Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilhan Omar the anti-Semite

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Trump is the GOP.
    You couldn't be more wrong here. Most of the GOP despise him.
    Trump has a 94% approval rating with Republicans. It's almost a statistically impossible number to achieve. There are like 10 Bush type Republicans on CNN and MSNBC that drive the narrative that Trump is despised by Republicans, notably Bill Kristol and Joe Scarborough. But the reality is 94% is within Barack Obama territory with the Democrats. In fact, Obama mostly hovered around the 85% - 90% range with Dems, so you can make the case Trump's base is deeper.

I think you have been watching too much CNN, you cannot make the case most Republicans hate Trump at 94% with no opponent yet. You get a Elizabeth Warren / Cory Booker ticket, he will be at 100%.

Comments

Muck Ficon: GREAT POST!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

You couldn't be more wrong here. Most of the GOP despise him.
    Trump has a 94% approval rating with Republicans. It's almost a statistically impossible number to achieve. There are like 10 Bush type Republicans on CNN and MSNBC that drive the narrative that Trump is despised by Republicans, notably Bill Kristol and Joe Scarborough. But the reality is 94% is within Barack Obama territory with the Democrats. In fact, Obama mostly hovered around the 85% - 90% range with Dems, so you can make the case Trump's base is deeper.

I think you have been watching too much CNN, you cannot make the case most Republicans hate Trump at 94% with no opponent yet. You get a Elizabeth Warren / Cory Booker ticket, he will be at 100%.

I guess I should clarify -- I was ONLY referring to the GOP congress - not their constituency.

Load Metric

I guess I should clarify -- I was ONLY referring to the GOP congress - not their constituency.
    Ok, that makes sense, most federal elected officials are total cowards and will say or do anything to get elected and suck up a $175K salary. I know everyone points to Senator Romney and Warner and their wealth, but a majority of congressman are flat broke and without their $175K salary and benefits they would literally be paycheck to paycheck and living off credit cards. I mean, have you seen these characters and if you owned a business would you hire them? Probably not.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I think it's a pretty fair argument to make that someone who supports Trump really has no business criticizing another person for being racist.

Especially someone like you, who went from "Trump is an awful person, I voted for GARY" in 2016 to "I hope the left nominate whoever gives Trump the best chance of winning in 2020"
    I am surprised you're taking this path.

Omar is a radical nobody that doesn't represent the Democratic Party. Trump is the GOP.

The Democratic Party is a fucking mess right now on many levels, but it really comes down to this chick would get voted out 85-15 if put to any national referendum amongst dems. The only support she has is because trump is highlighting her, and some % will support anything trump is against.

Trump would carry 90% of republicans.

The left is playing really poorly letting themselves get dragged into this nonsense. They seem overly concerned with the rights of anyone but poor white and middle income people, which are kind of fucking important in a general election.

The funny part is I’ve never, once, heard an anti-Semitic remark from a dem I know. Not one time.
    groups like the KKK that hate jews overwhelmingly vote republican, but a growing number of uneducated democrats feel the same way.

big dick and fps_russia identify as far far left and probably have 1000 posts bashing jews each

jews are really in a bad place when it comes to inciting hate.

on the one hand, the majority religion in this country actually thinks that jews are responsible for killing their god. (of course, the evidence is overwhelming that jesus never actually existed even historically, but i digress). nonetheless, if you believed that jews were responsible for the murder of your god, that would seem to be kind of a big deal. how do you look the other way on that?

on the other hand, people are super super stupid. right now, the democrats are being dominated by different minority factions, who by and large, aren't doing that well in this country. jews are a minority group that literally everyone hates, that went through the inquisition and the holocaust (not slavery in egypt cause that is also likely fictitious), and is somehow thriving today. i think a lot of dems look at this and say that shouldn't be possible, that there must be a global conspiracy (obv including druff).

it's much easier to explain away your own failures in life by pointing to the evilness of others

Load Metric
    Ok, she’s a Jew hater, but so are these “very fine people”:
    Name:  7927ED4A-ABD7-401D-853E-336A0BDD62C0.jpeg
Views: 405
Size:  60.3 KB
    I’m only 1/8 Jewish and this is pretty scary to me:
    Name:  CB0F8268-8397-4C1E-9001-252FB3D6533D.jpeg
Views: 444
Size:  63.0 KB

Comments

jacosta24:
    Last edited by Jayjami; 07-19-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

The Democratic Party is a fucking mess right now on many levels, but it really comes down to this chick would get voted out 85-15 if put to any national referendum amongst dems. The only support she has is because trump is highlighting her, and some % will support anything trump is against.

Trump would carry 90% of republicans.

The left is playing really poorly letting themselves get dragged into this nonsense. They seem overly concerned with the rights of anyone but poor white and middle income people, which are kind of fucking important in a general election.

The funny part is I’ve never, once, heard an anti-Semitic remark from a dem I know. Not one time.
    groups like the KKK that hate jews overwhelmingly vote republican, but a growing number of uneducated democrats feel the same way.

big dick and fps_russia identify as far far left and probably have 1000 posts bashing jews each

on the one hand, the majority religion in this country actually thinks that jews are responsible for killing their god. (of course, the evidence is overwhelming that jesus never actually existed even historically, but i digress). nonetheless, if you believed that jews were responsible for the murder of your god, that would seem to be kind of a big deal. how do you look the other way on that?

on the other hand, people are super super stupid. right now, the democrats are being dominated by different minority factions, who by and large, aren't doing that well in this country. jews are a minority group that literally everyone hates, that went through the inquisition and the holocaust (not slavery in egypt cause that is also likely fictitious), and is somehow thriving today. i think a lot of dems look at this and say that shouldn't be possible, that there must be a global conspiracy (obv including druff).

it's much easier to explain away your own failures in life by pointing to the evilness of others

Fps is simply a crazy person. He might shoot a Jew some day, but he’s just more straight crazy than political. He’s left more than right, but mostly posting YouTube videosof other crazy people all day surrounded by cats and just gets pissed that no one pays attention. Big dick dislikes many blacks. That’s a rational thing if you actually live among black people.

They are extremely difficult to deal with. Inner city black people and rednecks are more alike than different. You just see them do shit and shake your head. Some white trailer park dude and black kid in the city have similar lives. The trailer park guy is just angrier because he had expectations and is embarrassed he’s in a trailer park with white people succeeding all around him. I’ve posted many racist things on a day black people particularly irritate me. I’ve posted a lot of anti-rural shit also as they also irritate me. I don’t blame Druff voting republican and handwaving away the large anti-Semitic presence in his party. I vote dem with a lot of black people who would rob and beat me for being white. I just wouldn’t make a post about black people abusing food stamps or something when I’ve voted for their ability to do exactly that because it’s something I have to deal with in the big picture for the way I see things.

Making posts about anti-semitism when the vast majority of anti-semites are pulling the same lever as me and who I’m voting for emboldens them seems silly to me. Like 80-90% of anti-Semitic Americans are right.

Load Metric
    'BuT WhaT AbOuT Omar's AntI SeMiTIsm?!?

This being the best response to the GOP's open acceptance of their party being blatantly racist is rich.

"Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day."
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also, I love how people on the left pivot back to Trump when one of their own is criticized.

Rather than deal with the accusation at hand, it always jumps to, "But Trump..."
    Literally nobody here mentioned Trump until you did.

Nobody.

Comments

BCR: Noticed that also. Kind of out of left field.

gimmick:

cleatus:
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-19-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

Fps is simply a crazy person. He might shoot a Jew some day, but he’s just more straight crazy than political. He’s left more than right, but mostly posting YouTube videosof other crazy people all day surrounded by cats and just gets pissed that no one pays attention. Big dick dislikes many blacks. That’s a rational thing if you actually live among black people.

They are extremely difficult to deal with. Inner city black people and rednecks are more alike than different. You just see them do shit and shake your head. Some white trailer park dude and black kid in the city have similar lives. The trailer park guy is just angrier because he had expectations and is embarrassed he’s in a trailer park with white people succeeding all around him. I’ve posted many racist things on a day black people particularly irritate me. I’ve posted a lot of anti-rural shit also as they also irritate me. I don’t blame Druff voting republican and handwaving away the large anti-Semitic presence in his party. I vote dem with a lot of black people who would rob and beat me for being white. I just wouldn’t make a post about black people abusing food stamps or something when I’ve voted for their ability to do exactly that because it’s something I have to deal with in the big picture for the way I see things.

Making posts about anti-semitism when the vast majority of anti-semites are pulling the same lever as me and who I’m voting for emboldens them seems silly to me. Like 80-90% of anti-Semitic Americans are right.
    15 years ago this would have been true and obvious, but I am not sure anymore. I have spent most of the last 15 years in higher education academia and there has been some serious brainwashing of college kids towards anti-Semitism, couched in anti-BDS, that I think matters. Intersectionality is a thing, and it states under no uncertain terms that the US, Israel and Jews are the bad guys and Muslims are the good guys (even Al Qaida, Hezbollah and Hamas), and it really is that simple. And young leftists today are pretty oblivious to the dichotomy of support for gay rights and also supporting the side that hang gay people.

Anyways, like you said it is a different kind of anti-semitism. A "woke" leftist isn't going to grab a shotgun and shoot up a synagogue (unless they are an Islamic extremist also), but they are going to vote to support BDS and Iran acquiring Nukes. It is a generational thing. Once the old Democratic guard is gone, it is going to be an anti-semitic free for all in the Democratic Party. But like I said, it is going to be policy driven, and not direct violence.

Load Metric

Ok, that makes sense, most federal elected officials are total cowards and will say or do anything to get elected and suck up a $175K salary. I know everyone points to Senator Romney and Warner and their wealth, but a majority of congressman are flat broke and without their $175K salary and benefits they would literally be paycheck to paycheck and living off credit cards. I mean, have you seen these characters and if you owned a business would you hire them? Probably not.
    Sit back and try and picture what it would be like if you were Maxine Waters Manager.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Rather than deal with the accusation at hand, it always jumps to, "But Trump..."
    I think it's a pretty fair argument to make that someone who supports Trump really has no business criticizing another person for being racist.

Especially someone like you, who went from "Trump is an awful person, I voted for GARY" in 2016 to "I hope the left nominate whoever gives Trump the best chance of winning in 2020"
    I am surprised you're taking this path.

Omar is a radical nobody that doesn't represent the democratic party. Trump is the GOP.

Everyone who got duped_by_smollet thinks that way. Fall for it everytime ppl use the race card to be scamming trash. True story: i was once hanging out with some black chick who claimed racism cuz she didnt get enough nacho cheese or something

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Did she marry her brother or not?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There's a huge difference between a situation where Congresspeople openly bash Jews, and when some extremist loser nobodies who vote for your candidates do it.

I'm aware of the existence of Joe Billy Bob in Alabama who votes Republican and hates Jews. But Joe Billy Bob has no say on policy, so he's inconsequential. Even if Republicans have more idiot individuals like this in their voter rolls than Democrats, what really matters is the fact that the Republicans seem to be increasingly supportive of Jews and Israel over time, and Democrats are going the other way.

You can say, "Well, Ilhan Omar is just an extremist and doesn't speak for all Democrats", and that's how I saw it back in February. That's why this thread wasn't created 5 months ago.

However, now I'm seeing mainstream Democrats publicly standing up for Omar, and casting her as a victim of Trump's, strangely because his crowd chanted "Send her back" without Trump himself joining in or inciting it.

Much like Trump deserves no sympathy when people insult or degrade him, neither does Ilhan Omar. Both are politicians who have said and tweeted outrageous and controversial things.

It's not even unreasonable that Americans would chant "Send her back", regarding an immigrant woman who laughs about al Qaeda and rants about the evils of Jewish money. I'm not saying that I support "sending back" anyone who does that, but I'm saying that an immigrant who comes here, gets elected to Congress, and says vile things like that has to expect some pushback. Watch Ilhan Omar's interviews and read her quotes, and you'll get the clear idea that she sympathizes with Muslim terrorists and probably sees them as a necessary evil. It's disturbing that someone like that is now a member of Congress, even if she lacks much power individually.

The bottom line is that the Democratic Party does not really support Jews or their interests anymore. This actually changed a long time ago, but generational loyalty kept Jews within the Democratic Party. However, in the past 18 years, it has changed even further. Democrats have embraced Muslims and cast them as victims. Democrats are becoming more and more anti-Semitic and anti-Israel in their policy support. Open anti-Semite politicians like Omar are being celebrated and defended, rather than condemned.

There's no real support for Jews anymore within the Democratic Party. Jews moved out of the victim class a long time ago, and have been increasingly cast in the role of the oppressor. The same is slowly happening to gay white males.

It doesn't bother me that some Jew-hating hicks vote the same way I do. I'd much rather be with the party where those in power are much more supportive of my people. I'm surprised more Jews don't feel this way, though I've noticed some are finally waking up.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Well said

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and Trump's "fine people on both sides" statement was not support of Nazis or white nationalists.

It was Trump being Trump and saying something stupid without really thinking about it.

Trump was afraid to approach the Charlottesville thing as making it appear that he was supporting the left-wing faction there while condemning the right. So he blurted out the "fine people on both sides" line in order to say that most people there were decent and simply disagreed with one another, and that the only ones who should be condemned are the extremists.

Normally that would be a good message, but he didn't think about the fact this wasn't a normal left-versus-right protest, but rather a white nationalist rally where most present on the right weren't at all "fine people". They were exactly the extremists he was trying to condemn.

Here's the exact quote:

Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.
    Read the full quote. He wasn't trying to be racist or support white nationalism. He was trying to say that there were some decent right-wing people simply protesting them taking down a statue and renaming a park, even though there were neo-Nazis present as well.

Unfortunately, Trump didn't fully understand that, yes, this was mainly a white nationalist rally. So he said something stupid not fully understanding the situation, and that has been used against him by the media to portray him as a racist.

This is what bothers me about a lot of the attacks on Trump. Rather than picking the many valid points to attack him on, they twist his words, attack him on BS, and try to cast him as something he's not.

Trump doesn't mind getting the white nationalist vote, because he thinks any vote for him is a good vote. That's the narcissist in him. But he's not a racist, anti-Semite, or white nationalist by any means.

Comments

JimmyG_415: BS........

Tellafriend: they don't want to read the full quote

Load Metric
    Oh, and Trump's "fine people on both sides" statement was not support of Nazis or white nationalists.

It was Trump being Trump and saying something stupid without really thinking about it.

Druff has ESP too?

This BS is sooooooooooooooooo old,
    Trump is only English speaker that needs a translator.
    'Thanks for telling us what he meant.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff is desparately in denial about Trump’s bigotry and natural affinity with white nationalists.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

Druff has ESP too?

Trump misspeaks and says stupid shit all the time.

Read the full quote. It's clear what he was trying to say, and why he said it.

This was typical Trump who didn't look into the situation closely enough before speaking about it.

He thought it was just a rally against removing some statue and renaming a park, where some Nazis also showed up. He didn't realize it was a full-on white nationalist rally.

Where is there any evidence that Trump supports white nationalism, besides being happy to take their vote because he's happy to have anyone's votes?

When the democrat party gets rid of that evil racist Nancy Pelosi and replaces her with a true Communist, not just some lukewarm socialist they are so crazy about, then the democrats will start winning some real elections. Until then they and america are doomed. 4 more years of president pussy grabber is what we are headed for.
    Socialism is the transitional period of capitalism being taken over by Communism.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You know Jimmy, it's totally possible to criticize Trump and his policies without resorting to the claim that he's a super-racist Nazi supporter.

He doesn't have to be the pure embodiment of evil for you to dislike and disagree with him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

Druff has ESP too?

Trump misspeaks and says stupid shit all the time.

Read the full quote. It's clear what he was trying to say, and why he said it.

This was typical Trump who didn't look into the situation closely enough before speaking about it.

He thought it was just a rally against removing some statue and renaming a park, where some Nazis also showed up. He didn't realize it was a full-on white nationalist rally.

Where is there any evidence that Trump supports white nationalism, besides being happy to take their vote because he's happy to have anyone's votes?
    it's hard to imagine that trump didn't see video from the event before he made those comments. if he did, he would have seen the nazi and kkk uniforms as well as the people holding torches shouting "jews will not replace us."

so you're saying trump thought decent people would march side-by-side with these people?

Load Metric
    like, can you imagine a scenario where you would show up to protest something legitimate when a bunch of actual nazis in uniform show up next to you chanting "jews will not replace us" and you just continue with your march?

Thread Information