Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Received most bullshit ticket in my life on the way back from WSOP

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

This was as good as it gets.

The court was going to be a huge pain in the ass to attend in person, to the point where saving the last $98 wouldn't be close to being worth the trouble.

My main concern was turning it into a zero-point ticket, and I was successful in doing so, plus a $100 reduction, without setting foot in the courtroom.

Good enough.
    While it was a frustrating experience, overall it was a fair outcome. And congrats on not getting any points.

Now, in regards to having to slam on your brakes to avoid rear-ending the car in front of you while driving in Canada...

https://www.travelers.com/resources/...owing-distance

This is great in theory, but it doesn't really work when driving on a lot of roads, because if you create a large space in between you and the next vehicle, on a single-lane-each-direction highway, people are going to pass you and jump in front. Then what? Slow down again to create a 3-second space? Rinse and repeat? No thanks.

In practice, very few people maintain this amount of space (or anything near it) on semi-crowded one-lane highways where the speed of traffic is approximately the speed limit.

Again, this "Move Over Law" is needlessly causing people to slam on the brakes on the highway despite no danger in front of them, which is a huge safety hazard being introduced.

At the same time, the law doesn't appear to be saving any lives of law enforcement, for the reasons I already stated earlier.

The law is well-intentioned, but unfortunately both ineffective and somewhat dangerous. That's why it's now been perverted into a money-making opportunity for local departments and counties.

When passing traffic laws, the practical use should be everything. Any law which causes more harm than it solves should not be on the books. Additionally, any law mostly present for revenue also shouldn't be on the books.

Too many people have been tricked into supporting money-generating traffic laws via knee-jerk support for "safety".

Load Metric
    alt right and not shifting left

Load Metric
    This Judge Frank Caprio is a fucking genius. He started allowing cameras in his courtroom to post videos of his compassionate dismissal/reduction of ticky-tack driving and parking violations.

Now he's become an internet celebrity and there's actually going to be a TV show featuring a compilation of these.

The Caprio stuff resonates with everyone because the characters shown are always sympathetic, and localities are often greedy assholes regarding expensive tickets for nonsense violations.
    Interesting. I had no idea that this judge was a prominent online character. I wonder now if the ticket was possibly issued remotely and not by a cop during a traffic stop?

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    i cry when i watch Judge Caprio's "Caught in Providence" tv show sometimes.real humanity the man exhibits. BZ ,bravo zulu, well done Judge.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

While it was a frustrating experience, overall it was a fair outcome. And congrats on not getting any points.

Now, in regards to having to slam on your brakes to avoid rear-ending the car in front of you while driving in Canada...

https://www.travelers.com/resources/...owing-distance

This is great in theory, but it doesn't really work when driving on a lot of roads, because if you create a large space in between you and the next vehicle, on a single-lane-each-direction highway, people are going to pass you and jump in front. Then what? Slow down again to create a 3-second space? Rinse and repeat? No thanks.

In practice, very few people maintain this amount of space (or anything near it) on semi-crowded one-lane highways where the speed of traffic is approximately the speed limit.
    Druff, it is your choice whether to prioritize minimizing drive time over the safety of the people you have in your car. If by yourself in the car and you have decent life and medical insurance, go ahead and ignore thr 3-second rule. But if you have Benjamin or his mom in the car and they get injured because you were following too closely, you only have yourself to blame for being reckless for the sake of your preferred driving style.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information