Thread: Common practice when I was a Coastie

Load Metric

Common practice when I was a Coastie

When you think of the Coast Guard . You probably think it's an easy part of the military. I assure you it's not. I served during Desert Storm . The ship I was on we spent all of our time in the Caribbean. Worked many jobs with the FBI as they had Undercovers all over down there .

I've seen some shit and participated in some shit you wouldn't believe. Basically you become a police officer for the entire Atlantic Ocean or Pacific Ocean or intercoastal waterways .

Some of the weird things I've witnessed was my chief petty officer get pulled overboard and killed when his leg got stuck on a chain when a buoy was being replaced . I was involved in a sting operation where a drug lord was lured out into international waters and we boarded and arrested and seized .

I will agree the war on drugs is a huge waste of time and money. I can say that I've been to Haiti and Cuba . Picked people out of the ocean in nothing more then intertubes and homemade sail boats. Watched Haitians drown and get eaten by sharks.

I was a US Coast Guardsman .

Historical fact more coasties where killed in Vietnam per capita than any other branch of service .

I will always support our military and all my brothers and sisters in arms.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Support the troops, just not the stupid wars.

Load Metric
    Also for all the Canadians . The best time I ever had on a port of call was when we pulled into Halifax Nova Scotia for four days . Had a complete blast drinking and fooling around in the bars .

Load Metric
    shout out to chaps mom and her snapchat

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post

When you think of the Coast Guard . You probably think it's an easy part of the military. I assure you it's not. I served during Desert Storm . The ship I was on we spent all of our time in the Caribbean. Worked many jobs with the FBI as they had Undercovers all over down there .

I've seen some shit and participated in some shit you wouldn't believe. Basically you become a police officer for the entire Atlantic Ocean or Pacific Ocean or intercoastal waterways .

Some of the weird things I've witnessed was my chief petty officer get pulled overboard and killed when his leg got stuck on a chain when a buoy was being replaced . I was involved in a sting operation where a drug lord was lured out into international waters and we boarded and arrested and seized .

I will agree the war on drugs is a huge waste of time and money. I can say that I've been to Haiti and Cuba . Picked people out of the ocean in nothing more then intertubes and homemade sail boats. Watched Haitians drown and get eaten by sharks.

I was a US Coast Guardsman .

Historical fact more coasties where killed in Vietnam per capita than any other branch of service .

I will always support our military and all my brothers and sisters in arms.
    Jesus Christ that must the cocaine submarine I've been hearing about for all these years.

I'm sure Nova Scotia is a blast but I've heard Newfoundland is like a big Ireland with hockey thrown in

Comments

MumblesBadly: Not hockey; curling.

Load Metric
    are you fucking serious were letting jews in the coast guard now?? COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET

Load Metric
    During the four days in Nova Scotia. Five of us went to watch a semi pro hockey game. We got seats in the front by the glass and about 10 minutes into the game we got kicked out for banging on the glass. Trying to start fights.there was probably 100 people at the game .

Another fun time was in Cuba at Guantanamo bay. Not much to do there when you are off duty . We went to one of the more secluded beaches with a bunch of alcohol and proceeded to get in a brawl with some Marines who thought they where tough guys. We all ended up in some trouble .

Back then we mostly caught marijuana runners . What a waste . Putting our lives on the line for what now is legal in some states .

Load Metric

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    are you fucking serious were letting jews in the coast guard now?? COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET

We are everywhere

Load Metric
    Speaking of 'everywhere', how about updating that fake horse betting thread where you were claiming to be an expert while tossing $2 place bets? How about that thread before starting an bunch of bullshit threads that nobody gives a shit about?

If you had any dignity you would at least bump the thread, admit it was a hoax, and move on.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Great post!!!

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Speaking of 'everywhere', how about updating that fake horse betting thread where you were claiming to be an expert while tossing $2 place bets? How about that thread before starting an bunch of bullshit threads that nobody gives a shit about?

If you had any dignity you would at least bump the thread, admit it was a hoax, and move on.

$2.00 place bets?

I uploaded pictures of all my tickets and proof I was making the wagers . Nobody seemed all that interested so I stopped. What update would you like Tgull?

If nobody gives a shit about what I post why open any of my posts ? Just cruise on past them . I'm perfectly fine if you want to bash me . You always are good for a LOL!

Load Metric
    Here is an Update. TGULL still hates himself and others . You won't bait me into a pissing contest so move along .

Load Metric
    Here is an Update. TGULL still hates himself and others . You won't bait me into a pissing contest so move along .
    Hey dickhead, you were the one that made the post about making horse racing bets off a $5K marker, then you just stopped. You stopped because you either ran out of money or just decided it was too much work. It had nothing to do with forum activity.

STFU, go back to your Coastguard PTSD which candidly has to be the first documented case.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Another great post!!!

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Hey dickhead, you were the one that made the post about making horse racing bets off a $5K marker, then you just stopped. You stopped because you either ran out of money or just decided it was too much work. It had nothing to do with forum activity.

STFU, go back to your Coastguard PTSD which candidly has to be the first documented case.

NiCE TRY!

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 258
Size:  844.0 KB

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Load Metric
    glad you're back gookie

Comments

Gookieheimowitz: Thanks!

Load Metric
    just never heard a Coast Guard guy getting PTSD. Coast Guards I know are roaming Key West looking for novice surfers getting sideways in some surf.

Comments

Gordman: God you are fucking dense

Load Metric
    just never heard a Coast Guard guy getting PTSD. Coast Guards I know are roaming Key West looking for novice surfers getting sideways in some surf.

I know you won't read it but

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5603677/

Load Metric
    lots of different practices. any day now old Cutter Munro hull #724, commissioned in '72 will be transferred to the Bangladeshi Navy after patrolling the north Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea forty seven goddamn years. luckily I participated only 26 months.
    Attached Images Attached Images             

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    lots of different practices. any day now old Cutter Munro hull #724, commissioned in '72 will be transferred to the Bangladeshi Navy after patrolling the north Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea forty seven goddamn years. luckily I participated only 26 months.

There's my Coastie Brother

Load Metric
    Name:  9539629_1456701143.5519.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  101.3 KB

Name:  1000w_q95.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  260.5 KB

Cutter Dallas and Acushnet

I think the Dallas was sold to Taiwan

Both gone and out of service . Acushnet was an old world war 2 salvage ship before it became in service to the coast guard .
    Last edited by Gookieheimowitz; 07-14-2019 at 02:53 AM.

Thread Information