Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever try the "Slow Carb Diet"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post

Age has nothing to do with it, you just got lazier ... stop lying to yourself is the first step

Losing weight is a math problem, thats it
    Losing weight is not a math problem. It's a glucose and insulin problem. Also your metabolism does slow as you get older.
    It is 100% a math problem, yes people might burn calories at different rates due to metabolism differences, but gaining and losing weight is 100% a math problem

If you consume more calories than you burn, you will 100% gain weight

If you consume less calories than you burn, you will 100% lose weight

You fatties love trying to blame anything but yourselves lol

Load Metric
    Eat 2000 calories per day of sugar/carbs

Eat 2000 calories per day of lean protein

Your results will be different

Comments

sah_24: Not if you burn the same amount ... you are a very stupid person

gimmick: counter...if grandma had balls

tony bagadonuts: Ignorant dipshit offset

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

Losing weight is not a math problem. It's a glucose and insulin problem. Also your metabolism does slow as you get older.
    It is 100% a math problem, yes people might burn calories at different rates due to metabolism differences, but gaining and losing weight is 100% a math problem

Holy shit you are dumb. Can't even hold it in anymore. You are much dumber than I thought.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Actually, age has a lot to do with it. As we age, it becomes harder to recover from exercise effort. And, the beer sticks with you more as you age. That being said, I can smoke people half my age in a foot race.
    No age doesn't have anything to do with it, I know plenty of old people who are not land whales bc they consume less calories than they burn. You can continue making excuses though and stay fat lol, it's pretty standard of fat people to blame anything but themselves

Learn math

Everything else aside, why don't you tell all of those people who were diabetic before we were even able to synthesize insulin that they should just have "eaten better". We know you are the furthest thing from a doctor, but at least brush up on some history.

Comments

sah_24: You are incredibly stupid, like most fatties

gimmick:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Holy shit you are dumb. Can't even hold it in anymore. You are much dumber than I thought.
    Lol, oh the irony. Another fat person

Load Metric

This is spot on. When I was in my 20's, I could eat anything I wanted, drink whatever i wanted and as much as I wanted and I was in super shape. Hell, I used to brew my own beer back in the day. But, as you get older, it catches up with you. The food and drink stay with you. It's much harder to shed excess weight.
    Age has nothing to do with it, you just got lazier ... stop lying to yourself is the first step

Age has nothing to do with it? Really? Yes it can be part math problem. But, what about science? You know Biology, Chemistry, etc.? I guess you never took any of those courses and stuck with math and shop.

Age is one of the most important factor of changes in energy metabolism. The basal metabolic rate decreases almost linearly with age. Skeletal musculature is a fundamental organ that consumes the largest part of energy in the normal human body. The total volume of skeletal muscle can be estimated by 24-hours creatinine excretion. The volume of skeletal musculature decreases and the percentage of fat tissue increases with age. It is shown that the decrease in muscle mass relative to total body may be wholly responsible for the age-related decreases in basal metabolic rate. Energy consumption by physical activity also decreases with atrophic changes of skeletal muscle. Thus, energy requirement in the elderly decreases. With decrease of energy intake, intake of essential nutrients also decreases. If energy intake, on the other hand, exceeds individual energy needs, fat accumulates in the body. Body fat tends to accumulate in the abdomen in the elderly. Fat tissue in the abdominal cavity is connected directly with the liver through portal vein. Accumulation of abdominal fat causes disturbance in glucose and lipid metabolism. It is shown that glucose tolerance decreases with age. Although age contributes independently to the deterioration in glucose tolerance, the decrease in glucose tolerance may be partly prevented through changes of life-style variables, energy metabolism is essential for the physiological functions. It may also be possible to delay the aging process of various physiological functions by change of dietary habits, stopping smoking, and physical activity.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8361073

Life is more than a math problem. So is poker.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Age has nothing to do with it? Really? Yes it can be part math problem. But, what about science? You know Biology, Chemistry, etc.? I guess you never took any of those courses and stuck with math and shop.

Age is one of the most important factor of changes in energy metabolism. The basal metabolic rate decreases almost linearly with age. Skeletal musculature is a fundamental organ that consumes the largest part of energy in the normal human body. The total volume of skeletal muscle can be estimated by 24-hours creatinine excretion. The volume of skeletal musculature decreases and the percentage of fat tissue increases with age. It is shown that the decrease in muscle mass relative to total body may be wholly responsible for the age-related decreases in basal metabolic rate. Energy consumption by physical activity also decreases with atrophic changes of skeletal muscle. Thus, energy requirement in the elderly decreases. With decrease of energy intake, intake of essential nutrients also decreases. If energy intake, on the other hand, exceeds individual energy needs, fat accumulates in the body. Body fat tends to accumulate in the abdomen in the elderly. Fat tissue in the abdominal cavity is connected directly with the liver through portal vein. Accumulation of abdominal fat causes disturbance in glucose and lipid metabolism. It is shown that glucose tolerance decreases with age. Although age contributes independently to the deterioration in glucose tolerance, the decrease in glucose tolerance may be partly prevented through changes of life-style variables, energy metabolism is essential for the physiological functions. It may also be possible to delay the aging process of various physiological functions by change of dietary habits, stopping smoking, and physical activity.

None of that changes that it is a math problem, yes your metabolism will change and burn calories at different rates. Doesn't change the fact if you consume more calories than you burn, then you turn out like you.

Fat people love blaming anything but their own lazy asses ... peak hilarity

Load Metric

None of that changes that it is a math problem, yes your metabolism will change and burn calories at different rates. Doesn't change the fact if you consume more calories than you burn, then you turn out like you.

Well, Mr. Math Troll, I never blamed anyone or anything for my excess weight and I never sued McDonalds for making me fat. I could have avoided the need to diet if I was able to shut my pie hole. I take full responsibility for it. In other words, I'm NOT a Liberal.

Load Metric

Well, Mr. Math Troll, I never blamed anyone or anything for my excess weight and I never sued McDonalds for making me fat. I could have avoided the need to diet if I was able to shut my pie hole. I take full responsibility for it. In other words, I'm NOT a Liberal.
    Well yeah, most fatties are conservatives

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

Well then explain this:

Name:  gettyimages-543170114-612x612.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  37.2 KB

Name:  800px-Michael_Moore_66čme_Festival_de_Venise_(Mostra)_9.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  198.2 KB

Name:  800px-Rosie_O'Donnell_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  105.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I will take that wager ...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Well then, eat less and exercise more ... then you will be less fat

Load Metric
    The 10 fattest states:
    1. Mississippi (red state)
    2. West Virginia (red state)
    3. Alabama (red state)
    4. Louisiana (red state)
    5. South Carolina (red state)
    6. Tennessee (red state)
    7. Kentucky (red state)
    8. Oklahoma (red state)
    9. Arkansas (red state)
    10. Michigan (Purple state)

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesit..._and_territory

We'll say the bet was for $50, and you can go ahead and send it to the Nancy Pelosi re-election campaign.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The 10 fattest states:
    3. Alabama (red state)
    4. Louisiana (red state)
    6. Tennessee (red state)
    7. Kentucky (red state)
    8. Oklahoma (red state)
    9. Arkansas (red state)

We'll say the bet was for $50, and you can go ahead and send it to the Nancy Pelosi re-election campaign.
    Wikipedia lol ... I could literally go change all that info right now. You are a very stupid person like Les

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The 10 fattest states:
    3. Alabama (red state)
    4. Louisiana (red state)
    6. Tennessee (red state)
    7. Kentucky (red state)
    8. Oklahoma (red state)
    9. Arkansas (red state)

Wikipedia lol ... I could literally go change all that info right now. You are a very stupid person like Les
    I'm at this point leaning to the notion that you are an ongoing troll account because of you're obv trolling ignorance and stupidity. Whomever has this account, well played...well played.

Comments

sah_24: you seem to get dumber by the day

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

I'm at this point leaning to the notion that you are an ongoing troll account because of you're obv trolling ignorance and stupidity. Whomever has this account, well played...well played.
    Yeah, I'm with Gordman here. There's no way you're actually that stupid.

Load Metric
    The diet works tremendously. The only problem is when you quit. If you don't stay on the diet or start exercising, you will put the weight on as quickly as you lost it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykilla View Post
    The diet works tremendously. The only problem is when you quit. If you don't stay on the diet or start exercising, you will put the weight on as quickly as you lost it.

Isn't that the same with every diet?

Load Metric
    Up to the mid 1970s, before the onset of fast food, rampant junk food, shitty restaurants, drive thru everything, you would be hard pressed to find an obese person. Now we are hard pressed to find a thin person. It's not rocket science. You have to leave ALL of that shit alone or get fat, sick, ride the medical merry go round, and die. Simple.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    It is 100% a math problem, any diet is just a fancy way of eating less calories.

Literally every significant research paper on the subject boils down to a math problem.

Now your metabolism changes as you get older and the number of calories you burn changes based on your percentage of body fat, heart rate, etc. 2000 calories is literally a terrible way to measure. There are some sites with calculators for height, weight and gender to give you a baseline metabolic rate but you should use that and adjust accordingly based on results.

Losing weight by itself isn’t a great solution because you will also lose a ton of muscle mass if you just cut to say 1400-1500 calories a day.

The reason why people are happy with Keto or other low carb diets is it inherently cuts calories because carbs are calorie rich. When you focus on protein and fats you feel fuller and give your body the building blocks to build or maintain muscle.

So the absolute truths are this:

Losing weight is a math problem, eat less calories than you burn, you will lose weight.

Eating less calories than you burn could still have negative consequences because it’s easy to lose a lot of muscle in the process.

If you want to lose weight but actually feel better you should focus on a diet of lean protein and vegetables and add basic strength training.

You should really focus on losing about 1-1.5lbs a week. It’s a grind and lifestyle, there are no quicks wins over the long run.

You should be drinking an epic shit ton of water, like you 100% aren’t drinking enough. When I am really doing well I am drinking over a gallon a day. Almost everyone is walking around dehydrated and that is bad for your joints, your muscles, your energy, your sleep, etc etc.

Source:

A guy who is 6’1” and was all the way up to 261lbs and was sick of feeling sick, so he read every paper on the matter and read about every diet possible.

Today 14 months later 221, and continuing to work my way down to hopefully sub 200.

Comments

sah_24: Correct and wp sir, good to know some of PFA isn't a retarded land whale lol

Thread Information