Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting at festival in Gilroy, CA

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Shooting at festival in Gilroy, CA

Reports have just come out of a seemingly random shooter at the Gilroy Garlic Festival, in Gilroy, CA.

They haven't apprehended the shooter yet.

Gilroy is south of San Francisco, and is best known for being a small town where so much garlic is grown that its powerful smell overwhelmes you as soon as you drive into the area.

Security was reportedly poor there, where they were checking some bags, but not others.

Load Metric
    Promise me that garlic festival shootings will always be thread worthy. No matter how many there are in the coming years.

I don’t have Facebook and your site provides a necessary public service

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you.

I’m going to need an update on the hip hop trend too. How’s that going?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Reports have just come out of a seemingly random shooter at the Gilroy Garlic Festival, in Gilroy, CA.

Gilroy is south of San Francisco, and is best known for being a small town where so much garlic is grown that its powerful smell overwhelmes you as soon as you drive into the area.

Security was reportedly poor there, where they were checking some bags, but not others.
    Probably some sick Canadian run amok..... not even news

who care's if you kid was gunned down NRA rules

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Now the story has changed somewhat.

Police are saying security was "heavy" (it was?? at a garlic festival??), but that the perpetrator(s) cut through a wire fence to get in.

Four are confirmed dead so far, including a 6-year-old boy, and also including a gunman.

There may or may not be a second shooter or an accomplice who is still at large.

The motive is unknown, though someone claimed they heard the shooter say "Because I'm very angry" when asked why he was doing it.

Police clam they shot the gunman dead "within a minute" of him opening fire, which would strongly imply there were police stationed on the scene before it happened.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Probably some sick Canadian run amok..... not even news

who care's if you kid was gunned down NRA rules
    man thats some wild posting.

check this out tho:

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

FFS! Does every goddamn public event in the US now need to have Palestinian checkpoint security measures to keep the lunatics with guns in this country from spoiling the party?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    How the F can you win w/ a guy like this?
    Its in the vicinity of SF, so he has to "objectively" rip on it,

1st 'security was weak', .......................(I'm not an expert on festival security, like druff is, but I read they responded w/in a minute.)

Then when he had to correct himself and security was actually strong,....'was it really? why would it be for a garlic festival?'

2 posts and duff proves himself a 100% hypocrite (like our very own Fox "news" host)
    that doesn't have a non biased bone in his body.

Its like a 2 hour drive from the city
    doesn't smell that bad
    but it is one of the most famous/oldest/biggest festivals in the Bay Area for sure.

Police are saying security was "heavy" (it was?? at a garlic festival??), but that the perpetrator(s) cut through a wire fence to get in.

Comments

sah_24: god you are awful, like your hero was at qb

gimmick:

dwai: shut up n-word lover
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Mass shootings are the price we pay for the 2nd Amendment. Nobody in this country, including myself, is gonna give up their guns. Pretty much anyone can get one, legally or illegally. Americans are just going to have to accept the risk, because Washington is not going to ever do anything about it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Mass shootings are the price we pay for the 2nd Amendment. Nobody in this country, including myself, is gonna give up their guns. Pretty much anyone can get one, legally or illegally. Americans are just going to have to accept the risk, because Washington is not going to ever do anything about it.
    We had a mass shooting, 30+ years ago.
    Within a week the government changed gun ownership laws. Kinda like what NZ did recently.

I gave up a very nice Sako .308W, Winchester 30/30 lever with side angle eject, super accurate .22 Anschutz bolt action pinger too.
    Wasn't real happy at the time, got shit money in the buyback, while it was rorted by other people.

Wouldn't yet call it proof.
    Miss my guns but don't really need one, shooting is fun... and manly.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Shooting a gun increases testosterone... State law!

sah_24: and violent crime has doubled since then lol ...

Load Metric

The real travesty here is that they were charging at least $55 a person to go to a fucking garlic festival.

Who the fuck eats garlic ice cream?

Load Metric
    They were expecting about 100,000 for this garlic festival.

$55 x 100,000 = $5.5 million just from admission.
    Say about half the people pay with cash.
    Over $2 million in cash.

This is what they are really worried about.
    They don't want to get robbed, like they robbed a state fair in the movie Parker.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Ya it's too bad they don't just wave their magic wand and make all the firearms disappear. How dare they not wave it!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    They were expecting about 100,000 for this garlic festival.

$55 x 100,000 = $5.5 million just from admission.
    Say about half the people pay with cash.
    Over $2 million in cash.

This is what they are really worried about.
    They don't want to get robbed, like they robbed a state fair in the movie Parker.

You, sir, are too inured into the degen poker lifestyle with this high of an estimate of cash-paying attendees to this non-poker related event. Hell! Most people now routinely use a credit or debit card to buy snacks or soda at a convenience store. And portable card readers that work off of a Wi-Fi hotspot or LTE cell service are pretty cheap to rent. I doubt more that more than 5% of the attendees paid that entrance fee with cash. And the bendors almost certainly would have been smart to avail themselves with credit card reader devices that work with a smartphone in order to avoid dealing with a lot of cash.

Which makes me wonder: Does Krypt pay his “girlfriends” with cash or electronic/digital money?

Comments

dwai: shut up faggot
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    This ^

I would never claim PFA is a mirror of American society.

Nevertheless, remember your first school shooting thread? Trying to digest and sort out it’s meaning? Today, occasionally someone will post the latest. We have since assimilated these occurrences into our culture.

It’s unfortunate this garlic shooting occurred. It just isn’t important or interesting at this point to anyone but Druff cause it’s backyard.

The garlic angle gives it some juice. I’m going to dinner tonight with another couple. We aren’t that close so the ice will no doubt be broken with current events and weather. I’ll take the under garlic gets mentioned by anyone other than the waitress.

I don’t even think anyone has the energy at this point to talk gun control. Not over this.

Adapt and move on.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Admission to the Garlic Festival was so expensive because prices of everything are inflated in Silicon Valley, and Gilroy is considered an offshoot of that area. You can get to Mountain View from Gilroy in 45 minutes without traffic.

If it were just a local Gilroy thing, the price would have been far less.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The 19-year-old shooter, who appears now not to have had an accomplice, might have committed these murders because he felt Gilroy was expanding and bulldozing nature in order to make room for a bigger population comprised of both Mexicans and Silicon-Valley-working white people.

His name was Santino William Legan.

He saw the Garlic Festival as "overpriced shit".

He appeared to be a white supremacist, but a different brand of one which also hates Christianity.

On his Instagram, he made two very telling posts, hours before he committed the murders, which were clearly planned in advance.

One of them read, "Ayyy garlic festival time Come get wasted on overpriced shit."

The other one had a picture of Smokey The Bear with a sign saying "Fire Danger Today" (obviously in reference to the upcoming shooting), with the caption, "Read Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard. Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white twats?"

Might is Right is a white supremacist, anti-Christian manifesto.

Mestizos is a word for people who were half white, half American Indian, or sometimes also used to refer to half white and half Hispanic. Many ancestors or today's Mexicans were at one point considered mestizos, and Gilroy has about a 58% Hispanic population.

The shooter grew up in Gilroy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    This ^

Nevertheless, remember your first school shooting thread? Trying to digest and sort out it’s meaning? Today, occasionally someone will post the latest. We have since assimilated these occurrences into our culture.

It’s unfortunate this garlic shooting occurred. It just isn’t important or interesting at this point to anyone but Druff cause it’s backyard.

The garlic angle gives it some juice. I’m going to dinner tonight with another couple. We aren’t that close so the ice will no doubt be broken with current events and weather. I’ll take the under garlic gets mentioned by anyone other than the waitress.

I don’t even think anyone has the energy at this point to talk gun control. Not over this.

Adapt and move on.
    20 kids ages 6-7 were killed at sandy hook. it's literally ever parent's worst nightmare. that massacre didn't even start a meaningful gun control debate, much less actual gun reform.

if what happened at sandy hook didn't change anything, we won't see any changes for at least the next 50 years

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

This ^

Adapt and move on.
    20 kids ages 6-7 were killed at sandy hook. it's literally ever parent's worst nightmare. that massacre didn't even start a meaningful gun control debate, much less actual gun reform.

if what happened at sandy hook didn't change anything, we won't see any changes for at least the next 50 years
    The problem is that the right is extremely apprehensive about agreeing to moderate on things like this, because the left has engaged in "give us a finger and we'll take the whole hand" tactics in recent years.

Look at abortion.

It started out as the left wanting it to be "safe, legal, and rare", and it was pushed as an early-term solution to pregnancies where the parents clearly weren't ready or financially equipped to raise a child. This caused a lot of controversy, of course, but when the dust settled, most Americans were behind it.

However, look at what we're seeing today. The left is now advocating super late term abortion, all the way up until the day of birth (and sometimes even AFTER the baby is born alive), even if the mother's life is not in danger.

Imagine if such a thing were proposed in the Roe v. Wade days of the 1970s. Legalized abortion would never have gotten off the ground.

I saw an interesting conversation on Facebook between two liberal Democrats, one of whom was a staunch Bernie/Warren supporter, and one of whom was a Biden supporter. The Biden supporter stated, "Change doesn't happen overnight. It's a slow process. People like Warren and Bernie want to make change happen too quickly, which turns off most of America. If we want to see our progressive ideas become reality, we need to elect more moderate guys like Biden, and then slowly ease the public into what we really want to accomplish."

While this was just the opinion of one regular dude on Facebook, it really does echo what a lot of the smarter and more practical leftists want. They aren't moderate and don't want compromise. They want to start with small changes and then slowly ease to public into accepting their more radical ideas as normal.

Look at what the transgender thing has become. We went from, "Let's treat trans people with respect and not discriminate against them" to 2020 Democratic Presidential candidates listing their preferred pronouns, and many on the left now considering "misgendering" to be equivalent to "hate speech" which should be punished by law.

I would actually be willing to support some common-sense gun reform, but not if it's going to be the first stepping stone to full gun control. I'd rather we keep the status quo than ever get close to that point.

Comments

Jayjami: The slippery slope argument. God Druff, sometimes you can be such a moron.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

The problem is that the right is extremely apprehensive about agreeing to moderate on things like this, because the left has engaged in "give us a finger and we'll take the whole hand" tactics in recent years.
    This is an utterly ridiculous reason. The GOP won’t even back gun ownership exceptions for the mentally ill, or federal background chrcks for gun show sales. And the reason they would do it is because of the gobs of campaign support, both directly and otherwise,that the NRA on GOP Congressmembers.

Why the NRA is so powerful on Capitol Hill, by the numbers
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/02/23/pol...out/index.html

Comments

Jayjami: This x 100

dwai: shut up faggot
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 07-31-2019 at 02:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

This is an utterly ridiculous reason. The GOP won’t even back gun ownership exceptions foe the mentally, or federal background chrcks for gun show sales. And the reason they would do it is because of the gobs of campaign support, both directly and otherwise,that the NRA on GOP Congressmembers.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/02/23/pol...out/index.html
    There are 2nd Amendment fanatics within the GOP who will not back any sort of gun reform for any reason.

I'm telling you that I'm not one of them, and many other Republicans are not in that camp.

However, many of us are resistant to any kind of gun reform agreement because it will be the first step in a long process to take the guns out of our hands.

You might laugh and say that's ridiculous, but I laughed at the Christian right 10 years ago when they claimed the left wanted to eventually legalize abortion-for-any-reason all the way until birth. Now I feel foolish for doubting them.

Thread Information