Allegedly Nick Marchington contacted a staking group, c biscuit poker staking, to buy a piece of his WSOP action in the following 2 tournaments:

$5k NLh 6max

$20k WSOP ME

Both parties agreed to a 1.1-1.2 mark up and the staking group bought 10% and sent Nick $1,750 for the action.

3 weeks later the staking group asked for proof of receipts that he had bought into each tournament, at this time Nick said that he was most likely not playing either tournament. The staking group was fine with it and requested the money back. They tried to get a 3rd party to pick it up.

Shortly after that, Nick messaged them that he’d still likely play the main event but wanted a higher make up (1.7). That same day, he sent them a picture of the $5k 6max receipt. The staking group was confused and asked if they still had action. He said yes to the $5k but unsure about the ME.

On July 1st, Nick contacted the staking group and said their action was cancelled. On July 4th Nick played the Main and bagged, and on July 5th tried to return $1,200.

It’s unclear if they accepted it or not, but I assume they didn’t. Once he finished 7th, they filed the lawsuit. Caesars had already paid Nick but they cancelled his check. Nick was made aware of the lawsuit several days later when he tried to cash out from another event and Caesar’s wouldn’t let him.

The staking group is suing him for $152.5k + attorney fees.

Original source: https://www.pocketfives.com/articles...t-deal-625927/