Thread: Con Edison on its knees

Load Metric

Con Edison on its knees

150,000 in nyc without power, im holding my fingers crossed it doesn't go to burbs. Gov Coumo lashes out at Con Ed for not being prepared. Subways broke down also for double whammy.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 07-21-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Load Metric
    They blaming it on the heat wave pushing up demand for electro-juice?

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't live anywhere near there so this doesn't affect me, but at first glance this certainly gives me flashbacks of a certain situation around 20 years ago in a certain state concocted by a very large energy company which was *cough* "doing extremely well financially". I just can't seem to remember the name...I think it started with an E or something...

So anyway, how are Con-Ed's financials looking these days??

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I don't live anywhere near there so this doesn't affect me, but at first glance this certainly gives me flashbacks of a certain situation around 20 years ago in a certain state concocted by a very large energy company which was *cough* "doing extremely well financially". I just can't seem to remember the name...I think it started with an E or something...

Pretty much a monopoly, too many people cranking up the juice, unprepared for this level of heat.

Load Metric
    Sounds like Con Ed is doing fine, and you're the one on your knees.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Sounds like Con Ed is doing fine, and you're the one on your knees.
    Sounds like Con Ed needs to get a regulatory ass raping from the Public Service Commission for this predictable fail.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Pretty much a monopoly, too many people cranking up the juice, unprepared for this level of heat.
    Pacific Gas & Electric & San Diego Gas & Electric are pretty much monopolies too.

Bankrupt but monopolies.

Fortunately for them, there are endless rebuys courtesy of taxpayers like Druff.

California dreamin

assuming Druff pays taxes, of course

Thread Information