Thread: Paper towel under your windshield scam

Load Metric

Paper towel under your windshield scam

Anyone know anything about this? Is it a scam?

My wife goes to the grocery store, comes back to the car, loads it and gets in. She notices a plain paper towel just sorta wedged under her drivers wiper blade at the centre edge.

This has happened to her twice now at the same grocery store within the past few months.

Both times my wife has NOT cleared the paper towel right away while in the grocery store parking lot. Something clicked in her mind about some kinda of scam where bad guys were doing this for..... ____________________? Maybe to target women's purses somehow? Grab her car while it's running?...

Weirder still, this time she saw ANOTHER woman actually extending out of her car and removing the SAME kind paper towel from under her car's wiper!

I can't find anything about it online.

Maybe something along these lines:

Load Metric
    Odd, could be a stalking case of an employee who has a fetish with your wife or something. I have seen some really bizarre guys stocking shelves over the years from my local store. There is a simple remedy, go to the manager and ask to check the film, they certainly have parking surveillance. If you get push back walk in there with a Sheriff's Deputy and you will certainly get the footage. Whatever the reason, who is doing it is definitely on film and if they are an employee they will get fired and monitored by law enforcement. We have never had a paper towel killer in the US to my knowledge but you never know what some broke employee will turn to in a moment of sexual desperation. Get with the manager.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Odd, could be a stalking case of an employee who has a fetish with your wife or something. I have seen some really bizarre guys stocking shelves over the years from my local store. There is a simple remedy, go to the manager and ask to check the film, they certainly have parking surveillance. If you get push back walk in there with a Sheriff's Deputy and you will certainly get the footage. Whatever the reason, who is doing it is definitely on film and if they are an employee they will get fired and monitored by law enforcement. We have never had a paper towel killer in the US to my knowledge but you never know what some broke employee will turn to in a moment of sexual desperation. Get with the manager.
    I'm going to believe it's not this because of the other lady who today was removing the paper towel from her car too. Funnily enough my wife stopped going to one supermarket in the past because of a guy who, while married, was clearly trying to go out with her.

On one hand it sounds like a scam to steal cars or purses (from women especially --- easier to overtake). On the other hand it sounds like, can this really be a thing?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I'm going to believe it's not this because of the other lady who today was removing the paper towel from her car too. Funnily enough my wife stopped going to one supermarket in the past because of a guy who, while married, was clearly trying to go out with her.

On one hand it sounds like a scam to steal cars or purses (from women especially --- easier to overtake). On the other hand it sounds like, can this really be a thing?
    Well, you can figure this out like by Monday. Just walk in there and ask for the video. They have cameras. Why speculate when the evidence is already there, it's likely an employee who is walking back and forth brining in carts all day. Even if its not they got a perp walking around with a paper towel roll on camera.

I know CXXXs made a post years ago about sliming car windows with feces at a local bowling alley and never got busted because nobody bothered to pull the camera footage.

Comments

Forum Wars: thanks, you're right

splitthis:
    Last edited by tgull; 07-20-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Had something on our local news about this a couple years ago. Yes they are looking to steal, etc when she goes to remove it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Exactly. Just drive away.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post
    Had something on our local news about this a couple years ago. Yes they are looking to steal, etc when she goes to remove it.
    Thanks. Not in a bad area of town either. But like they say "Crime happens everywhere".

Load Metric
    I can't believe you don't know what this means in grocery store parking lots, its code among the housewives (and dad's).

DTF

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post
    Thanks. Not in a bad area of town either. But like they say "Crime happens everywhere".
    I have already given you my advice about going into the store and asking for the camera footage, which definitely exists and would solve everything. I am just curious why you think someone is going to put a paper towel on a windshield in a parking lot of a major grocery store to hijack a woman or her car? Yes, I get it, there has been a case here and there where that happens but I cannot think of a more riskier plan for a carjacker or kidnapper to perpetrate a crime. I mean if your wife is Walmart shopping at 3am perhaps that would be a target I suppose. But if she is putting groceries in at 10am in a brightly lit parking lot, I dunno.

Just get with the manager, like 90% sure it's a weird employee with mental issues. Like I said, I have seem some of the more bizarre shelf stockers and deli meat cutters at major grocery stores. It boggles my mind how they made it through the interview process, but in a good economy people will hire anyone.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Get her a gun & go-pro then live stream it.

Load Metric
    Weirdo or Scam, I just wanted to find SOMEthing on the Internet where this has happened before...but could find NOTHING.
    But then:

https://fox13now.com/2014/11/21/find...nt-to-grab-it/

Yes, bottomset, this might be worth bringing to the store's/police's attention either way...\

Load Metric
    Name:  171003141618-02-trump-paper-towels-puerto-rico-10-03-2017.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  615.8 KBName:  171003141618-02-trump-paper-towels-puerto-rico-10-03-2017.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  615.8 KB

Load Metric
    Weirdo or Scam, I just wanted to find SOMEthing on the Internet where this has happened before...but could find NOTHING.
    But then:

Yes, bottomset, this might be worth bringing to the store's/police's attention either way...\

I can’t think of a logical reason, or illogical one, where putting shit on a windshield helps facilitate a car jacking or abduction or anything else. Some random woman is coming out to start her car eventually. I could find a hundred women tomorrow if I sat in a parking lot. What does putting something under the wiper blades do to make whatever crime easier? It would seem it just doubles the chance of getting caught. Someone can see you in the first place and get suspicious and wait and see what it’s about. Like I’m simply not getting what this accomplishes. If I walk up to some woman and say give me your keys or I’m going to take them, she’s going to hand them to me. If I plan on some serious abduction of her, I’m already going away for 20 years if caught, so why don’t I just put a gun in her back as she’s opening her car? It’s not like I can’t catch her at that moment she unlocks and opens the door and just force her into the vehicle. If anything, this seems like some Facebook urban legend that some kids are just seizing upon to scare women for lulz. What am I missing? What does this accomplish? Seems retarded.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    But then:

I can’t think of a logical reason, or illogical one, where putting shit on a windshield helps facilitate a car jacking or abduction or anything else. Some random woman is coming out to start her car eventually. I could find a hundred women tomorrow if I sat in a parking lot. What does putting something under the wiper blades do to make whatever crime easier? It would seem it just doubles the chance of getting caught. Someone can see you in the first place and get suspicious and wait and see what it’s about. Like I’m simply not getting what this accomplishes. If I walk up to some woman and say give me your keys or I’m going to take them, she’s going to hand them to me. If I plan on some serious abduction of her, I’m already going away for 20 years if caught, so why don’t I just put a gun in her back as she’s opening her car? It’s not like I can’t catch her at that moment she unlocks and opens the door and just force her into the vehicle. If anything, this seems like some Facebook urban legend that some kids are just seizing upon to scare women for lulz. What am I missing? What does this accomplish? Seems retarded.
    You are not a smart person.

They want exactly what OP described which is ; person walks out loads car and then gets in and starts it before noticing the towel, they then get out to remove it while the car is still running ...

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post

They want exactly what OP described which is ; person walks out loads car and then gets in and starts it before noticing the towel, they then get out to remove it while the car is still running ...
    Locally what was happening is all the doors have been unlocked to load groceries, wifey puts purse in seat, thief is lurking nearby, wife gets out to go to windshield, they quickly open door, grab purse, profit.

Load Metric
    tine runs these scams not for the money but just to feel alive in his 51 year old bones and he signs his towels la flama blanca

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Load Metric

Who the fuck can’t just reach out and grab it? If it’s on the passenger side, you’d just pull out and grab it later. The article described car jackings. If it’s a purse snatch, maybe. It’s the most idiotic car jacking or purse snatch strategy ever. Maybe someone like you has the inability to snatch a purse off a woman, but it’s not a problem for an actual man.

Who wants to carjack someone in a grocery store parking lot when you’d be a 100 times more likely to get away with it a hundred different places. Women walk out of offices every night and jump in their car. Women leave their car running to run into stores and use atms every day. Whomever is commiting this crime has to be on your IQ level and have little options. It’s this or grinding out micro stakes online poker tournaments and free rolls. Suicide would be the better option.

Comments

sah_24: Your stupidity truly knows no bounds lol

Load Metric

Who the fuck can’t just reach out and grab it? If it’s on the passenger side, you’d just pull out and grab it later. The article described car jackings. If it’s a purse snatch, maybe. It’s the most idiotic car jacking or purse snatch strategy ever. Maybe someone like you has the inability to snatch a purse off a woman, but it’s not a problem for an actual man.

Who wants to carjack someone in a grocery store parking lot when you’d be a 100 times more likely to get away with it a hundred different places. Women walk out of offices every night and jump in their car. Women leave their car running to run into stores and use atms every day. Whomever is commiting this crime has to be on your IQ level and have little options. It’s this or grinding out micro stakes online poker tournaments and free rolls. Suicide would be the better option.
    This is my point as well, not to mention just about every grocery store parking lot is armed with cameras. If you are willing to take that type of risk you are better off pulling an armed robbery.

As far as the article goes, it is almost preposterous a car thief is willing to risk $100 bills on the outside chance he could get away with a carjacking. I mean, the reason he is carjacking is because he is broke and 99% on drugs and needs a fix. If he has a couple hundred bucks he is not going to go carjacking, he is going to his dealer for another fix until his hundreds are gone. I am almost thinking the article is a parody.

Regardless, it's on tape and I am almost certain the perp will be wearing a store name tag.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    I'm with BCR on this one. Ya'all some dumb mutha fuckas. And that Fox article about "$100 bill on windshield" got snope'd: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ca...s-car-windows/

Comments

sah_24: Snopes the one guy in his ampartment that is a proven liar after his divorce lol

Load Metric
    But then:

Looks like this is some bs story the stemmed from one of those chain mail emails years ago.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ca...s-car-windows/

Comments

sah_24: Lol Snopes ... god you are dumb

SPIT this: offset

Thread Information