Thread: Nike: Find Your Greatness commercial series on UK television is phony (shocking, I know...)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Nike: Find Your Greatness commercial series on UK television is phony (shocking, I know...)

So Nike is running a series of commercials called "Find Your Greatness", apparently only in the UK.

There are many commercials to this series, and all deliver a heartwarming message about greatness being achievable by everyone.

So check out this spot:

Notice the girl is wearing a "London" swim cap, implying that she is playing for London and bloodied her nose to score a hard-fought water polo goal.

And while it's not explicitly shown, you are led to believe that she is also the one narrating the piece.

Except she's not.

And she's actually from Orange County, California.

And I don't think she's ever even set foot on English soil.

I know this because I know the girl's sister.

She is an actual water polo player, but had absolutely nothing to do with London or anything in England.

I have to imagine that all of these UK "Find Your Greatness" pieces were filmed in California, and then fed to gullible Brits who believe that Nike is appealing to Mother England.

Reminds me of a story Hollywood Dave told me once. McDonald's came out with some sandwich that had a New York theme to it, but it was only available in the UK. He was in the commercial, which featured him and a few others decked out like typical New Yorkers, spinning records and dancing in an alley between two tall buildings. Only these buildings were really in Los Angeles. Maybe I can find that commercial somewhere... it's really funny.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is why people should not watch American network news, especially, but also take all advertising with a grain of salt.....These ads are running on Canadian TV and show the physically disabled participating in different sports.......and that is all good......nothing wrong with that imo........whatever else you read into it......gahead

Thread Information