Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2019-20 thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Meh. The way I see it, when 99% of the league loves Pop, I'm not believing the 1 guy who wanted out. Pop even got flaky-ass momma's boy LaMarcus back on the train when he started his usual pouting.

I think Kawhi is just a strange dude who doesn't trust too many people. He pulled off wanting to go home like he was dodging the draft for Vietnam; he refused to show up for duty, hid in Canada for a year, now back home in LA again.
    tony “my calf injury was 1000 times worse than kawhi’s” parker destroyed that team

Philly is an imperfect team with the shooting issues, but this couldn’t have broken any better for you. I think Sixers/Bucks are pretty clear chalk at this point, and given you guys are +1000 every time Embiid is on the court, the ability to slide over Horford and stagger minutes is huge. Richardson is good too, and a good fit on a reasonable contract. Sixers and Bucks should be a tier above the pack.

Comments

blake: agreed

Platinum
    Load Metric
    BTW sports fans just something to chew on...

Kawhi played 60 games in the regular season last year...
    Paul George could possibly miss the start of the season after having his shoulder operated on...

Kawhi ain’t playin any more than 60-65 games next year...

If you get an inflated LAC O/U in the mid 50s I think it’s a slam dunk under...

Pissed I didn’t check it out pre FA, but I would guess it’s gonna go up..:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Paul George could possibly miss the start of the season after having his shoulder operated on...

The Raptors were 17-5, a 63 win pace, in games Kawhi missed for "load management" & 41-19, a 56 win pace, in games he played so unless you think the Clippers supporting cast is significantly worse after the Paul George trade, it might be because I have no idea, not sure I would touch that. There are still a lot of shitty teams in the league.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Other Side Of The Argument Rep
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

The Raptors were 17-5, a 63 win pace, in games Kawhi missed for "load management" & 41-19, a 56 win pace, in games he played so unless you think the Clippers supporting cast is significantly worse after the Paul George trade, it might be because I have no idea, not sure I would touch that. There are still a lot of shitty teams in the league.
    Yeah had a buddy of mine give me the same argument...

Definitely hear it, but the east was shiiiiit last year...now you’re going into a much tougher conference where I think GS was the only team to win over 55 and they only won 57...just think that these teams are gonna really discount the regular season to focus on being in prime shape for the payoffs...

If I get laid a price at 55.5 or over gonna have a tough time saying no to it...

Definitely not married to the idea just thought it might be a decent play given the standings from this past year and the load management shit..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

tony “my calf injury was 1000 times worse than kawhi’s” parker destroyed that team

Philly is an imperfect team with the shooting issues, but this couldn’t have broken any better for you. I think Sixers/Bucks are pretty clear chalk at this point, and given you guys are +1000 every time Embiid is on the court, the ability to slide over Horford and stagger minutes is huge. Richardson is good too, and a good fit on a reasonable contract. Sixers and Bucks should be a tier above the pack.
    the sixers got better, even with losing jimmy butler. the bucks got much worse by losing mirotic and brogdon

they may not win the top seed in the east due to resting embiid, but barring injury, i actually think philly is the best team in the east by a lot.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    possibility russ might be moving to MIA...

I just don't see him and jimmy ending well...
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 07-11-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

not MIA, but HOU for chris paul…

fuck the regular season, gimmie 8 months of this shit and ill be thoroughly entertained...

dantoni must love this trade...russ can't shoot 3s for shit...

Load Metric

fuck the regular season, gimmie 8 months of this shit and ill be thoroughly entertained...

OKC early contender for first pick in the draft

Platinum
    Load Metric

OKC early contender for first pick in the draft
    yeah...

wow for paul...talk about being exiled to the worst situation possible...

too lazy to look, know it would be hard to do, but wonder if presti is gonna look to flip paul to somebody and throw in a pick for the trouble of taking on that shit contract...if they end up keeping him for the duration what a way to end a career...

don't understand how this makes HOU better...especially for the way dantoni plays...

Load Metric

Yeah had a buddy of mine give me the same argument...

Definitely hear it, but the east was shiiiiit last year...now you’re going into a much tougher conference where I think GS was the only team to win over 55 and they only won 57...just think that these teams are gonna really discount the regular season to focus on being in prime shape for the payoffs...

If I get laid a price at 55.5 or over gonna have a tough time saying no to it...

Definitely not married to the idea just thought it might be a decent play given the standings from this past year and the load management shit..
    Solid,solid,solid.

Made me look. Maybe some day

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I think there is going to be a lot of "load management" from good teams and bad teams, for different reasons. The good teams to rest players for the playoffs and the bad teams to increase their lottery odds. I think the flattened out structure is going to make the tanking worse instead of better, because now 15 teams are gonna have a reason to tank instead of 2-3.

I think regular season basketball is going to be extremely meh quality this year, with a lot of players missing a lot of games.

Load Metric
    Everyones saying Miami, but Paul to the Lakers seems to make the most sense.

Although, come to think of it, I don't think the Lakers have anyone eligible to be traded right now, besides Lebron and Kuzma.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Everyones saying Miami, but Paul to the Lakers seems to make the most sense.

Although, come to think of it, I don't think the Lakers have anyone eligible to be traded right now, besides Lebron and Kuzma.
    yeah all the guys they just signed can't be traded until December...

don't see how this all works...they gut the entire bench and send to OKC, then rely on signing guys from the G league until the buyout market develops?

that $40+M salary is tough to match up...

Load Metric
    What a bizarre move for everyone involved. Paul is better and one of the best pure pg’s of all time when healthy, but his health is unpredictable and his contract is aids so I can see wanting to move it, but that trade just feels like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. If Westbrook can at all play within a team concept it would be a good move as he has more miles left than Paul, but he’s shown an unwillingness to do that ever. He’s played amazingly selfish basketball for a long time. I wouldn’t want him if I’m Morey unless he called me up and said ,” I’m so sick of chasing stats and just want to win.” Not at the price they paid. Those picks are likely to convert at some point given the timeframe and that the rockets owner isn’t that rich by current nba owner standards. He can’t just spend $200 in tax every year to make sure they don’t fall off a cliff. Just a weird trade. All depends on how you value westbrook. I don’t value him highly. I wouldn’t give up my future picks for another bad contract to move my own bad contract.

Load Metric
    What a bizarre move for everyone involved. Paul is better and one of the best pure pg’s of all time when healthy, but his health is unpredictable and his contract is aids so I can see wanting to move it, but that trade just feels like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. If Westbrook can at all play within a team concept it would be a good move as he has more miles left than Paul, but he’s shown an unwillingness to do that ever. He’s played amazingly selfish basketball for a long time. I wouldn’t want him if I’m Morey unless he called me up and said ,” I’m so sick of chasing stats and just want to win.” Not at the price they paid. Those picks are likely to convert at some point given the timeframe and that the rockets owner isn’t that rich by current nba owner standards. He can’t just spend $200 in tax every year to make sure they don’t fall off a cliff. Just a weird trade. All depends on how you value westbrook. I don’t value him highly. I wouldn’t give up my future picks for another bad contract to move my own bad contract.
    I think Morey is ready to move in; that new Houston owner seems unhinged and this feels more like a 'fuck it, all in' move versus being a calculated one.

Or the CP3/Harden pairing was too toxic to move forward and this was the only way out.

Does anyone expect Westbrook to adapt his game and defer to Harden, the far superior player now?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I think Morey is ready to move in; that new Houston owner seems unhinged and this feels more like a 'fuck it, all in' move versus being a calculated one.

Or the CP3/Harden pairing was too toxic to move forward and this was the only way out.

Does anyone expect Westbrook to adapt his game and defer to Harden, the far superior player now?
    Feels like this has to be the main reason. That, and paying someone $40 + million that is actually still playing versus what Paul may be in 2 years. I can’t see Westbrook changing, and a healthy Paul is better in playoffs than any Westbrook, but a healthy Paul is very hit or miss at this point and can’t be relied on. Not to mention he’s a head case. But man I love Paul’s game when he’s on. Just a beautiful player. That time has simply passed him by except for an occasional night unfortunately

Load Metric
    Until this latest trade I totally confused Chris Paul with Paul George.

Also, weren't Harden & Westbrook mortal enemies when they were with the Thunder or was that Durant?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Until this latest trade I totally confused Chris Paul with Paul George.

Also, weren't Harden & Westbrook mortal enemies when they were with the Thunder or was that Durant?
    id guess Durant...at that point in his career I think harden was just the 'happy to be there guy' (for lack of a better phrase) and not the killer he is today......

id argue at that point in time he was probably 4th in the pecking order behind ibaka...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Feels like this has to be the main reason. That, and paying someone $40 + million that is actually still playing versus what Paul may be in 2 years. I can’t see Westbrook changing, and a healthy Paul is better in playoffs than any Westbrook, but a healthy Paul is very hit or miss at this point and can’t be relied on. Not to mention he’s a head case. But man I love Paul’s game when he’s on. Just a beautiful player. That time has simply passed him by except for an occasional night unfortunately
    I am a massive Chris Paul fan - he went to my high school and we scrimmaged a fair amount. We were acquaintances. He was considered an excellent player but didnt draw interest from the bigger ACC schools due to his height. No one thought he would become an NBA superstar.

People forget now because he's mercurial and no longer elite but he crushed it through his NO tenure and for most of his Clippers time as well. Those Clippers teams could never put it together.

It's always been weird to me that he's basically the biggest dick in the league. I didn't play varsity but knew him well and he couldn't have been more friendly and down to earth.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Insider Rep
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    well didn't think this would happen...thought i'd be able to leg into this position…guess ill turn my attention to the clippers...56.5...

guess vegas thought the way I thought about pelinka's ability to fill out a bench around LeBron and AD...fucking pissed now...

Name:  Capture122.PNG
Views: 323
Size:  13.6 KB
    Name:  Capture121.PNG
Views: 260
Size:  8.6 KB

Thread Information