Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2019-20 thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The only non-high-profile account followed by RDAmbition is shane_wd.

Shane is apparently a mod on Reddit /r/lakers

Interesting.

Anyone know what the RD in RDAmbition stands for?
    the rumor is that it stands for Riley Drexel, which is the name of one of jeanie's nephews (janie buss's son). again, no idea if this is true, but the internet seems convinced of it based on very old reddit postings. he deleted his reddit account when this all came out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So I just used a trick someone used in the past to confirm suspected identities from Twitter.

The ol' "reset password" trick where it offers to text the account owner, and reveals like the last 2 digits of the phone number. Then you attempt to find that person's phone number and see if it matches.

Only problem is that others already tried this, as the account has "exceeded the maximum number of reset attempts" lol.

Did anyone post their findings after trying this?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So I just used a trick someone used in the past to confirm suspected identities from Twitter.

The ol' "reset password" trick where it offers to text the account owner, and reveals like the last 2 digits of the phone number. Then you attempt to find that person's phone number and see if it matches.

Only problem is that others already tried this, as the account has "exceeded the maximum number of reset attempts" lol.

Did anyone post their findings after trying this?
    I don’t know anything about this, but I remember this kid a few years ago when I was watching the Lebron to Lakers thing and it’s definitely that kid Blake named. He had stuff linked at that time which included pictures of him and Jeannie in family photos and shit. Whether he’s right or wrong or jumping the gun I have no idea, but he’s the late doctor’s grandson and her nephew.

Load Metric
    apparently he had horford to the sixers before anyone else too

Load Metric

No one would have dreamed that Kawhi would go to the Raptors.

I'm sorry but they just won the championship and have the pieces to do it again.

Even signed a Eurodonk 3 pt wizard (47%).

Load Metric
    as a sixer fan i'm torn. i want kawhi out of the east. on the other hand, fuck the lakers obviously

Load Metric
    Jeanie Buss was the last to know Magic was leaving.

I can’t give this shit any weight personally, but game on.

What I found amusing was that my book only offered futures on 29 NBA teams. #Courage

Lakerssodysfunctional

Platinum
    Load Metric

just for you blake…$34M per for a guy who doesn't have the willingness to shoot the ball...gotta love the NBA...

Load Metric
    Lebrons guys are not so subtly confirming kawhi every few hours on twitter. Itd be pretty embarassing if it doesnt happen.

Comments

Sanlmar: Arghhhhhhhh. Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

just for you blake…$34M per for a guy who doesn't have the willingness to shoot the ball...gotta love the NBA...
    FG% for the 2019 playoffs 0.62
    Career FG% 0.550"ish

His shooting will improve. This kid has the potential to be extra special IMO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Lebrons guys are not so subtly confirming kawhi every few hours on twitter. Itd be pretty embarassing if it doesnt happen.
    Odds to win Championship

Lakers are back up on futures in my world @ +175.
    They were not listed last night

Clippers are +1600
    Clippers were +1200 last night

So last night was similar to one side of a bet getting frozen (cause it’s a lock) and the other side remaining open if you should feel inclined to make a donation at bad prices

Story checks out

Arghhhhhhhhh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Odds to win Championship

Lakers are back up on futures in my world @ +175.
    They were not listed last night

Clippers are +1600
    Clippers were +1200 last night

So last night was similar to one side of a bet getting frozen (cause it’s a lock) and the other side remaining open if you should feel inclined to make a donation at bad prices

Story checks out

Arghhhhhhhhh
    Yea its ugly. How many units on LAL U66?
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Kawhi adds 12 wins? I think I would just surrender and pass on this good value. I just wouldn’t follow for another year.

I think I heard the Kawhi Clippers v LBJ Ad Lakers described as a “corridor rivalry”. Why wouldn’t this be the best outcome?

Adam Silver is all over the social media & NBA soap opera 24/7/365. I like him a lot.

Consider this: rejecting the deal for impropriety (aka LA gross incompetence) would provide the same sort of commissioner vs big cap franchise that Goodell successfully employed years ago with Brady to spin NFL drama 365. That was kind of revolutionary

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

FG% for the 2019 playoffs 0.62
    Career FG% 0.550"ish

His shooting will improve. This kid has the potential to be extra special IMO.
    had to look, but he's shot 17 3s total in his last two regular seasons...doesn't really mean a damn in the regular season when everybody is just going through the motions, but once you get to the playoffs and the Stevens/nurses/buds/pops of the league have a chance to poke holes in your game and exploit your weaknesses it won't end well...

remains to be seen if he'll bust his ass in the offseason to add that to his game...

Comments

DirtyErnie:

Load Metric
    oh ben is borderline unplayable in the playoffs because of his lack of a jumpshot. i want him traded.

that said, i agree with offering him the max due to his potential. if you offered him less, he'd get super-emotional and will silently quit on the team

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Kawhi adds 12 wins? I think I would just surrender and pass on this good value. I just wouldn’t follow for another year.

I think I heard the Kawhi Clippers v LBJ Ad Lakers described as a “corridor rivalry”. Why wouldn’t this be the best outcome?

Adam Silver is all over the social media & NBA soap opera 24/7/365. I like him a lot.

Consider this: rejecting the deal for impropriety (aka LA gross incompetence) would provide the same sort of commissioner vs big cap franchise that Goodell successfully employed years ago with Brady to spin NFL drama 365. That was kind of revolutionary
    I was just throwing out a bloated #

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    oh ben is borderline unplayable in the playoffs because of his lack of a jumpshot. i want him traded.

that said, i agree with offering him the max due to his potential. if you offered him less, he'd get super-emotional and will silently quit on the team
    honestly don't think a trade would be a bad idea...I just don't understand why they spunked all that money on Al given they have embiid…

guess it's one of those things where they have to offer this contract even though it's ugly...if he doesn't get a jumper by the end of this contract and they sign him again then you have some major downs going on in that front office...

Load Metric
    Well to be clear id guess that lebron and co were deinitely convinced kawhi was a laker but given that hes in toronto today id say its no sure thing.

Load Metric
    Sanlmar-
    538 has the kawhi lakers at 53w,the 4th best roster of all time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

Ive enjoyed watching the sixers recently but expecting ben to start shooting well at this point seems like a longshot. This will be his 5th year right? I know guys like jkidd have turned that part of their games around but this dude is nowhere close. I get why they had to give him the max but if they dont figure out how to use him correctly he will never be a factor late in big games. Right now i dont see anything better than a poor mans draymond which makes for a fine starter i guess but how far can they go with him as #2?

Thread Information