Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Con Edison on its knees

  1. #1

    Con Edison on its knees

    150,000 in nyc without power, im holding my fingers crossed it doesn't go to burbs. Gov Coumo lashes out at Con Ed for not being prepared. Subways broke down also for double whammy.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 07-21-2019 at 06:18 PM.

  2. #2
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -147
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    7,122
    They blaming it on the heat wave pushing up demand for electro-juice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  3. #3
    I don't live anywhere near there so this doesn't affect me, but at first glance this certainly gives me flashbacks of a certain situation around 20 years ago in a certain state concocted by a very large energy company which was *cough* "doing extremely well financially". I just can't seem to remember the name...I think it started with an E or something...

    So anyway, how are Con-Ed's financials looking these days??

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I don't live anywhere near there so this doesn't affect me, but at first glance this certainly gives me flashbacks of a certain situation around 20 years ago in a certain state concocted by a very large energy company which was *cough* "doing extremely well financially". I just can't seem to remember the name...I think it started with an E or something...

    So anyway, how are Con-Ed's financials looking these days??
    Pretty much a monopoly, too many people cranking up the juice, unprepared for this level of heat.

  5. #5
    Sounds like Con Ed is doing fine, and you're the one on your knees.

  6. #6
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -147
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    7,122
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Sounds like Con Ed is doing fine, and you're the one on your knees.
    Sounds like Con Ed needs to get a regulatory ass raping from the Public Service Commission for this predictable fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:


    ME

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I don't live anywhere near there so this doesn't affect me, but at first glance this certainly gives me flashbacks of a certain situation around 20 years ago in a certain state concocted by a very large energy company which was *cough* "doing extremely well financially". I just can't seem to remember the name...I think it started with an E or something...

    So anyway, how are Con-Ed's financials looking these days??
    Pretty much a monopoly, too many people cranking up the juice, unprepared for this level of heat.
    Pacific Gas & Electric & San Diego Gas & Electric are pretty much monopolies too.

    Bankrupt but monopolies.

    Fortunately for them, there are endless rebuys courtesy of taxpayers like Druff.

    California dreamin

    assuming Druff pays taxes, of course

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-11-2018, 08:27 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2016, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •