Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Received most bullshit ticket in my life on the way back from WSOP

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    I was going to type a long post about how druff is completely wrong, but as we all know druff is never wrong even when he's wrong so really nothing would be accomplished and what a waste of time typing that out would be.

Cliffs: Druff. Not wrong since 1972.
    hahaha /endthread

Load Metric
    The law is whatever the police say or choose to enforce.

Watch out for cops on bikes.
    They will pull you over for ANY REASON.
    Even if you didn't do anything wrong, they will write you a $400 ticket ANYWAY.

Next time (if he is honest) Druff is stopped by police.

Last edited by TheXFactor; 07-15-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    I got the same ticket in Missouri, I even got over a bit but the officer (a local cop who hated me) said I didn't get over far enough and gave me the same ticket …
    Chilicothe Missouri Census

As of the
    census[3] of 2010, there were 9,515 people, 3,612 households, 2,146 families and one universally hated idiot residing in the city
    God you are a very stupid drunk … https://www.aa.org/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Too many people in this thread are confusing what is polite/safest/legal for what should be moving violation worthy.

Too many people also ignoring the fact that they are sneakily making ticket (revenue) traps out of this, rather than simply pulling over cars they feel are creating a danger.

Very sad to see that so many people here don't understand that most traffic ticket enforcement tends to be about money and trickery, rather than safety.

To address OSA's point, I was barely speeding prior to seeing the cop on the side. Was probably going about 78mph and slowed to 69 when I saw the cops on the side of the road. Was definitely one of the slower cars on the road. Actually moved over to the right lane because I didn't want to create a hazard for those still driving a lot faster than me. I normally don't even drive in the right lane.

Tons of people zooming by, some driving recklessly, and they choose me to pull over because of that silly trap.

Wouldn't have minded if they pulled me over and gave me a warning (even if they put the warning in the system so I get a ticket for it next time), but a $198 moving violation is complete bullshit.

If you can't see a problem with this, I don't know what to tell you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Too many people in this thread are confusing what is polite/safest/legal for what should be moving violation worthy.

Too many people also ignoring the fact that they are sneakily making ticket (revenue) traps out of this, rather than simply pulling over cars they feel are creating a danger.

Very sad to see that so many people here don't understand that most traffic ticket enforcement tends to be about money and trickery, rather than safety.

To address OSA's point, I was barely speeding prior to seeing the cop on the side. Was probably going about 78mph and slowed to 69 when I saw the cops on the side of the road. Was definitely one of the slower cars on the road. Actually moved over to the right lane because I didn't want to create a hazard for those still driving a lot faster than me. I normally don't even drive in the right lane.

Tons of people zooming by, some driving recklessly, and they choose me to pull over because of that silly trap.

Wouldn't have minded if they pulled me over and gave me a warning (even if they put the warning in the system so I get a ticket for it next time), but a $198 moving violation is complete bullshit.

Druff, this is not 'Nam, this is the highway. There are rules.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    I was going to type a long post about how druff is completely wrong, but as we all know druff is never wrong even when he's wrong so really nothing would be accomplished and what a waste of time typing that out would be.

Cliffs: Druff. Not wrong since 1972.
    Glad we cleared that up.

Comments

wrenchjockey: Because hitting a cop at 69mph is somehow better than hitting a cop at 78.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I normally don't even drive in the right lane..
    Lmfao, Druff digging bigger holes. You do realize you are legally required to drive in the right lane except under certain circumstances right?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I normally don't even drive in the right lane..
    Lmfao, Druff digging bigger holes. You do realize you are legally required to drive in the right lane except under certain circumstances right?
    I'm talking about on major highways, not 2-lane-each-way roads without a divider in shithole Missouri.

On major highways with a divider, you are supposed to drive in the left lane if one of the faster moving vehicles, the middle lanes if an average-speed vehicle, and in the right lane if a slow vehicle.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Glad we cleared that up.
    Do you not understand that there are tons of chickenshit "violations" the cops could pull you over for if they wanted?

Should every minor "violation" be aggressively enforced now with an expensive moving violation ticket?

BTW, if you think about it, this law is stupid anyway, and isn't likely to make much of a safety difference.

Someone who is both aware of this law and consciously wiling to move out of the right lane is probably driving safely, anyway, and is very unlikely to swerve into an officer on the side of the road.

The people who run into side-of-the-road people and vehicles are ones who are either drunk, tired, or not paying attention. These people wouldn't be aware enough to move out of the right lane anyway, even if they knew about the law.

It's like those stupid red light cameras. The accidents due to running red lights are almost always caused by those driving recklessly in the first place (drunk, etc), and those people wouldn't be dissuaded by the presence of cameras.

Just more bullshit to write more tickets in the false name of safety.

Load Metric

I'm talking about on major highways, not 2-lane-each-way roads without a divider in shithole Missouri.
    So I-15 is a major highway in southern Nevada huh? Not a 2 lane in each direction highway?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

Arrow

Druffster, j-welcher *was* talking about driving on major highways. This website details the status of “keep right” laws in each state.

https://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

So I-15 is a major highway in southern Nevada huh? Not a 2 lane in each direction highway?
    I-15 in southern Nevada is a divided highway with more than 2 lanes each direction, yes -- at least the portion between LA and Vegas, and for awhile after you reach Vegas. I forget what it's like after that because I don't drive that stretch much.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Druffster, j-welcher *was* talking about driving on major highways. This website details the status of “keep right” laws in each state.

Then I did exactly what I was supposed to do:

According to that site above:

Nevada:
    Slow-moving vehicles must move right if "imped[ing] ... movement of traffic." Effective July 1, 2017, a vehicle in the left lane of a controlled access highway must move right when a faster vehicle approaches.
    I moved to the right when I slowed to 69 and felt I was impeding the movement of faster traffic behind me.

Load Metric
    Glad we cleared that up.
    Do you not understand that there are tons of chickenshit "violations" the cops could pull you over for if they wanted?

Should every minor "violation" be aggressively enforced now with an expensive moving violation ticket?

BTW, if you think about it, this law is stupid anyway, and isn't likely to make much of a safety difference.

Someone who is both aware of this law and consciously wiling to move out of the right lane is probably driving safely, anyway, and is very unlikely to swerve into an officer on the side of the road.

The people who run into side-of-the-road people and vehicles are ones who are either drunk, tired, or not paying attention. These people wouldn't be aware enough to move out of the right lane anyway, even if they knew about the law.

It's like those stupid red light cameras. The accidents due to running red lights are almost always caused by those driving recklessly in the first place (drunk, etc), and those people wouldn't be dissuaded by the presence of cameras.

JFC. Shut it the fuck down.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    So you don’t normally drive in the right lane, yet on a 3+ lane highway you dove all the way to right to avoid the big bad scary fast cars instead of the completely defenseless parked car on the right shoulder?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Then I did exactly what I was supposed to do:

According to that site above:

Nevada:
    Slow-moving vehicles must move right if "imped[ing] ... movement of traffic." Effective July 1, 2017, a vehicle in the left lane of a controlled access highway must move right when a faster vehicle approaches.
    I moved to the right when I slowed to 69 and felt I was impeding the movement of faster traffic behind me.
    How is it possible that in face of incredible facts, someone cannot see clear of his own bias.

It's hilarious

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh look at this... a website did an article about Move Over Laws basically stating what I have been saying this whole time:

- Most people don't know the laws exist (71% according to a poll done, linked from the article)

- Laws are unlikely to actually affect whether police officers are hurt or killed on the side of the road, and they refuse to release data showing any improvement since these laws were passed

- Traps are everywhere just like the one which got me, where the goal is to raise revenue, not increase safety

https://www.motorists.org/blog/updat...ove-over-laws/

But yeah, it's all about safety and I should be ashamed of myself.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Glad we cleared that up.

Let's start here.....Do you realize that driving in the wrong lane at an average speed is a problem?

The officers, tow truck drivers, etc. do not know how brilliant you are and that you just cashed in a stupid fuck fest.

They see you as an incoming missile with no knowledge of highway laws past 1980

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So you don’t normally drive in the right lane, yet on a 3+ lane highway you dove all the way to right to avoid the big bad scary fast cars instead of the completely defenseless parked car on the right shoulder?
    Yes, I don't normally drive in the right lane, was going fast enough to where driving there wouldn't be warranted, but then slowed down to 69 when I saw cops on the side, and moved to the right lane to avoid impeding traffic and creating a hazard.

Why is that hard to understand?

If you slowed down on the highway to be one of the slower cars all of a sudden, would you still hang out in the left or center lanes just to be an asshole?

Maybe you would.

Thread Information