Thread: Used to have a few minute window for deleting rep, no longer?

Load Metric

Used to have a few minute window for deleting rep, no longer?

This is hardly important, but you've implemented almost every other good suggestion on here, so here's a feature(?) that I would love to have back.

Used to be, if you gave someone rep and wanted to delete it for any reason (wrong color, spelling, etc), you could go to https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/usercp.php and delete the given rep within a few minutes, maybe 5 or so? Maybe only 2? After deleting, you could re-give the rep, change to another color, hels yourself, etc.

Anyway, noticed tonight that you can;t do that anymore. Gave some rep, immed went to my usercp, and could not delete the rep.

If you could give back that deleting window, that'd be pretty cool.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Try it now. I think I got it working again.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Lets find out

Load Metric
    Nice, it works again! Ty.

Load Metric
    Didn't work for me tonight. I gave Salty_Aus rep and misspelled a few words, and kept refreshing my usercp.php page for a minute or 2 to try to correct, but never had the option to delete the rep given.

I know this is the least important feature of this place, but I highly appreciate that you care about these little details at all.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ah, I see what happened.

I used to have a mod in there to display rep you gave in the User Control Panel, which vBulletin didn't used to do on its own.

Then, when I upgraded vBulletin versions earlier this year (I had to, in order to get it to work with the new server), vBulletin obnoxiously auto-disabled that mod.

Why? Because they had written their own code with that same functionality (finally), but the assholes didn't give you a way to delete rep.

So when you brought this to my attention, I force-reenabled the modification, and you saw it "working".

Actually, it was displaying the rep given in TWO different sections on the User CP! The one I modified years ago had the delete button, and the one now built-in did not!

So when you verified it the first time, you looked at the one that had the delete button, and proclaimed it was working. However, last time you looked, you saw the one that didn't, so you said it stopped working. Obviously I don't blame you for this, because it shouldn't have been displaying twice!

I fixed it tonight by simply wiping out what vBulletin added, and leaving my own mod in place.

-----

In short: It should be really fixed now, and you have 5 minutes for rep deletion.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: i love that you actually fix these things. So minor, yet useful as fuck.

Thread Information