Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Couple Denied Being Married in Their Church

Load Metric

Black Couple Denied Being Married in Their Church

Thought this was ridiculous. There isn't even a denial. It's admitted they were denied simply because they are Black.

"Because of the fact that we were black, some of the members of the congregation had got upset and decided that no black couple would ever be married at that church," Charles Wilson told CNN on Sunday night.

Here's the link with a video @ the bottom: http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/20.../20043171.html

This pastor should step down if he doesn't have the balls to do what's right & let a few vocal nutjobs let their racism run rampant. At least that's what they are trying to portray. Maybe it's a strong majority of the congregation. Who knows for sure.

Discuss.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Fuck, I guessed Alabama but it was Mississippi.

Load Metric
    Private organizations don't have the right to choose their members? If the church decides that people with blue eyes aren't welcome, what business is it of anybody else's? They don't tell you how to run organizations you belong to, who are you to tell them how to run theirs? It's racist, bigoted and foolish, but it's their church. Let em run it how they see fit.

Load Metric
    LOL I thought it was going to be about a gay black couple trying to marry. Really? Are there still places that give two shits about skin color? I feel like we haven't advanced as a civilization at all other than the invention of the smart phone and a few other nifty little gadgets. SFsad.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    LOL I thought it was going to be about a gay black couple trying to marry. Really? Are there still places that give two shits about skin color? I feel like we haven't advanced as a civilization at all other than the invention of the smart phone and a few other nifty little gadgets. SFsad.
    you have obviously never been to the south

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post
    you have obviously never been to the south
    Would not survive more than a week there, obv. I'd speak my mind and have the living shit beat out of me before I ever moved in all my furniture.

Load Metric
    Racism is so rampant in the South, makes me sick.

I've trained myself to stomach all of the idiotic things I hear on an almost daily basis because it's beyond futile to argue with racists.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Private organizations don't have the right to choose their members? If the church decides that people with blue eyes aren't welcome, what business is it of anybody else's? They don't tell you how to run organizations you belong to, who are you to tell them how to run theirs? It's racist, bigoted and foolish, but it's their church. Let em run it how they see fit.
    Name:  Get the Fuck Out of Here.bmp
Views: 4025
Size:  75.1 KB None of my fucking gifs work.

These people are members of the church. They are not outsiders just deciding on a whim that they want to be married in this church. The pastor is on record of saying he felt is was wrong to deny them to get married in the church. Why would the pastor kowtow to a small minority of the congregation unless that's a lie & it was the large majority of the congregation.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Racism is so rampant in the South, makes me sick.

I've trained myself to stomach all of the idiotic things I hear on an almost daily basis because it's beyond futile to argue with racists.
    I know you are right but there would most certainly come a time that I would have to say something. I feel like I am being suffocated/tortured when I hear ignorant racist spew... it's too much to hold inside.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

These people are members of the church. They are not outsiders just deciding on a whim that they want to be married in this church. The pastor is on record of saying he felt is was wrong to deny them to get married in the church. Why would the pastor kowtow to a small minority of the congregation unless that's a lie & it was the large majority of the congregation.
    They were not members of the church, though they attended frequently. Regardless of what percentage of the church did or didn't agree with it, it's the churches decision. I don't even agree with it. But I think it's their right to choose who does or doesn't get married there. If the church decides they don't want blacks to be married there, it's their decision, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Burn that building to the ground..

Load Metric
    They were not members of the church, though they attended frequently. Regardless of what percentage of the church did or didn't agree with it, it's the churches decision. I don't even agree with it. But I think it's their right to choose who does or doesn't get married there. If the church decides they don't want blacks to be married there, it's their decision, regardless of how ridiculous it is.
    This might be astupid question & might just be a Canadian thing but WTF does this mean.

If this is your chosen church to attend doesn't that make you a member. I'm serious, is there some other criteria you have to meet to be considered a member of the congregation?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    This might be astupid question & might just be a Canadian thing but WTF does this mean.

If this is your chosen church to attend doesn't that make you a member. I'm serious, is there some other criteria you have to meet to be considered a member of the congregation?
    Lol. I have no clue. I thought the same thing. I am just going by what I read. Maybe you need to contribute $ to be a member? I honestly don't know. Common sense would dictate that if you attend the church on a regular basis, you would be considered a member. I'm an atheist, so I really don't have an answer for that question. Maybe having black people sit on a pew is more acceptable than having a bunch of them there for a wedding? I don't know.

Load Metric

Really? It's a church - practicing Christian tenets. Christians preach love and salvation for everyone - that's the crux of their message. It's absolute hypocrisy for one, and for another, I'm fairly certain the couple would have to pay to get married there, which makes it a business. No American business should be able to discriminate against its customers based on race. The fact that churches are outside the law in this regard AND don't pay taxes based on some bullshit Puritan ideal is an outrage IMO.

Load Metric

Really? It's a church - practicing Christian tenets. Christians preach love and salvation for everyone - that's the crux of their message. It's absolute hypocrisy for one, and for another, I'm fairly certain the couple would have to pay to get married there, which makes it a business. No American business should be able to discriminate against its customers based on race. The fact that churches are outside the law in this regard AND don't pay taxes based on some bullshit Puritan ideal is an outrage IMO.
    Calling a church a business is really reaching. It's a private organization. Just like the Boy Scouts don't allow gays. It's their organization. If you don't like it, you are more than free to start one yourself and allow whomever you want. But just because you don't agree with their beliefs, that doesn't make them illegal.

Load Metric
    Lol. I have no clue. I thought the same thing. I am just going by what I read. Maybe you need to contribute $ to be a member? I honestly don't know. Common sense would dictate that if you attend the church on a regular basis, you would be considered a member. I'm an atheist, so I really don't have an answer for that question. Maybe having black people sit on a pew is more acceptable than having a bunch of them there for a wedding? I don't know.
    Enough said.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Calling a church a business is really reaching. It's a private organization. Just like the Boy Scouts don't allow gays. It's their organization. If you don't like it, you are more than free to start one yourself and allow whomever you want. But just because you don't agree with their beliefs, that doesn't make them illegal.
    Yeah, instead of a business, call it a house of discrimination, bigotry and shame.......burn it

Load Metric
    I really disagree. It IS a business, and I can't see how you'd argue otherwise. Have you ever belonged to a church? Your contributions, from membership dues to all the myriad contributions solicited from you, support the organization, it's employee salaries, the rent and utilities they pay for the building, etc. At some point, churches and religious organizations need to be held accountable.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Suck on a shotgun marti. Thanks.
    Last edited by bukowski72; 07-31-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Load Metric

I really disagree. It IS a business, and I can't see how you'd argue otherwise. Have you ever belonged to a church? Your contributions, from membership dues to all the myriad contributions solicited from you, support the organization, it's employee salaries, the rent and utilities they pay for the building, etc. At some point, churches and religious organizations need to be held accountable.
    Not saying it isn't a racket. Not saying that they aren't crooks. That's why I'm an atheist. But that doesn't change the fact that it's theirs. You don't want them pushing their views on you, just like they don't want you pushing your views on them. It doesn't affect you, why do you care so much? Let them have their racist church. People are always gonna be racist. Best to just accept it and move on.

Thread Information