Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ilhan Omar the anti-Semite

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, pat yourself on the back for an excellent job rallying good folks to defend against discrimination and bigotry in America with this highly informative thread.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

P.S. I never would have considered donating to her reelction campaign if but you bringing attention to this matter. Well done, sir!

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    so woke, how do you even sleep at night?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    are you saying he might be racist, but who knows? or are you saying he's not racist. cause you're now asking for "clear examples of racism." (note you omitted the example of trump blaming black accountants' laziness on their inferior race.)

it sounds like you are of the drk_star school of thought where only actually using racial epithets = proof of racism.

also why is trump's conduct acceptable for you? he may not be racist, but even you would have to admit he deliberately courts the white nationalist vote and stokes racial tension for his perceived electoral advantage.

isn't that just as bad (and i would argue, far worse) than if he was racist?
    I'm saying he isn't racist, but rather just racially insensitive. The situation with not renting to blacks is a perfect example. If it's done because you hate black people and don't want them on your property, you're racist. If it's done because you think blacks are more likely to stiff you on the rent, you're racist. If you otherwise have no problem with black people but know that white renters will not renew their lease if they see black people, you're still a jerk for coddling others' racism in order to make more money, but you're not racist yourself. I believe Trump was in that last category, and it was incredibly common at the time among owners of high-end apartment buildings.

Regarding "blaming black accountants' laziness on their race", those are hearsay reports, and there are a ton about Trump. I simply do not see Trump as a racist, nor an anti-Semite. His words and actions don't support it.

The biggest two charges of racism against Trump during his Administration/campaign:

- The Muslim immigration ban. Whether or not you agree, this wasn't done for reasons of racism. It was done because Trump perceived that Muslims were coming into this country to commit acts of terror, and it was impossible to determine which ones were coming for innocent reasons and which ones weren't.

- The Wall. Whether or not you agree, this wasn't done for reasons of racism. Trump wanted this because he believed that illegal immigrants were a drain on this country's resources, and were increasing crime. Again, not racist.

Yet if you ask the average US leftist why they feel Trump is racist, you're almost sure to hear one of the above two things, along with the stupid "fine people on both sides" comment.

I also don't believe Trump stokes racial tension. We did have a President who did that -- Obama. How often did Obama speak directly about racial issues and take sides? Did you notice how much worse race relations got during Obama's second term, after decades of slow improvement?

Trump was never trying to court the white nationalist vote. He accidentally appealed to them, and then didn't want to chase them away, as he loved support from anywhere and didn't want to potentially lose votes. He doesn't talk in code to them That's a bunch of stupid conspiracy nonsense, as dumb as the conspiracies being peddled by the alt-right.

If Trump spoke honestly about the white nationalists without anyone else hearing, he'd tell you, "I think they're misguided trash, but they love me, they fervently support me, and they encourage others to vote for me, so I don't want to drive them away."

Also notice that I am not a brainwashed Trump supporter or anything. I've posted plenty of bad things about him (including in the last few pages here), so I'm not blind to his faults. If he were a racist, I would say so.

I'd never heard of this woman but it's self-evidently obvious she did contract a fake marriage with her brother along with a fake divorce and reconciliation with her real husband. Why isn't the investigative media all over this?

Comments

wrenchjockey: ever heard of liberal media bias? Yeah, well MN media is hyper liberal. They don't cover it because they'll have to expose her as a fraud.

Load Metric
    Maybe he's not actually racist. I'm sure he prefers white people because white people are more likely to vote for him and go to his rallies and chant. If his rallies were all black and brown people, he'd prob be shitting all over white people. So I guess that's fair.

But, there are definitely a shitload of racists in this country , and all of them are more likely to spread their hatred and treat black and brown people even shittier now than 3 years ago. It will be even worse in 5 years if he gets reelected. We shouldn't stand for that.

On the other hand, if Israel didn't treat Muslims like shit in the middle east, and Trumps base didn't treat Muslims like terrorists over here, she probably wouldn't have the views she has.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Maybe he's not actually racist. I'm sure he prefers white people because white people are more likely to vote for him and go to his rallies and chant. If his rallies were all black and brown people, he'd prob be shitting all over white people. So I guess that's fair.

But, there are definitely a shitload of racists in this country , and all of them are more likely to spread their hatred and treat black and brown people even shittier now than 3 years ago. It will be even worse in 5 years if he gets reelected. We shouldn't stand for that.
    Yes, some white supremacist types have felt more emboldened since Trump got elected.

However, it's not nearly as bad for race relations as what happened during the Obama years, where instead of uniting the country, he divided it terribly by taking sides in complicated matters like the Ferguson shooting. Every year for decades was a step forward, and suddenly we took a step back during Obama's second term. That did far more damage to race relations in this country than a small number of idiot white supremacists who honestly disgust most of the country, including most Republicans.

Obama basically made black people think the police were out to get them, and it made white people think that black people were violent thugs who blame the police for their own criminal actions. Not a good look on either side.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Yes, some white supremacist types have felt more emboldened since Trump got elected.

However, it's not nearly as bad for race relations as what happened during the Obama years, where instead of uniting the country, he divided it terribly by taking sides in complicated matters like the Ferguson shooting. Every year for decades was a step forward, and suddenly we took a step back during Obama's second term. That did far more damage to race relations in this country than a small number of idiot white supremacists who honestly disgust most of the country, including most Republicans.

Obama basically made black people think the police were out to get them, and it made white people think that black people were violent thugs who blame the police for their own criminal actions. Not a good look on either side.
    It's as if you and I are living in two different universes at this point.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: Honestly, I think the same thing every time Todd posts about "the left"

Load Metric
    are you saying he might be racist, but who knows? or are you saying he's not racist. cause you're now asking for "clear examples of racism." (note you omitted the example of trump blaming black accountants' laziness on their inferior race.)

it sounds like you are of the drk_star school of thought where only actually using racial epithets = proof of racism.

also why is trump's conduct acceptable for you? he may not be racist, but even you would have to admit he deliberately courts the white nationalist vote and stokes racial tension for his perceived electoral advantage.

I'm saying he isn't racist, but rather just racially insensitive. The situation with not renting to blacks is a perfect example. If it's done because you hate black people and don't want them on your property, you're racist. If it's done because you think blacks are more likely to stiff you on the rent, you're racist. If you otherwise have no problem with black people but know that white renters will not renew their lease if they see black people, you're still a jerk for coddling others' racism in order to make more money, but you're not racist yourself. I believe Trump was in that last category, and it was incredibly common at the time among owners of high-end apartment buildings.

Regarding "blaming black accountants' laziness on their race", those are hearsay reports, and there are a ton about Trump. I simply do not see Trump as a racist, nor an anti-Semite. His words and actions don't support it.

The biggest two charges of racism against Trump during his Administration/campaign:

- The Muslim immigration ban. Whether or not you agree, this wasn't done for reasons of racism. It was done because Trump perceived that Muslims were coming into this country to commit acts of terror, and it was impossible to determine which ones were coming for innocent reasons and which ones weren't.

- The Wall. Whether or not you agree, this wasn't done for reasons of racism. Trump wanted this because he believed that illegal immigrants were a drain on this country's resources, and were increasing crime. Again, not racist.

Yet if you ask the average US leftist why they feel Trump is racist, you're almost sure to hear one of the above two things, along with the stupid "fine people on both sides" comment.

I also don't believe Trump stokes racial tension. We did have a President who did that -- Obama. How often did Obama speak directly about racial issues and take sides? Did you notice how much worse race relations got during Obama's second term, after decades of slow improvement?

Trump was never trying to court the white nationalist vote. He accidentally appealed to them, and then didn't want to chase them away, as he loved support from anywhere and didn't want to potentially lose votes. He doesn't talk in code to them That's a bunch of stupid conspiracy nonsense, as dumb as the conspiracies being peddled by the alt-right.

If Trump spoke honestly about the white nationalists without anyone else hearing, he'd tell you, "I think they're misguided trash, but they love me, they fervently support me, and they encourage others to vote for me, so I don't want to drive them away."

Also notice that I am not a brainwashed Trump supporter or anything. I've posted plenty of bad things about him (including in the last few pages here), so I'm not blind to his faults. If he were a racist, I would say so.

It's as if you and I are living in two different universes at this point.

it boggles my mind that you give him the benefit of the doubt so often. it's crazy to me. how many coincidences does it take for it to no longer be a coincidence? i actually believe what you're suffering from is cognitive dissonance. alternatively you don't believe anything you're saying.

i think it's the latter for one primary reason. you hear trump speak and have seen his tweets yet you don't believe "the hearsay reports" about trump disparaging minorities? you're just flatout lying here. if you claim you don't believe these reports, you're just lying.

Load Metric
    BLAKE THE ANTI-SEMITE AMIRITE?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    it boggles my mind that you give him the benefit of the doubt so often. it's crazy to me. how many coincidences does it take for it to no longer be a coincidence? i actually believe what you're suffering from is cognitive dissonance. alternatively you don't believe anything you're saying.

i think it's the latter for one primary reason. you hear trump speak and have seen his tweets yet you don't believe "the hearsay reports" about trump disparaging minorities? you're just flatout lying here. if you claim you don't believe these reports, you're just lying.

Which "coincidences" are you referring to? Most of this stuff is where people are twisting Trump's words to mean something much worse than what he really meant. If someone talks enough, there's always opportunities to do stuff like this to them, especially a guy like Trump who just mouths off without thinking about his words.

Even if Trump really thinks black people are "lazy", that's more a prejudice than outright racism, and as has already been pointed out here, everyone has their own prejudices, even if they don't voice them. For example, people who think Jews are cheap aren't necessarily anti-Semites.

I honestly think Trump is just a narcissist who walks around mainly thinking about himself, and while he may have some low-grade prejudices regarding blacks and other minorities, he's not a racist or someone who supports any kind of white supremacy movement.

The white supremacists basically said to Trump, "We love you, you're exactly the President we've been waiting for, and we are going to tell everyone to vote for you", and Trump doesn't want to say, "No, you guys are scum, I don't want your support, fuck off", because he's afraid they will turn against him and erode some of his support. I'm not defending this, but I'm just stating that this type of thing is how politics has worked for a long time.

What's more disturbing is how people like Ilhan Omar won't even say that they condemn al Qaeda -- a group which seeks to destroy the United States and would kill everyone here if they could.

Load Metric
    The white supremacists basically said to Trump, "We love you, you're exactly the President we've been waiting for, and we are going to tell everyone to vote for you", and Trump doesn't want to say, "No, you guys are scum, I don't want your support, fuck off", because he's afraid they will turn against him and erode some of his support. I'm not defending this, but I'm just stating that this type of thing is how politics has worked for a long time.

What's more disturbing is how people like Ilhan Omar won't even say that they condemn al Qaeda -- a group which seeks to destroy the United States and would kill everyone here if they could.
    You realize white supremacists would kill all the jews if they could, right?

People def twist Trumps words unfairly _sometimes_.(i'm guilty of this, though mostly for humor)
    People def twist Omars words _sometimes_ (like you)

'Trump is definitely not racist and Omar definitely is' is just such a ridiculous stance to have imo.

If you're gonna use the "Trumps not racist, he's just racially insensitive....even if he says black people are lazy - that's not racist, he's just saying things he says" argument, I don't see how you could possibly conclude that Omar is definitely racist.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 07-22-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Load Metric
    Blake we get it you bought the living single DVD set in 03 and married an annoying black chick

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: with this post lol wow officially passed sonatine as the best poster on PFA

Load Metric

People def twist Trumps words unfairly _sometimes_.(i'm guilty of this, though mostly for humor)

'Trump is definitely not racist and Omar definitely is' is just such a ridiculous stance to have imo.

If you're gonna use the "Trumps not racist, he's just racially insensitive....even if he says black people are lazy - that's not racist, he's just saying things he says" argument, I don't see how you could possibly conclude that Omar is definitely racist.
    I'm out of reps. I owe you a green one here.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Do you think Ilhan Omar hates Jews?

Do you think Ilhan Omar is at all sympathetic toward al Qaeda?

Who do you think Ilhan Omar likes better -- Jews or al Qaeda?

Ask yourself these questions honestly.

And yes, I realize white supremacists would kill all Jews if they could. I also realize that they're a tiny minority in this country and don't hold positions of power, so I'm not too worried.

Load Metric

And yes, I realize white supremacists would kill all Jews if they could. I also realize that they're a tiny minority in this country and don't hold positions of power, so I'm not too worried.
    She obviously hates Israeli policies. I'm not sure if she's actually an antisemite. Probably not.

No. I think she's sympathetic to Muslims who are treated like shit because of al Qaedas actions. If you put the comments you bring up in context, that much is clear. Especially the "some people did some thing" one.

Jews. Even if she hates them, she can't possibly think they are worse than a group whose soul goal in life is to kill innocent people.

I do think she married her brother though, and I also find her a pretty unremarkable as a politician.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 07-22-2019 at 06:52 PM.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.wa...outputType=amp

You're one dumb jew, Todd.

Load Metric

i'm not saying you should be worried about white supremacists, but you need to consider the fact that trump has given future republican presidential candidates a 100% foolproof blueprint to winning the republican nomination: 1) run on policies popular to white supremacists; and 2) use language that doesn't hide your courting white supremacists.

how do you think your standard mitt romney or marco rubio type candidate does in future republican primaries against a trump-like republican who says "i want the US to be a christian nation and i want all immigration stopped." if you're being honest, you'll admit the trump-like candidate steamrolls the field.

do you think if a videotape comes out with trump using the n-word, he loses even one vote? honestly, he might gain votes. how about if he goes hardcore anti-jew? his popularity would likely increase by 10 points. you know this is true.

my point in saying this is that trump has shown there is no political price to be paid by taking actions or making statements that are at least perceived to be anti-minority. to the contrary -- it's a hugely successful approach -- at least as a republican. i'm not a historian, but this seems new to me. so when you say "white supremacists are a tiny minority so they don't worry me," maybe they should. appealing to "this tiny minority" -- even if unintentional-- equals winning the republican nomination.

the irony of my argument here is that i loathe just about each and every democrat running and i probably prefer trump's policies over the dems more often than not. the dems being gigantic pussies are largely responsible for trump's rise, and the dems should debate trump's policies on their merits without resorting to the race card every time.

i just wish he could show a little humility and at least consider how minorities might view his rhetoric. when crowds at your rallies are chanting "send them back" (to congresswomen who are american citizens from the US), you might want to recognize just how damaging your statements are to the future of this country, even if it makes for good present-day politics.

Load Metric
    blake literally married a chick who tried to sell nudes on twitter and got no dms

Comments

blake: not relevant

Load Metric
    but wait theres literally more sonatine uses a mop as a wig and also tries to sell nudes on twitter A COUPLE 3 SALES SO FAR

Comments

sonatine: i appeal to a niche market

Load Metric
    also blake its 100 percent relevant

Comments

blake: marginally relevant at best

Load Metric
    Wake up Druff, Trump is a total racist. He wants more immigration from countries like Norway. Like Scandinavians are going to flock to America if they had the opportunity, lol. He wants less immigration from “shithole” countries, like Haiti and Africa. White is good, black is bad. The whole point of immigration was to bring people here from “shithole” countries, like Ireland and China, and exploit their cheap labor. How has that worked out?

Nevertheless, I actually might vote for Trump (but he has no chance in California, so my vote won’t matter) and hope the Dems keep control of the House. The economy is really good. Our Constitution was designed to keep a demagogue like Trump in check. It’s working just like the Founding Fathers envisioned.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Except the chickenshit Dem leadership in the House won’t commence with impeachment hearings.

Thread Information