Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WSOP ME final 3 is an epic triple threat match

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    ENSAN IS GOD. This has gotta be "good for poker" right. I thought mid 30s might be too old to win the main event. When was the last time a guy over 40 won it? U old guys need to get out to vegas for the seniors tourneys next summer. They were already massive this year.
    pretty sure they said was in his early 50s

Comments

thesidedish: AKA the point of my post

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I believe Ensan is 55.

I'll always have this moment: https://www.pokernews.com/tours/wsop...ips.296716.htm

I took 20% of his stack in this straightforward hand, and he couldn't have been nicer about it. He smiled, patted me on the back, said, "Nice hand, friend", and got back to doing the color-up.

The "nice hand, friend" didn't seem to be sarcastic or insincere, either. It seemed to be more in the, "You needed this badly and got dealt the better hand, so good for you" sort of way. He didn't seem the slightest bit fazed. Playing with him throughout the day, he seemed very easygoing.

Anyway, yeah, this might be good for poker, as it might be encouraging to middle-aged male recs who will feel like they will actually have a shot against the young hotshot pros.

Of course, the same would have been accomplished if I had won it...

Load Metric
    im sure quite a few of the absolutely dozens of the people who actually pay attention to poker in 2019 will be deeply moved by his victory.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    aww dang. Alex is from here. Woulda been nice.

Alex was holding a Scottish flag during his bustout interview with the luscious Kara Scott.

Would fully understand if he was an American clutching onto another nation's flag. But Canada is a decent & respected country?

sendhimback
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    aww dang. Alex is from here. Woulda been nice.

Alex was holding a Scottish flag during his bustout interview with the luscious Kara Scott.

Would fully understand if he was an American clutching onto another nation's flag. But Canada is a decent & respected country?

sendhimback

The 32-year-old Livingston was the only player not wearing sunglasses, but he did sport a Cabot Links sweatshirt, and a Nova Scotia flag hung over the rail behind him. Dozens of his fans chanted “rum and chess” every time Livingston won a hand (his Twitter handle is @rumnchess).

Name:  1280px-Flag_of_Nova_Scotia.svg.png
Views: 127
Size:  78.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

sendhimback

The 32-year-old Livingston was the only player not wearing sunglasses, but he did sport a Cabot Links sweatshirt, and a Nova Scotia flag hung over the rail behind him. Dozens of his fans chanted “rum and chess” every time Livingston won a hand (his Twitter handle is @rumnchess).

Name:  1280px-Flag_of_Nova_Scotia.svg.png
Views: 127
Size:  78.3 KB

Oh it looked Scottish through my tired eyes.

And the name Alex Livingston feels Scottish as fuck. There's even a football club called Livingston FC who play in the same league as Celtic & Rangers.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I believe Ensan is 55.

I'll always have this moment: https://www.pokernews.com/tours/wsop...ips.296716.htm

I took 20% of his stack in this straightforward hand, and he couldn't have been nicer about it. He smiled, patted me on the back, said, "Nice hand, friend", and got back to doing the color-up.

The "nice hand, friend" didn't seem to be sarcastic or insincere, either. It seemed to be more in the, "You needed this badly and got dealt the better hand, so good for you" sort of way. He didn't seem the slightest bit fazed. Playing with him throughout the day, he seemed very easygoing.

Anyway, yeah, this might be good for poker, as it might be encouraging to middle-aged male recs who will feel like they will actually have a shot against the young hotshot pros.

Of course, the same would have been accomplished if I had won it...

Yours is still bigger:

Name:  0b59adc185d44d03e5593bc1d08fca40.png
Views: 137
Size:  12.0 KB

Thread Information