Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone ever try the "Slow Carb Diet"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post

Yeah I probably said that wrong. Here is a typical day for me

Breakfast I have 5 slices of thick cut bacon.

Lunch is usually a couple slices of cheese with some turkey

Dinner example Tonight I had two thick pork chops and a California Mixed vegetable .

I also mix in some salads with red wine vinegar .

Omelets loaded with Veggies and meats .

As I said before the biggest thing for me was cutting out Sugar and Bread

Greek yogurt also as a snack .
    Why don't you try some head cheese? Idiot
    My Grandma used to make the most divine head cheese. It is actually good for you after you remove the top layer of hardened fat.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I’ve lost 56lbs by cutting down drastically on carbs and starchy food without adding any exercise.
    My a1c has gone from 69 to 41.

Not an expert on this topic but anyone carrying some extra pounds this seems worth trying.

Also anyone watched “FAT: A Documentary” yet?

Load Metric
    So, 5 weeks or so into this diet and 18.5 lbs shed off my frame. Added the supplements recommended by the diet and they seem to be helping. When i told my wife of the weight loss she said "Really, that much?" And I replied, "Last night when I was on top, it didn't feel any lighter?" She said, "Well, when you put it that way, yeah you are lighter."

Another interesting benefit of the diet has been my poop has been returned to normal. Last year I used these Isogenic shakes that really messed up my insides and turning every Deuce dropping into a fearful experience. This diet seems to have done the trick in fixing the damage. Now, it is normal and I can pretty much set my watch by it. TMI?

I also have much more endurance during runs, workouts and of course sex. Realistic Goal: Sub 2:05 Half Marathon. Ultimate Goal Sub 2:00 Half Marathon. Yes, I know these are not Elite times. But for a regular soon to be 53 year old dude, who has only run 3 half Marathons in his life, it ain't half bad.

Load Metric
    Update.....6.5 Weeks in 23 lbs and several inches off my waist. Diet is more tolerable and I follow it without thinking too much. People who haven't seen me in a while are commenting about the weight loss. 2 more lbs and I'm going to have to navigate some maintenance mode. Don't want to lose too much weight.

Load Metric
    Update: A little over 3 months in....24.5 lbs off. Significant inches gone. More definition in mid-section. Last night I was drinking Hand Grenades. This morning I woke up and worked out for 30 minutes in the Gym and then proceeded to run an easy 8 miles. Can really feel the difference in weight on runs of this length. I feel healthy and really don't miss the foods I can't eat any more (because of my cheat days) The last 3 weekends I have been away from home (Bahamas, NC and Aruba), and despite adding more cheat days I still was able to lose all of the "put back weight" by Wednesday of the following week. I guess the diet works.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Update: A little over 3 months in....24.5 lbs off. Significant inches gone. More definition in mid-section. Last night I was drinking Hand Grenades. This morning I woke up and worked out for 30 minutes in the Gym and then proceeded to run an easy 8 miles. Can really feel the difference in weight on runs of this length. I feel healthy and really don't miss the foods I can't eat any more (because of my cheat days) The last 3 weekends I have been away from home (Bahamas, NC and Aruba), and despite adding more cheat days I still was able to lose all of the "put back weight" by Wednesday of the following week. I guess the diet works.
    Not to be a Debbie downer, but you’ve only lost 1.5 pounds total in the last 5 weeks? I wouldn’t be proclaiming the wonders of the diet with those results
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Not to be a Debbie downer, but you’ve only lost 1.5 pounds total in the last 5 weeks? I wouldn’t be proclaiming the wonders of the diet with those results

Actually, I disagree. I have been traveling a lot lately and didn't stick totally to the diet. I added multiple cheat days each week and still maintained wait and lost another 1.5 lbs. I call that a success. Plus, i feel really healthy and light on my feet.

Load Metric
    Update....So It has been approximately 4 months since I started this thing. The results are clear, and even my wife admits she was wrong about this thing (getting her to admit she is wrong is a big deal, usually she just says..”I changed my mind”).

Net weight loss: 23.5 lbs. Yes, I know I weigh a pound more than last update. I am pretty much in maintenance phase right now. I have added some extra cheat days and meals here and there, which limits how much extra weight I can lose. My digestive system (which was fucked up from those Isogenics shakes I took a 1.5 years ago seems to be fixed by this diet. Taking dumps is no longer a scary adventure. This past month I was able to run 3 races (2 Half marathons and 1 10k race). I set PRs in the last 2 races. Being lighter definitely helps when racing. And, I finished the last 2 races really strong, running my fastest pace for the last 2 miles. I feel more energized and mentally capable, even as 53 is fast approaching. Most of my friends can’t believe I was able to stick with the diet and achieve the results I have. As I get older, I might decide to lose another 5 lbs or so.

With the Holidays fast approaching, I can stray a bit and still pick up the diet and lose what I gain in the week or so after.

I really don’t miss the food that is not on the diet. Plus, I still get to eat pasta and drink beer once a week. On non-cheat days I usually have a Rye to wind down from the day. I particularly like the offerings from High West.

For exercise, I usually run 3 times a week and work out 2-3 times per week. This has kept me mentally and physically strong as well. All in all, this seems to have worked for me.

Thread Information