Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 91

Thread: Trans-Siberian Railway LIVE Trip Report

  1. #41
    Gold MrTickle's Avatar
    Reputation
    357
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,300
    today I was in the wonderful siberian city of Omsk. I got warned by so many Muscovites that it's a dump. What do you think?

    Train station
    Name:  OMSK1.jpeg
Views: 238
Size:  228.5 KB

    Omsk beach
    Name:  OMSK2.jpeg
Views: 238
Size:  285.0 KB

    Lenin Street ft. old as fuck Lada
    Name:  OMSK3.jpeg
Views: 237
Size:  282.6 KB

    Pathetically small Lenin
    Name:  OMSK4.jpeg
Views: 241
Size:  287.8 KB

    beautiful drama theatre
    Name:  OMSK5.jpeg
Views: 236
Size:  206.0 KB

    one of the most beautiful churches i've ever seen
    Name:  OMSK6.jpeg
Views: 233
Size:  221.0 KB
    Name:  OMSK7.jpeg
Views: 234
Size:  260.3 KB

     
    Comments
      
      Crowe Diddly: Tiny Lenin rep
      
      gimmick:
      
      GambleBotsChafedPenis: Cool Pictures Rep
      
      MumblesBadly: More great pics!

  2. #42
    Doesn't look bad at all to me . If that's a dump what is really a dump. Still enjoying the history and even more words in English today . Also what appears to be a nice BMW in the background .

  3. #43
    More people and things Tickle, please.

    Ask that chick to empty her pocketbook and take a picture. Empty yours.

     
    Comments
      
      Kuntmissioner: запусти свои карманы

  4. #44
    Gold MrTickle's Avatar
    Reputation
    357
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,300
    I left the city centre and found a part of the city which is very derelict. Hard to believe people actually live here.

    Name:  OMSK8.jpeg
Views: 227
Size:  316.3 KBName:  OMSK9.jpeg
Views: 225
Size:  307.9 KBName:  OMSK10.jpeg
Views: 228
Size:  383.9 KBName:  OMSK11.jpeg
Views: 227
Size:  296.9 KBName:  OMSK12.jpeg
Views: 221
Size:  259.6 KB

     
    Comments
      
      Jayjami: Detroit is much worse

  5. #45
    Gold MrTickle's Avatar
    Reputation
    357
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    Doesn't look bad at all to me . If that's a dump what is really a dump. Still enjoying the history and even more words in English today . Also what appears to be a nice BMW in the background .
    I never really noticed the English until you pointed it out. I guess my brain doesn't really compute a difference anymore. I just understand it without thinking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    More people and things Tickle, please.

    Ask that chick to empty her pocketbook and take a picture. Empty yours.
    Anything you'd like to see in particular?

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    I never really noticed the English until you pointed it out. I guess my brain doesn't really compute a difference anymore. I just understand it without thinking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    More people and things Tickle, please.

    Ask that chick to empty her pocketbook and take a picture. Empty yours.
    Anything you'd like to see in particular?

    The so called bad part of town looks like any typical american inner city . Such as Wheeling West Virginia comes to mind . Still amazed at again another city with very little to no trash on the streets . Also I like the idea of possibly some interaction with locals and maybe some stories of what they think of the westerners. Either way I never want this trip report to end .

    Also was interested to know what was inside the I Love Italian shop? Seems like a weird store unless its for tourists? or a food shop?

  7. #47
    Gold MrTickle's Avatar
    Reputation
    357
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,300
    stumped up a few extra russian rubles to travel in first class tonight.

    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-08-05 at 23.04.13.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  182.7 KB

    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-08-06 at 02.20.15.jpeg
Views: 215
Size:  178.8 KB

     
    Comments
      
      Gookieheimowitz: Extra rubles and great trip report rep

  8. #48
    Incredible thread. Always wanted to do this.

    Need a pic of some 6 ft tall blonde Russian chick you're banging in that private cabin ftw.

     
    Comments
      
      GambleBotsChafedPenis: Hadda Be Said/Good Idea Rep
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

  9. #49
    Would you translate the signs in the “derelict pictures”.

  10. #50
    Fun fact

    Over half of all Americans do not hold a valid passport

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Fun fact

    Over half of all Americans do not hold a valid passport

    That's because their all hispanic refuges. When u watch pd live none of the people even have ids or insurance let alone passports. They have the medicaid cards though. Thread is awesome just need some candid hot women pictures.

  12. #52
    Gold MrTickle's Avatar
    Reputation
    357
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Would you translate the signs in the “derelict pictures”.
    they all say продажа/продам meaning for sale

    the first one has more interesting signs. it has a shop inside. It says it fixes televisions, audio equipment etc.... It also says entrance to the 'atelier' (art studio) is around the corner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Fun fact

    Over half of all Americans do not hold a valid passport
    This is madness. I'm 24 and have been to 49 countries.

  13. #53
    Gold MrTickle's Avatar
    Reputation
    357
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    The so called bad part of town looks like any typical american inner city . Such as Wheeling West Virginia comes to mind . Still amazed at again another city with very little to no trash on the streets . Also I like the idea of possibly some interaction with locals and maybe some stories of what they think of the westerners. Either way I never want this trip report to end .

    Also was interested to know what was inside the I Love Italian shop? Seems like a weird store unless its for tourists? or a food shop?
    It actually says "I Love Italian Shoes". Just a shoe shop.

    https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...oiowE3oECBYQBg

  14. #54
    funny thing is that the "slummy" buildings don't look all that bad...

    compare that shit to Detroit and you'll see some real bad shit...

  15. #55
    How would you characterize your reception as a tourist? Do you find Russians open and gregarious with strangers? Does it vary by territory? Maybe it’s not a fair question.

    What was your impression of New York or elsewhere in the US as a Brit visitor?

    Here is an odd question. In the US we are big on patriotism. You will see the American flag planted in peoples yards. The national anthem is sung at the beginning of sports contests. Red white and blue is a fashion statement.

    Do you find that phenomenon in Russia (or other countries)?

    Another odd question. It’s PFA after all and in the old days it was a site focused on gambling.

    Do Russians have a lot of gamble in your experience?

    I actually think this is a great question. I have no idea how you might answer
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-05-2019 at 05:26 PM.

  16. #56
    Gold MrTickle's Avatar
    Reputation
    357
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    How would you characterize your reception as a tourist? Do you find Russians open and gregarious with strangers? Does it vary by territory? Maybe it’s not a fair question.

    What was your impression of New York or elsewhere in the US as a Brit visitor?

    Here is an odd question. In the US we are big on patriotism. You will see the American flag planted in peoples yards. The national anthem is sung at the beginning of sports contests. Red white and blue is a fashion statement.

    Do you find that phenomenon in Russia (or other countries)?

    Another odd question. It’s PFA after all and in the old days it was a site focused on gambling.

    Do Russians have a lot of gamble in your experience?

    I actually think this is a great question. I have no idea how you might answer
    I get a very positive reaction. They love tourists. They're such a rarity outside Moscow that they're facinated why anyone would bother coming to their shithole. And they're SUPER impressed if you speak Russian. I've been all over the USA and generally in NY/California nobody bats an eyelid that you're foreign, and in the rest of USA you get a positive reception. People are just happy someone came to see their home.

    Rusisans are pretty patriotic but this phenomena is very very American. People don't fly the flag here and that's the same for 99% of countries in the world. Yanks are weird like that.

    And yes Russians definitely have a lot of gamble! There's a lot of degen sports betting behaviour. The TV is full of adverts for sportsbooks. Super popular. Casinos were banned about a decade though and only 3 have been allowed to remain open - not one of them is anywhere near Moscow.

     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: Fantastic stuff
      
      WillieMcFML: great thread rep

  17. #57
    Ads for sports wagering. I love it. We have this image of Russian civil liberties. I’m thinking of moving to a place where freedom still exists like NJ or Moscow.

    I don’t want to get in your business if you don’t want to. Just ignore if you choose.

    Are you in the arts or tech? I often wonder what’s your line.

    You are a punk and it may not have occurred to you. In your travels are you alert to those things you might export?

    Some quirky local fashion.... Idk, you’ll know it when you see it.

    PM me if you have an idea. Hopefully I have money after tomorrow’s bloodbath.

    Wish video wasn’t such a big deal to upload here. Something as simple as an exchange with a waitress or fast food cashier would be gold. Anything. You don’t have to be on camera.

    Ask locals “Who is Dan Druff?”

    Fun thread.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-05-2019 at 06:36 PM.

  18. #58
    Can't Post limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1170
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    11,482
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I appreciate the thread Tickle. It might surprise you to know they I find Russia more interesting than the Mets.

    I would be interested in pictures of everyday things. Consumer products. Toiletries, everyday stuff. A restaurant meal or menu. Fashion/clothes.

    I learned Cyrillic script and Russian in high school long ago. Did MI6 teach you or you have picked it up on your own?

    More more more.
    Mets are crushing it in the last few games... even if playoffs are gone.

    It might disappoint you to discover that everyday things are basically the exact same as in the west. Russia is really, really normal (just with political repression). I think you'd not be shocked or surprised at all.

    I studied Russian as a minor in university - improved drastically since I moved here and i'm now basically fluent.
    Hecka fine thread here Mr. Tickle. Loved the Mafia cemetary. You mentioned political persecution. How many "official" political parties are there in Russia? Any Snowden sightings? Is crime, other the organized variety much of an issue?

    Did your consider namimg this thread, Time to get on the Putin train?


  19. #59
    Mets 17-6 since All Star break. Hotter than Dodgers.

  20. #60
    m tickle, could you tell us how much more (in usd please) it is for the first class cabin with wi-fi & ICE COLD AC vs the 2nd and 3rd class?

    great thread
    Hi Lew!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Live Trip Report from Isla Mujeres
    By Tellafriend in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 05-08-2018, 04:30 AM
  2. Pending Trip Report(potentially live)
    By limitles in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-14-2017, 09:36 PM
  3. Life trip report
    By The_Lurker in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 03-12-2017, 03:45 PM
  4. little trip report
    By Baron Von Strucker in forum Poker Community Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 06:31 PM
  5. Trip report
    By splitthis in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-14-2015, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •