't mind clonazapan either because it's time released but these beautiful yellow bars are heaven .

Load Metric
    Don't wait for an appointment. An irregular heartbeat puts you at high risk for stroke. ER it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    welcome to middle age. its all downhill from here.

Comments

ftpjesus: usually we dont agree on much but this is definitely a true statement.. Things went to shit after I turned 40
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Xanex is your friend

I’ve been on way higher doses than that in the past. All the benzos. Ativan, Xanax, klonopin. All prescribed. There was a time when I was on so much Ativan and Xanax that I had to go to compounding pharmacies because the dose wasn’t anything the companies produced. I never really had any noticeable side effects in any significant way, but after years of weaning down to the point where I’m at .05 mg of klonopin and about ready to make that final push to get completely off after 20 years, I can tell you definitively that you have side effects that aren’t really perceptible.

It’s not a side effect like rash or drowsiness or shit that most associate with side effects. It’s thngs you chalk up to just getting older or other things. I would bet in many ways you’ve felt less productive over however long you’ve been on them. Maybe you feel you’ve simply mellowed with age. Maybe you feel some issues are other things. When you’re on high doses for a long time, life kind of just slips away and you find yourself asking where did the years go?

I’ve often been an advocate of prescribed benzo use on these sites for a long time. I’ve often said I’ll never go off because I’ve had no side effects. There came a point maybe a year ago when I said to myself where did 30-48 go? I lived my life, but lost my edge on multiple fronts. I chalked it up to many things. I found myself unhappy, not depressed, but just with a little less passion in life than the past. When I really sat back and thought about it, I kept coming back to when I thought about this or that, it always came
    bqck to when I started benzos . I chalked it up to the cancer and things that coincided timewise, but those things were gone. I let relationships that were going nowhere linger on. I had less ambition. Just less urgency in general. I was always very ambitious. I was still in the gym 5 days a week, just not with the intensity of times past. I started to settle a lot in life. Thought it was just maturation, but it wasn’t really things that were making me happy. I finally decided to start weaning. The longer I weaned, the more I returned to myself. I find myself asking myself why I put up with this or that now? Why I didn’t do things. I’m better and sharper and hungrier at everything in life again. I feel 25 years old.

I have my ambition back. Those things are pernicious. It’s vague. I now wish I had did it much sooner. They are simply not meant for long term consumption. I’m not preaching. Nothing works better on a bad day. I will always go to them in a pinch. Just never an every day thing once I kick. I have my edge back. I feel so much better. It’s possible your anxiety precludes quitting. It’s a hellish long time to wean off something that doesn’t seem to be causing any major issues, but I suspect you’d feel similar if you ever undertake it. We are almost exactly the same age. I can’t tell you how sharp and hungry I am again in general. Snapping off shit pronto that was unproductive. In tremendous shape and have my intensity back. I’d guess you have a similar experience and would feel similar. There are side effects. They are just subtle.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Don't wait for an appointment. An irregular heartbeat puts you at high risk for stroke. ER it.
    Good to be proactive to rule anything out but this is a little extreme. A lot of times these palpatations can be caused by alcohol or smoking, initially quiting alcohol or smoking, caffeine, too little sleep and 9 times out of 10 anxiety of getting them again.

Some poor schmoes go there whole life with these every day without any adverse health issues.

I get them related to anxiety every once in a while. I can also make my bp 160/115 from being at the Dr office, while testing 116/72 any other time. My blood work, everything all fine. Just a fucked up genetic seratonin draw.

Comments

splitthis: No it's not

Load Metric
    yeah i didnt want to comment because this is split's lane but middle aged men get irregular heart beats and its horrific and terrifying and very much comes with the territory, there is virtually no way to stop them beyond xanax or meditation.

Comments

splitthis: It's not normal. Period.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Ive had tachycardia issues since I was a teen its only been the last couple years Ive had issues with irregular beats.. I had an ER visit almost 3 months ago when I had hours long runs of irregular issues and I was indeed in AFib.. My cardiologist thinks its possible the tachycardia is finally showing its cause which is an errant pacer that maybe identifiable now and have an ablation done.. My Grandmother (Dads Mom) developed AFib herself for no apparent reason in her early to mid 40s which is a little before my current age of 45.. Truthfully you probably need to be on a low dose beta blocker (assuming no lung issues like asthma) or a Calcium channel blocker which will usually keep the excitability down and tamp down on the rate issues.. I would suggest however for sure if you are not doing so you need to be taking asprin daily because AFib even if it comes and goes significantly increases your risk for developing a clot that could easily break loose and cause a stroke or pulmonary embolism..

Load Metric
    splitthis: It's not normal. Period.

disregard everything i said, this is split's territory and i defer to her while wearing a full body puppy costume.

Comments

splitthis: Making an ole lady horny

Load Metric
    Don't screw around. Get it checked out by a Medical Professional ASAP. Getting remedy suggestions on here from the trolls won't get you anywhere. Until you see the doctor....

Name:  11eef3fdc6dfdaa99a5039dc62b8644e.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  30.9 KB

Load Metric
    You need to get it checked out by a doctor or cardiologist like yesterday. My dad had afib and it caused all kinds of problems including heart failure. He had it for a long time but kept putting off going to the doctor. Ended up in hospital with heart failure for 2 weeks. After his stint in the hospital he had to go get some procedure done to fix his afib and hes gucci now.

Load Metric
    The reason women live longer than men is men don't take care of their shit. There are many kinds of cardiac arrhythmias, some benign, some deadly. That's why you ER it when something isn't right, especially if it scares you. Let them determine if it is anxiety or something way more serious. Hopefully gull is getting checked out.

Comments

limitles: expertise rep
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Hopefully gull is getting checked out.

with hurricane season ramping up, we cant afford to take any chances.

Load Metric
    Been MIA for three days ? As much as him and I usually disagree and he has multiple dupes . Hoping Mr. Gull is ok.

Load Metric
    adios motherfucker

Thread Information