Thread: Serious Shit Thread.. PCP is sending to me dermtologist asap..

Load Metric

Serious Shit Thread.. PCP is sending to me dermtologist asap..

I know people are always reminded of the C$ fiasco and well while his was fake at the moment I don't know what to think.. I asked her about a referral as there is a significant history of melanoma in my family on my dads side and skin CA in general.. My Dads was caught early enough (he was 47 which Im within 18months of being), his aunt and uncle both died from it.. The referral I had requested due to a mole that is small raised and two toned on my chest and to me seems questionable.. Well that was fine until I asked her to look at 3 different spots on my right lower leg.. All there are suspicious at best and one honestly looks very questionable as all three are dark irregular shaped and borders.. I already have a major risk due to family history but I also got a severe 2nd degree sunburn as a teen on those general areas (just my legs got torched not the rest of me likely from all the time being in a boat fishing and the sun reflecting back off the boat).. Just in case anybody thinks Im being melodramatic Im attaching pics I took of the sites.. Tried shrinking them to clear up the two that are blurry with no such luck.

Name:  IMG_0435.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  676.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0436.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  208.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_0437.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  268.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0438.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  518.4 KB

Comments

MumblesBadly: Hoping for the best, sir.

Baron Von Strucker: RIP

Gordman: Heres to hoping it turns out to be nothing in the long run

Muck Ficon: Wish you the best!

Load Metric
    Wish you well. Did you spend your life in the sun? That is not the skin of a 46 year old.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    I know people are always reminded of the C$ fiasco and well while his was fake at the moment I don't know what to think.. I asked her about a referral as there is a significant history of melanoma in my family on my dads side and skin CA in general.. My Dads was caught early enough (he was 47 which Im within 18months of being), his aunt and uncle both died from it.. The referral I had requested due to a mole that is small raised and two toned on my chest and to me seems questionable.. Well that was fine until I asked her to look at 3 different spots on my right lower leg.. All there are suspicious at best and one honestly looks very questionable as all three are dark irregular shaped and borders.. I already have a major risk due to family history but I also got a severe 2nd degree sunburn as a teen on those general areas (just my legs got torched not the rest of me likely from all the time being in a boat fishing and the sun reflecting back off the boat).. Just in case anybody thinks Im being melodramatic Im attaching pics I took of the sites.. Tried shrinking them to clear up the two that are blurry with no such luck.

1) WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU POSTING THAT ON HERE?

Load Metric
    Sadly I am dealing with the same issue . Went to VA on the 18th of July. Regular physical. Had my doc look at a growth that has grown at an alarming rate since my last physical. Instantly she said it's cancer and it's not good. She suggested surgery that day but I put it off till the following morning.

Go on the 29th to have stitches removed . There was internal and external stitches . They did many other tests and am waiting on pathologist results . Not to worried as it is what it is .

Name:  IMG_20190718_123658~2.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  735.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20190719_161905~2.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  490.8 KB

Skin cancer sucks and is ugly . I'll be 50 in three weeks .
    Good Luck
    Gookie

Comments

duped_samaritan: eww
    Last edited by Gookieheimowitz; 07-27-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Wish you well. Did you spend your life in the sun? That is not the skin of a 46 year old.
    Actually I’ve always tried to be careful of that. Truth is besides genetics there has been a link to exposure to toxins in fire scenes that 20-25yrs age wasn’t all that well known or considered as it is now. The bunker gear might protect ya from fire but still exposure to nasty environmental toxins which could get embedded in the gear which is why now NFPA has all but mandated spare fire gear for all FFs and such and that gear exposed to fire conditions be washed per protocol to get the crap off and out of the gear. Used to be stuff was made from real wood and cotton fabrics now all these synthetic shit puts off nasty crap also burns hotter and faster then 30-40yrs ago.

Honestly the dry air here in AZ hasn’t done my skin any favors either with as dry as it is.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    Sadly I am dealing with the same issue . Went to VA on the 18th of July. Regular physical. Had my doc look at a growth that has grown at an alarming rate since my last physical. Instantly she said it's cancer and it's not good. She suggested surgery that day but I put it off till the following morning.

Go on the 29th to have stitches removed . There was internal and external stitches . They did many other tests and am waiting on pathologist results . Not to worried as it is what it is .

Name:  IMG_20190718_123658~2.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  735.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20190719_161905~2.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  490.8 KB

Skin cancer sucks and is ugly . I'll be 50 in three weeks .
    Good Luck
    Gookie
    How fast did that thing grow?

Load Metric
    It was fast. There was a small bump there and it grew quickly . Six months .

Comments

Tellafriend: Thoughts and prayers

Load Metric
    So you are not updating your fake horseracing thread anytime soon, correct?

Comments

Muck Ficon: Tell us more about how much money you have..

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    So you are not updating your fake horseracing thread anytime soon, correct?
    Name:  jeHSpb.gif
Views: 401
Size:  934.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

1) WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU POSTING THAT ON HERE?

Gotsa agree..........why?

I thought you were a nurse?

Also for all you pussies out there, I would welcome such a forecast in minute
    Last edited by limitles; 07-27-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Name:  IMG_0435.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  676.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0436.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  208.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_0437.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  268.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0438.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  518.4 KB

Elaborate if you can because im not very knowledgeable on this topic. Are we talking about just the darker spot that looks like a birthmark or are we talking about that as well as the scattered lighter darker spots?

Load Metric
    You'll be fine.

Load Metric
    Druff really needs some mods for when BW has to take over the site at a loss

He will be far too young for this aging population of 8th tier poker site posters.

Load Metric
    Oh and in before this is all fake.

Thanks c$ for proving cancer is fake and only for the weak

Comments

Tellafriend: haha -- good one

Load Metric
    I assure you mine is not fake. Not that anybody hear would give a shit since I don't hand out money. I only put mine up there to show FTP what skin cancer truly looks like. It is what it is. People get old and die.

Load Metric

Cool

In late 2017, my wife's best friend felt a small lump under her tongue, which she ignored for months until her dentist told her to get it looked at.

It grew a bit more, and she went and got it looked at.

Squamous cell carcinoma.

After 18 months of aggressive, nonstop treatment, including the removal of her tongue, she passed in May at the age of 50. Nothing could sto this thing, twas too late.

If she had gotten that lump looked at only months earlier, it's likely she'd be alive today. Not cured, but alive, with her tongue, living, and battling.

Guys, ANY fucking lump, anywhere on your body get that shit looked at pronto. Trust me, you dont want to go through what Amy went through. Brutal demise. Early discovery is essential.

Comments

duped_samaritan: fuck, that sucks

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    In late 2017, my wife's best friend felt a small lump under her tongue, which she ignored for months until her dentist told her to get it looked at.

Squamous cell carcinoma.

After 18 months of aggressive, nonstop treatment, including the removal of her tongue, she passed in May at the age of 50. Nothing could sto this thing, twas too late.

If she had gotten that lump looked at only months earlier, it's likely she'd be alive today. Not cured, but alive, with her tongue, living, and battling.

Guys, ANY fucking lump, anywhere on your body get that shit looked at pronto. Trust me, you dont want to go through what Amy went through. Brutal demise. Early discovery is essential.

Couldn't agree more. This thing I have grew very fast. When my doctor saw it she said it has to be removed NOW. They went in really deep. I didn't get to see whatever the hell was in there but as I stated above I go back to have stitches out tomorrow and am awaiting pathologist report and other tests to find out if it has spread.

Very sad story above for your friend .

Comments

Dan Druff: oh wow, good luck

IamGreek: God's speed Sir!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

Squamous cell carcinoma.

Couldn't agree more. This thing I have grew very fast. When my doctor saw it she said it has to be removed NOW. They went in really deep. I didn't get to see whatever the hell was in there but as I stated above I go back to have stitches out tomorrow and am awaiting pathologist report and other tests to find out if it has spread.

Very sad story above for your friend .
    I hope you hear nothing but good news from here on out.

Load Metric
    After jumping through hoops I finally got to the Derm this morning.. Good news nothing appears remotely malignant at this time come back in 6 months he said.. which is a relief.. On a side note Im being sent to a Rheumatologist by my PCP because its possible all these weird things Ive been dealing with maybe all tied up together and that an auto immune issue I had as a teenager and was supposed to be something that happens randomly and never returns in the many years since they've discovered it can become chronic and is now classified in with other such lovely issues as Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis and other chronic autoimmune problems.. Its basically controllable and needs monitoring but it can be annoying and troublesome but would explain the myriad of issues including my diabetes actually indeed having an auto immune component and why at times my sugars are good other times suck and even cause roller coaster swings leading to periods of crashes and rather unsaviory high readings as the process can in fact aggravate the pancreas and then at times if its not acting up the pancreas can actually return to somewhat to baseline and once again secrete some insulin.. Will need some more blood work and ironic is diabetics already have a slightly elevated level of IgA at times but the auto immune issue also is driven off IgA and can cause everything from GI issues to joint pain that eventually comes and goes to those spots on my leg which I showed via pic.. (the giveaway was I suddenly had a large splash looking spot similar color appear about 2 weeks ago without warning which is essentially the capillary bed becoming inflamed and blood leaking out into the tissue space) the smaller spots are not commonly seen as shown which is why my MD was kinda concerned as it looked more like an irregular dark spot that was isolated in location.. If it is in fact what is suspected its nothing that will kill me or shouldn't but it will likely be a quality of life issue at times shrug.. At least I can attribute the random shit that I thought was just my body fucking with me after age 40 to something concrete just not crazy that I may have to take steroids at times to treat a flair up since they don't tend to play nice with blood sugar unless the inflammatory process is actually aggravating the diabetes.. (One medical report was about a younger person who had same issue I had as a teen and went into whats known as Diabetic Ketoacidosis and irony is he was treated with Steroids and it quickly resolved across the board which was a giveaway it wasn't typical DKA in a diabetic). I know Im probably confusing some but I did leave shit hanging a month back.

Comments

limitles: fuckin eh good news is good news. Jesus speed

MumblesBadly: Great news! Now you’ll have time to how to use the Return key to insert paragraph spacing in your longer forum posts.

Kuntmissioner: Made it to malignant, cant read any more; congrats obv

Thread Information