Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Received most bullshit ticket in my life on the way back from WSOP

Load Metric
    Do you have a dash cam? was it on?

Load Metric
    good for the NHP, trapped another socal sucka. kiss that money goodbye, los angeleno.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

you could be correct but you also may not.. My niece is a deputy sheriff in Hillsborough County FL and there policy is on traffic stops if there is more then a driver in the vehicle they usually have a second officer as backup just in case of shenanigans by the driver or the possibility of the passenger getting out and causing problems including attacking the officer or shooting them god forbid because a passenger could easily pull a gun secretly without the officer seeing it because they are focused on the driver who committed the moving violation or whatever..
    I was told that this isn't a policy for the NHP in this area, but that the second officer just happened to see the first one, and stopped by.

I don't believe it. He was all ready to go and grab the first person to pass by on the right.
    And I call complete bullshit. You're saying you went to the length to enquire about the policies of the NHP and they bothered to talk to you and agree with you about what someone told you? Every situation is different and would call for different procedures so I don't know who you talked to at the NHP but it might have been the night cleaning crew

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I was told that this isn't a policy for the NHP in this area, but that the second officer just happened to see the first one, and stopped by.

I don't believe it. He was all ready to go and grab the first person to pass by on the right.
    And I call complete bullshit. You're saying you went to the length to enquire about the policies of the NHP and they bothered to talk to you and agree with you about what someone told you? Every situation is different and would call for different procedures so I don't know who you talked to at the NHP but it might have been the night cleaning crew
    You didn't read the story then.

I already explained who I talked to, and why.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Do you have a dash cam? was it on?
    Wow, I forgot I had that on. Provided I didn't already overwrite it by the 4 more hours of driving plus the driving the next day, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, this is a bunch of bullshit.

Somehow my camera didn't record this drive, nor did it record anything since May 24.

Though somehow it recorded 20 minutes sitting in the garage today.

What a piece of shit. Glad I didn't need it for an accident or something.

I'm going to clear it and start fresh, and see if it works better.

Might have to get a new one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay, I see what happened. Sort of.

It only records 2 hours of footage, but that's a limitation of the Micro SD card, and I could always buy another (I probably will).

But also somehow it thinks I wanted to save a bunch of videos from Feb 12-May 24 (not sure how that happened), so it wouldn't overwrite those giving me barely any recording time.

Dumb.

Anyway, I'm going to clear it, start fresh, and probably buy a bigger card.

Load Metric
    If Druff had been a black man, this would have ended differently.

Load Metric
    imagine deleting a post that insinuated you drank half a kombucha and got a dui WILD THAT THIS THREATENS YOU TBONE

Load Metric
    WOW were on page 3 so i was wildly out of line accusing tbone of that and im sorry

todge did not delete that amazing kombucha line

Load Metric
    You fucked yourself by not sorting out your dash cam.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

You didn't read the story then.

I already explained who I talked to, and why.
    I'm sorry, you said the boss you called was one of the officers at the scene and he said you didn't
    slow down significantly or move over, for a second time. The only thing he agreed withwas the initial stop was a single violation. And you scoff at cops having each other's back, in this day and age? It's what they do.
    There is no one let alone a court that would buy your argument. You admitted breaking the law, don't waste anyone's time with this.

BTW cops let a lot of things go but this one is potentially dangerous

Load Metric
    guys i hear druff is deleting posts that imply he likes kombucha, where are we with a day of rage on this?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I was going to post a long explanation about how Druff did the absolute minimum, he slowed down to the fastest he was supposed to be driving on that stretch of road under "normal" conditions, yet he's a victim but have decided Druff won't listen & believe he's right anyway so fuck it.

I will say however, anybody Druff's age who says they've never seen anybody "pull over" or "slow down" in that situation is FULL OF SHIT. Almost everybody did this before it was the law, as evidenced by the many replies in this thread, & they obviously still do now that it is the law even if they don't know it because it's common courtesy. Changing your wording in your response to me to never having seen someone "yank it over" is just silly since we're not talking about avoiding deer suddenly running on the highway. We're talking about drivers seeing lights flashing a half mile ahead & pulling over in a systemic, coordinated manner because they can see what's happening ahead of them.

I'll put that a different way since this is still a poker forum. We're supposed to believe a world class poker player, who's living depends largely on making keen observations of minute things happening around them at a poker table, has never noticed cars "pulling over" when meeting emergency vehicle stopped by the side of the road with their lights flashing? I don't even know what to say to this.

edit: Let me be clear about saying you're full of shit because I don't want that to be your sole takeaway from this post. I don't mean that as you're a fucking liar & a POS with no moral compass for straight up lying. I mean it more in the context of 2 buddies sitting around having a couple beer when you tell the other something they find really hard to believe & they say "come on, you can't be serious" then you insist you are & then they respond with "you're full of shit" & take another swig of beer.
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 07-13-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Just be happy that they didn’t search your car. You’d have to explain the boxloads of tiny toiletries that were “comped” to you during your monthlong stay at the Rio.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Just be happy that they didn’t search your car. You’d have to explain the boxloads of tiny toiletries that were “comped” to you during your monthlong stay at the Rio.
    You forget the caffeine pills and $59,295 in cash available for forfeiture/seizure.

Holy shit that would test the limits to the server for this site.

Load Metric
    Okay, I see what happened. Sort of.

It only records 2 hours of footage, but that's a limitation of the Micro SD card, and I could always buy another (I probably will).

But also somehow it thinks I wanted to save a bunch of videos from Feb 12-May 24 (not sure how that happened), so it wouldn't overwrite those giving me barely any recording time.

Dumb.

Anyway, I'm going to clear it, start fresh, and probably buy a bigger card.
    What kind of dashcam do you have? I have a Blackvue DR650S in my truck with a 128GB card. Can record about 48 hours of footage. While mine is single channel, they sell dual channel versions that record from both front- and back-facing cameras. Also has collision detection and remote Cloud uploading so that if the motion sensor detects that your vehicle was jarred from someone hitting you, you can get alerted through a phone app and remotely view the footage.

And you can get it hardwired to your battery (with its own battery backup in case battery power is low) that enures that it always runs. IMO, it’s the best option if you’ve got an expensive vehicle that you value.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Druff,

It is insane you did not learn of this law, or common sense in 2019.

You ought to be counting your blessings. If a toddler ran out from behind a car and you mowed him over, you'd be in jail for manslaughter and facing 2-5 years and also being destroyed in civil court. Not to mention what would happen to you in jail with that fake Grizzly Adams beard.

It is almost unfathomable that someone would think they could buzz emergency vehicles at 69 MPH and not understand. But lets face fact Druff, you are kinda in a bubble, you made a lot of money online 10 years ago, not much reality applies.

Silver
    Load Metric
    WOW, I could have authored this thread. I received the same bullshit ticket last week. I was headed home about 5 pm right near Vandenberg Air Force Bass. Up ahead I saw 3 base cops pulled over on the shoulder. I was driving about 10 miles under the speed limit. I drove by and next thing I know I see lights behind me. I pull over and the officer says I was belting pulled over for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle. I told her that was bullshit as I pulled over immediately. Then she explained it was for not moving to my left when I passed them on the shoulder. I’ve never heard that in over 30 years of driving.

I’m gonna fight it. Total crap. I talked to a cop friend and he said he has
    Never written that ticket and never will because it’s petty bullshit.

Load Metric
    Really, really awesome Hut decided to repost the longest post in the thread. Just awesome. Good stuff Hut.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Really awesome post!

Thread Information