Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever try the "Slow Carb Diet"

Load Metric
    I am too lazy to find this again, but I pasted an article here from a Harvard Professor who tried for years to lose weight. He then went on a 7-11 diet, in that he only ate items he could verify the caloric count from 7-11. It was mostly prepackaged junk and he limited himself to 1500 calories a day. In 2 months he lost 25 Lbs and his cholesterol went down. As the prior posters have said, it's a math issue in losing weight. It does not matter what you eat, it is about counting calories. The reason Atkins works is you simply cannot gorge on protein after the first week, you simply get sick of it with nothing else.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post

I will take that wager ...
    The 10 fattest states:
    1. Mississippi (red state)
    2. West Virginia (red state)
    3. Alabama (red state)
    4. Louisiana (red state)
    5. South Carolina (red state)
    6. Tennessee (red state)
    7. Kentucky (red state)
    8. Oklahoma (red state)
    9. Arkansas (red state)
    10. Michigan (Purple state)

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesit..._and_territory

We'll say the bet was for $50, and you can go ahead and send it to the Nancy Pelosi re-election campaign.
    Redneck heavens, and massive amounts of......Minorities.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Wtf is the slow carb diet? Is it the same thing as keto or just similar but not as hardcore? Btw, lol at fatties and especially limitless and his drunk pretend "cycling" talking about losing weight.

For what it's worth, I've tried counting calories and that doesn't seem to work much. I'm no fatty by any means, some say I'm husky or big boned though. I've been keeping my daily caloric intake below 4,000 and that hasn't seemed to help much, if at all. But I did start doing keto about a year ago, I'd do it off and on. It was surprisingly easy to stay away from soda, bread, carbs, sugar, and all that shit. My main problem was just figuring out if food had sugar in it (Subway meats are loaded with sugar for some reason), since I literally cook at home like never. In that time, I've lost quite a bit of weight. I'm not sure how much since I don't own a scale but my parents do, so I'd say I lost between 5-15 pounds, maybe 20 pounds at the most.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    The 10 fattest states:
    1. Mississippi (red state)
    2. West Virginia (red state)
    3. Alabama (red state)
    4. Louisiana (red state)
    5. South Carolina (red state)
    6. Tennessee (red state)
    7. Kentucky (red state)
    8. Oklahoma (red state)
    9. Arkansas (red state)
    10. Michigan (Purple state)

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesit..._and_territory

We'll say the bet was for $50, and you can go ahead and send it to the Nancy Pelosi re-election campaign.
    Redneck heavens, and massive amounts of......Minorities.
    So how do minorities make up majorities?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    Wtf is the slow carb diet? Is it the same thing as keto or just similar but not as hardcore? Btw, lol at fatties and especially limitless and his drunk pretend "cycling" talking about losing weight.

For what it's worth, I've tried counting calories and that doesn't seem to work much. I'm no fatty by any means, some say I'm husky or big boned though. I've been keeping my daily caloric intake below 4,000 and that hasn't seemed to help much, if at all. But I did start doing keto about a year ago, I'd do it off and on. It was surprisingly easy to stay away from soda, bread, carbs, sugar, and all that shit. My main problem was just figuring out if food had sugar in it (Subway meats are loaded with sugar for some reason), since I literally cook at home like never. In that time, I've lost quite a bit of weight. I'm not sure how much since I don't own a scale but my parents do, so I'd say I lost between 5-15 pounds, maybe 20 pounds at the most.
    Since you asked, here is the nitty gritty:
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/slow-carb-diet

Comments

RS_: Thanks

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    It is 100% a math problem, any diet is just a fancy way of eating less calories.

Literally every significant research paper on the subject boils down to a math problem.

Now your metabolism changes as you get older and the number of calories you burn changes based on your percentage of body fat, heart rate, etc. 2000 calories is literally a terrible way to measure. There are some sites with calculators for height, weight and gender to give you a baseline metabolic rate but you should use that and adjust accordingly based on results.

Losing weight by itself isn’t a great solution because you will also lose a ton of muscle mass if you just cut to say 1400-1500 calories a day.

The reason why people are happy with Keto or other low carb diets is it inherently cuts calories because carbs are calorie rich. When you focus on protein and fats you feel fuller and give your body the building blocks to build or maintain muscle.

So the absolute truths are this:

Losing weight is a math problem, eat less calories than you burn, you will lose weight.

Eating less calories than you burn could still have negative consequences because it’s easy to lose a lot of muscle in the process.

If you want to lose weight but actually feel better you should focus on a diet of lean protein and vegetables and add basic strength training.

You should really focus on losing about 1-1.5lbs a week. It’s a grind and lifestyle, there are no quicks wins over the long run.

You should be drinking an epic shit ton of water, like you 100% aren’t drinking enough. When I am really doing well I am drinking over a gallon a day. Almost everyone is walking around dehydrated and that is bad for your joints, your muscles, your energy, your sleep, etc etc.

Source:

A guy who is 6’1” and was all the way up to 261lbs and was sick of feeling sick, so he read every paper on the matter and read about every diet possible.

Today 14 months later 221, and continuing to work my way down to hopefully sub 200.

At least some of PFA has a brain, the fatties just like excuses which is why they are fat lol

Load Metric
    I also have a big boned stomach. Plus factor in my 10 lbs penis

Comments

Gookieheimowitz: Huge Weiner rep

Load Metric
    Another week in and lost another 2 lbs. Yesterday, was my cheat day and I really cheated. I ate pasta, sushi, Pizza, drank Beer, ate breakfast pastries. I totally chowed. Today, back to the diet to undue the damage I did yesterday. Already hit the gym, now I'm off for a run.

Comments

sah_24: Good work, burn em

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Another week in and lost another 2 lbs. Yesterday, was my cheat day and I really cheated. I ate pasta, sushi, Pizza, drank Beer, ate breakfast pastries. I totally chowed. Today, back to the diet to undue the damage I did yesterday. Already hit the gym, now I'm off for a run.

Keep up the good work. I don't have cheat days with the exception of a bowl of Oatmeal once a week. I have dropped 19 lbs in 6 weeks and I don't exercise .

Load Metric
    You won't lose any weight this week after that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykilla View Post
    You won't lose any weight this week after that.

Actually,I will. I have done the same each week for 1 cheat day, as prescribed in the diet. The idea is you want to keep your body from getting too comfortable from the diet and have your metabolism slow down. The author actually takes his cheat days and eats way more than me on mine. I am way ahead of schedule on my weight loss plan. Only 7.5 lbs to go. I have gained additional muscle and toning.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post

Keep up the good work. I don't have cheat days with the exception of a bowl of Oatmeal once a week. I have dropped 19 lbs in 6 weeks and I don't exercise .
    3 lbs a week with no exercise is impressive. How is your energy and mental focus?

Honestly, I probably couldn't do a diet without the weekly cheat day.

Load Metric
    How is a bowl if oatmeal considered kinda cheating? Just plain oatmeal is sub 30g carb. If your body is having that much trouble with that little amount of carbs you have done some serious damage to your body before your diet. Idk maybe I'm just a fgt.

Load Metric

3 lbs a week with no exercise is impressive. How is your energy and mental focus?

Honestly, I probably couldn't do a diet without the weekly cheat day.

All seems to be well. My ideal weight is 170 so i was 34lbs over weight . I do walk occasionally so no exercise is not 100% correct .

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    How is a bowl if oatmeal considered kinda cheating? Just plain oatmeal is sub 30g carb. If your body is having that much trouble with that little amount of carbs you have done some serious damage to your body before your diet. Idk maybe I'm just a fgt.

I load it up with butter , sugar , and cinnamon . That's why I consider it cheating . I consume only sugar substitute on all other days and that's only in coffee or tea one time in the morning. I don't miss bread at all. I thought I would but I don't . Just pure protein is basically what I am consuming . People get bored with Keto but I actually have found it simple.

Being a Jew. Bagels with a smear where my disgusting habit . Carbs just are not my friend .

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

I load it up with butter , sugar , and cinnamon . That's why I consider it cheating . I consume only sugar substitute on all other days and that's only in coffee or tea one time in the morning. I don't miss bread at all. I thought I would but I don't . Just pure protein is basically what I am consuming . People get bored with Keto but I actually have found it simple.

Being a Jew. Bagels with a smear where my disgusting habit . Carbs just are not my friend .
    That makes sense. I've never done keto or anything I was just wondering.

Load Metric
    Just pure protein is basically what I am consuming . People get bored with Keto but I actually have found it simple.
    A pure protein diet is pretty far from what keto is supposed to be. You're supposed to be getting more calories from fat than from protein.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Just pure protein is basically what I am consuming . People get bored with Keto but I actually have found it simple.
    A pure protein diet is pretty far from what keto is supposed to be. You're supposed to be getting more calories from fat than from protein.

Yeah I probably said that wrong. Here is a typical day for me

Breakfast I have 5 slices of thick cut bacon.

Lunch is usually a couple slices of cheese with some turkey

Dinner example Tonight I had two thick pork chops and a California Mixed vegetable .

I also mix in some salads with red wine vinegar .

Omelets loaded with Veggies and meats .

As I said before the biggest thing for me was cutting out Sugar and Bread

Greek yogurt also as a snack .

Comments

Crowe Diddly:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Dinner example Tonight I had two thick pork chops and a California Mixed vegetable .

Why don't you try some head cheese? Idiot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Why don't you try some head cheese? Idiot
    Why don't you get a hobby instead of following me around from thread to thread attempting to do whatever it is you think you are doing to me. You are just wasting your time attempting to get me to engage in a full blown war.

Thread Information