Thread: Grasshoppers invade Las Vegas.

Load Metric

Grasshoppers invade Las Vegas.

It’s the end of July in Las Vegas, but it looks like the End of Days as Sin City suffers under a massive cloud of swarming grasshoppers.

Photos and videos posted on social media show thousands of pallid-winged grasshoppers buzzing through the air in a flurry of wings and crunchy little bug bodies on the Vegas Strip. The grasshoppers are spoiling vacations, frightening locals and even disrupting weather radar in the region.

Load Metric
    damn that's crazy ,

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

This was studied, and they claim it was the city lights which drew the grasshoppers to Las Vegas: https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...w-why-2319264/

However, it isn't explained why they didn't come other years, when there's the same city lights. I think it was probably the combo of the unusually high amount of rain in the winter and spring in Las Vegas in 2019, and the city lights.

It's assumed that 45 million grasshoppers descended upon Las Vegas in the summer of 2019.

Load Metric
    I stayed at Bally’s the majority of that summer. It is the best bang for your buck Ceaser’s Property imho. Walk right across the bridge and you are at the Bellagio poker room. They have the old style balcony sliding door in the room. You can only open them 6 inches, but it allows you to get some fresh air into the room. At first the grasshoppers in my room bothered me, but after a few days I didn’t even kill them. There must of been like 10-15 visible in my room most of the time. Housekeeping must of been told to kill as many as possible because there would be a great amount less after I would have the room cleaned. There were just so many of them, if you were there for an extended period of time you just had to deal with living with them.

Thread Information