Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: Doug Stanhope banned from Caesar's after bad review

  1. #21
    well after all the fail and incompetence over the years, they were bound to get one right eventually...

    guess the perfect game is over...

     
    Comments
      
      ftpjesus: The old a broken clock is correct twice a day rep

  2. #22
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4683
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,836
    Blog Entries
    2
    It's always hard to figure out what the truth is in these situations, because you're dealing with potential Caesars fail and potentially drunk degen gamblers, and trying to decipher which one (or both) is at fault.

  3. #23
    Can't Post limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1169
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    11,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    One other thing to consider:

    Stanhope is an admitted drunk.

    I still think it's possible he was there in June, drunkenly misbehaved, and they barred him after the fact. I think it's even possible he doesn't remember much of it, and honestly believes it was because of the review.
    The majority of comedians have their issues and mind altering substances goes with that. You say Stanhope is an admitted drunk, like that is relegating him to the unwashed.

    Everyone has their vices. Some people lie and cheat people out of money, but they don't drink Some people can't help stuffing their faces because it gives them the dopamine rush we all relate to.

    You are no better that Doug Stanhope in fact considering what you stand for, which is money in your pocket, you are lower than Doug Stanhope the drunk.

     
    Comments
      
      ftpjesus: Limitles defending an alcoholic gee what a surprise..


  4. #24
    Kinda strange that he didnít edit out his address...not that heís hard to find.

  5. #25
    Can't Post limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1169
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    11,480
    You have to realize that comedians being barred from clubs etc. is not that uncommon. Many comedians do not always "play to the room". The room in question, a Vegas hotel casino nightclub where Americans from all walks of life like to congregate. Stanhope and others like him are going to say what they thinks is funny and I would not be surprised if his act contained a fair bit of Trump material.

    This does not go down with all audiences, especially in the melting pot of Vegas. People are there not just to see Stanhope, in fact I'm sure most don't even know him.

    So you get enough complaints from people who are paying the bills and it adios


  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It's always hard to figure out what the truth is in these situations, because you're dealing with potential Caesars fail and potentially drunk degen gamblers, and trying to decipher which one (or both) is at fault.
    Caesars/Harrah's/Rio/Eldorado Resorts is ALWAYS AT FAULT!

    Also many WSOP employees and Phil Hellmuth for being a complete tool, fool and clueless idiot.







     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: Surrounded by 20 women in short
      
      ftpjesus: Anybody think the shields of the chicks wouldve been funnier if edited from Bet to Bag.. ;) Anybody up for the task?

  7. #27
    Little Caesars bringing back that stuffed crust hitter is literally the jolt this summer needed

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Kinda strange that he didnít edit out his address...not that heís hard to find.
    Has always posted his address. People send him bibles from hotel rooms. They used to have a big superbowl party but I guess they shut it down when too many randoms were flying in and messing everything up.

    I took a trip to Tombstone and went down to Bisbee to check out the massive copper mine. It is a really cool place with half the town built on the side of a hill which includes some old hotels. His place consists of several lots and he has built it up pretty nice with a few bars, etc. As for the people it seems like a lot of drifters and people on disability. Not much money there aside from Stanhope and the hotels.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It's always hard to figure out what the truth is in these situations, because you're dealing with potential Caesars fail and potentially drunk degen gamblers, and trying to decipher which one (or both) is at fault.
    Caesars/Harrah's/Rio/Eldorado Resorts is ALWAYS AT FAULT!

    Also many WSOP employees and Phil Hellmuth for being a complete tool, fool and clueless idiot.






    I see the documented rep delete bug is still with us.

    Only Phil could make 20 women wearing next to nothing look gay.

  10. #30
    That's it, I'm writing a bad Yelp review for Doug Stanhope

  11. #31
    Can't Post limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1169
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    11,480



     
    Comments
      
      Kazoey: Diploma to cut hair rep
    Last edited by limitles; 07-21-2019 at 10:24 PM.


  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by klinz View Post
    I hope efforts are made to get the man on radio.
    I have reached out to him on Twitter, but he has gotten hundreds of responses to this, so I'm guessing I will be ignored.
    He's far from a struggling comedian so your chances of getting him on are literally zero but it's always cool to take these moonshots bc you never know what will happen.

     
    Comments
      
      klinz:

  13. #33
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4683
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,836
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    I have reached out to him on Twitter, but he has gotten hundreds of responses to this, so I'm guessing I will be ignored.
    He's far from a struggling comedian so your chances of getting him on are literally zero but it's always cool to take these moonshots bc you never know what will happen.
    Yeah, exactly what I thought, which is why I took the shot, but never had the delusion that he was coming on.

  14. #34
    Can't Post limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1169
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    11,480
    Name:  drunk.png
Views: 170
Size:  103.1 KB

    Hey asshole, I'm not defending a drunk I'm defending a comedian. So many people don't understand comedians who say what they want to say for the laugh. The fact that he was barred from a room is not because he was blind drunk but he said things that people take too seriously. A comedian takes any subject and puts a twist on it for the laugh.

    I just watched another Stanhope video and I like him more than ever. Guy was in deep as a kid.


     
    Comments
      
      splitthis:
    Last edited by limitles; 07-23-2019 at 09:29 PM.


  15. #35
    Can't Post limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1169
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    11,480


  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Case closed. Looks like Caesars was in the right (sorry GBCP).

    Here's a show he did from February 16, three days before the review.

    He talked about getting blackout drunk, skipped out on money he owed (his assistant ended up paying), his assistant sleeping in the hallway drunk outside his door, and smoked pot in his room.

    Obviously someone brought Caesars attention to this in June, and they banned him.
    Just to be sure, can you write up a negative review of the Rio at post it on Yelp?



  17. #37
    I listened to Druff’s radio segment too.

    What Druff entirely misses with this story is the comedy. From the jump this was all done for laughs (and the attention good comedy brings).

    The chronology of when he wrote the review is immaterial. It was a funny review. You get he’s a comedian, right?

    A comedian tells requisite Vegas blackout drunk stories. We don’t give a fuck. He doesn’t give a fuck. We all have fun.

    Druff treats this with all the seriousness of a colonoscopy.

    You’ve been had son. Lighten up.

     
    Comments
      
      limitles: beauty

  18. #38
    Can't Post limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1169
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    11,480
    If you're really interested in the Stanhope story don't give up on trying to get him on the radio show.
    The fact that he hasn't responded to your request has nothing to do with him being too good for the request.

    Keep contacting him and mention you also have a long list of Rio stories

     
    Comments
      
      klinz: good strat


  19. #39
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4683
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,836
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I listened to Druffís radio segment too.

    What Druff entirely misses with this story is the comedy. From the jump this was all done for laughs (and the attention good comedy brings).

    The chronology of when he wrote the review is immaterial. It was a funny review. You get heís a comedian, right?

    A comedian tells requisite Vegas blackout drunk stories. We donít give a fuck. He doesnít give a fuck. We all have fun.

    Druff treats this with all the seriousness of a colonoscopy.

    Youíve been had son. Lighten up.
    Do you think he wasn't reporting the truth in his review, or at least what he believed to be the truth?

    Yes it was written in a comedic style, but it wasn't a joke.

  20. #40
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4683
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,836
    Blog Entries
    2
    He responded to a message by John Mehaffey, which I then responded to, and offered to give Doug advice on how to get unbanned from the Rio.

    He "liked" my response but didn't answer me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rooms at Caesarís properties
    By hutmaster in forum Casinos & Las Vegas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2019, 05:48 PM
  2. How to get a Caesar's host in AC?
    By EasyGame in forum Casinos & Las Vegas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2017, 05:17 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 10:55 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 05:45 PM
  5. Harrah's/Caesar's at it again with the fail...
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 10:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •