Thread: Paper towel under your windshield scam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Paper towel under your windshield scam

Anyone know anything about this? Is it a scam?

My wife goes to the grocery store, comes back to the car, loads it and gets in. She notices a plain paper towel just sorta wedged under her drivers wiper blade at the centre edge.

This has happened to her twice now at the same grocery store within the past few months.

Both times my wife has NOT cleared the paper towel right away while in the grocery store parking lot. Something clicked in her mind about some kinda of scam where bad guys were doing this for..... ____________________? Maybe to target women's purses somehow? Grab her car while it's running?...

Weirder still, this time she saw ANOTHER woman actually extending out of her car and removing the SAME kind paper towel from under her car's wiper!

I can't find anything about it online.

Maybe something along these lines:

Load Metric
    Odd, could be a stalking case of an employee who has a fetish with your wife or something. I have seen some really bizarre guys stocking shelves over the years from my local store. There is a simple remedy, go to the manager and ask to check the film, they certainly have parking surveillance. If you get push back walk in there with a Sheriff's Deputy and you will certainly get the footage. Whatever the reason, who is doing it is definitely on film and if they are an employee they will get fired and monitored by law enforcement. We have never had a paper towel killer in the US to my knowledge but you never know what some broke employee will turn to in a moment of sexual desperation. Get with the manager.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Odd, could be a stalking case of an employee who has a fetish with your wife or something. I have seen some really bizarre guys stocking shelves over the years from my local store. There is a simple remedy, go to the manager and ask to check the film, they certainly have parking surveillance. If you get push back walk in there with a Sheriff's Deputy and you will certainly get the footage. Whatever the reason, who is doing it is definitely on film and if they are an employee they will get fired and monitored by law enforcement. We have never had a paper towel killer in the US to my knowledge but you never know what some broke employee will turn to in a moment of sexual desperation. Get with the manager.
    I'm going to believe it's not this because of the other lady who today was removing the paper towel from her car too. Funnily enough my wife stopped going to one supermarket in the past because of a guy who, while married, was clearly trying to go out with her.

On one hand it sounds like a scam to steal cars or purses (from women especially --- easier to overtake). On the other hand it sounds like, can this really be a thing?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I'm going to believe it's not this because of the other lady who today was removing the paper towel from her car too. Funnily enough my wife stopped going to one supermarket in the past because of a guy who, while married, was clearly trying to go out with her.

On one hand it sounds like a scam to steal cars or purses (from women especially --- easier to overtake). On the other hand it sounds like, can this really be a thing?
    Well, you can figure this out like by Monday. Just walk in there and ask for the video. They have cameras. Why speculate when the evidence is already there, it's likely an employee who is walking back and forth brining in carts all day. Even if its not they got a perp walking around with a paper towel roll on camera.

I know CXXXs made a post years ago about sliming car windows with feces at a local bowling alley and never got busted because nobody bothered to pull the camera footage.

Comments

Forum Wars: thanks, you're right

splitthis:
    Last edited by tgull; 07-20-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Had something on our local news about this a couple years ago. Yes they are looking to steal, etc when she goes to remove it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Exactly. Just drive away.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post
    Had something on our local news about this a couple years ago. Yes they are looking to steal, etc when she goes to remove it.
    Thanks. Not in a bad area of town either. But like they say "Crime happens everywhere".

Thread Information