When you think of the Coast Guard . You probably think it's an easy part of the military. I assure you it's not. I served during Desert Storm . The ship I was on we spent all of our time in the Caribbean. Worked many jobs with the FBI as they had Undercovers all over down there .

I've seen some shit and participated in some shit you wouldn't believe. Basically you become a police officer for the entire Atlantic Ocean or Pacific Ocean or intercoastal waterways .

Some of the weird things I've witnessed was my chief petty officer get pulled overboard and killed when his leg got stuck on a chain when a buoy was being replaced . I was involved in a sting operation where a drug lord was lured out into international waters and we boarded and arrested and seized .

I will agree the war on drugs is a huge waste of time and money. I can say that I've been to Haiti and Cuba . Picked people out of the ocean in nothing more then intertubes and homemade sail boats. Watched Haitians drown and get eaten by sharks.

I was a US Coast Guardsman .

Historical fact more coasties where killed in Vietnam per capita than any other branch of service .

I will always support our military and all my brothers and sisters in arms.