Thread: Hollywood Dave and Fresh Deck Poker

Load Metric

Hollywood Dave and Fresh Deck Poker

Talked to Hollywood Dave this week (he's working with a new online poker site Fresh Deck Poker) and one of the interesting takeaways form the interview was that the site is giving away $1,000,000 in cash and prizes BEFORE it ever goes live with real money games. [Bold Mine]

PNB: What kind of features and innovations can poker players expect from Fresh Deck Poker?

HD: First of all, you’ve never seen a poker game look like this. Up til now, there hasn’t been anything really revolutionary in the realm of what’s technically and artistically possible for a poker platform. Most of the graphics are trapped in 1997, or (especially when it comes to Facebook games) can become so busy with ads and spam that it’s hard to play the game itself.

We created a really unique table view, with literally millions of combinations of player avatar customizations, and tons of interesting table environments. We also included some fun social gaming elements, like an XP/Level Up system, in-game Challenges, and the ability to seamlessly switch between desktop and Mobile versions of our game.

But the big secret is; we built this from the ground up to be ready for US regulatory changes. We put the highest real-money standards in place so that we can offer real-money poker just as soon as it’s possible. I like to think of Fresh Deck Poker as the best of both worlds: social today, real money tomorrow.

Oh & did I mention we’re giving away a million bucks? Yup. We’re launching with a huge tournament schedule, including tons with real cash prizes. Cuz if a thing’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.
    I don't know much about Idle Games, but I guess they have a very succesful Facebook game called Idle Worship, but $1 million seems like a lot to put on the line...

Here's the full interview, http://pokernewsboy.com/online-poker...with-pnb/12839
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Banned
    Load Metric
    Rofl Hollywood dave reminds me of butterball chicken broth, not the 99% fat free version either

Load Metric
    I would avoid any company that makes terrible business decisions such as having Hollywood Dave as a spokesperson.

Load Metric
    I would put 100% faith in anything Hollywood Dan is promoting.

No way you can lose.
    Last edited by devidee; 07-31-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Load Metric
    This is oozing with revolutionary...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

Very True-Poker-like.

I remember when Dave moved to the Bay Area earlier in the year (or maybe even late last year, I'm forgetting), to work on a "great but secret social media project".

I don't think he's just a spokesperson. He seems very much involved in whatever they're doing, though I don't know his exact role.

I should also say that I actually like Hollywood Dave personally, though I strongly disagree with his UB association and Annie Duke friendship. He's actually very different in person than the asshole character he portrays on TV.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    We also included some fun social gaming elements, like an XP/Level Up system
    So when you get to Level 20 you can cast "mega doomswitch" on Druff and make sure he misses every draw for the next 2 hours?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric

must be alot of limpers in that game. laso, all had to check down to the river. hmmmmm

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Very True-Poker-like.

I remember when Dave moved to the Bay Area earlier in the year (or maybe even late last year, I'm forgetting), to work on a "great but secret social media project".

I don't think he's just a spokesperson. He seems very much involved in whatever they're doing, though I don't know his exact role.

I should also say that I actually like Hollywood Dave personally, though I strongly disagree with his UB association and Annie Duke friendship. He's actually very different in person than the asshole character he portrays on TV.
    Yes from the interview he says he started as a consultant and is now the [paraphrasing] "cardroom manager among other roles" So I think he is involved on a much deeper level and not just a site pro.

And I agree with you that he seems like a really cool guy just from my brief interaction
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Very True-Poker-like.

I hope Hollywood Dave didn't borrow the million dollars from Annie Dukes epic fail freeroll

with elevator shoes
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rollo Tomasi; 07-31-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Thread Information