Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2019-20 thread

Load Metric
    Portland is trash. I hate Hassan Whiteside more than any player in recent memory.

Good year to splurge on lower level season tix..
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    im really glad I didn't get a chance to put more down on the lakers under...

they're fucking trying which I wasn't expecting...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

We learned last year that Lebron couldn't do it by himself anymore. As long as Lebron + AD can stay healthy then maybe something will happen.

They need some better 3 point shooting if they want to win the Championship. Danny Green is one but they need one more at least.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

We learned last year that Lebron couldn't do it by himself anymore. As long as Lebron + AD can stay healthy then maybe something will happen.

They need some better 3 point shooting if they want to win the Championship. Danny Green is one but they need one more at least.
    AD is already dinged up so I got that going for me...

wasn't expecting much more outta these guys than 65 games played...as far as I know they haven't had any rest days yet...so if they don't start sitting soon im in trouble...at least I got the inflated 54.5 so I have a little wiggle room...51.5, that seems like fuck city right now...

chatter is that they're gonna get iggy somehow...wont help their shooting, but would give them a nice starting 5...gotta think that there's gonna be some 3 point shooting that comes online in the buyout market...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can tell you from watching the Lakers so far that they're not as good as their record shows. They've looked very inconsistent, and just aren't dominating games. They have won by more than 9 points only twice.

The team is still thin, though Dwight Howard has been better than expected, so that has helped.

This is a playoff team for sure (finally), and there is no dominant team in the NBA this year, so I wouldn't count them out for a title. But I wouldn't say that the dominant Lakers of yesterday are back. At least not yet.

Interestingly, getting Lebron is what led to getting AD, so that's some extra value they got out of the huge Lebron contract. Of course, AD may leave, but Lebron might be the reason the stays around (plus players just like playing in LA).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Two things.

First of all, Lakers are 16-2, but it's the least dominating 16-2 I've ever seen. They are winning so many of these games via comebacks or close margins.

Second, Kyrie just posted this:

Load Metric
    Nothing about dinosaurs. Boston was brutal tonight. Makes you proud

However...

The guy is mentally ill. He’s getting worse it appears. I think most people will chill out on Kyrie.

Boston didn’t get fucked up by him. The Nets are okay without him.

Adam Silver is pretty sensitive to this kind of thing and will help with PR. I bet he amazes.

Load Metric
    I didn’t watch the Celtics.

I watched almost all of the Lakers Pelicans. It was a great game. I sat there wishing they were all like that. I have watched very little NBA these past 2 years.

Whoever the announcers were (there was a Van Gundy) they spent a great deal of time discussing the declining viewership and load management. Last year’s All Stars have appeared in roughly 200 of the last 300 games.

I was really impressed how bold the announcers were in their criticism.

LeBron playing on the West Coast is offered as a contributing factor. Too late for ROW to watch.

A reduced regular season and new playoff format is being discussed these past few days. I guess it’s serious now

Platinum
    Load Metric
    aight at the quarter pole so see where my bill simmons inspired bets are at:

LOOKIN' GOOD BILLY RAY
    Golden State U 47.5 +100...4-18...on pace for 15 wins...I mean whatever I've been fucked by injuries before so nice to have one go my way...be nice to take this one to the window by February...
    New York Knicks U 27.5 -122...4-17...on pace for 15 wins...was good to see the drama bomb a few weeks ago with their GM having a press conference after a game basically throwing their coach under a bus...same ol' sorry ass fucking knicks...
    Miami to win the Southeast -118...6 games up in the division after 19 games...biggest regret was not firing on these guys to go over 43.4/44.5...I love spo and just had a fucking huge brain fart that jimmy butler would be able to be "the guy" on a 45 win team...

FEELIN' OK LOUIS
    Philly O 54.5 -110...15-6...on pace for 59 wins...started to get a little nervous when they lost 5 of 7 at the tail end of their west coast trip, but they've since reeled off 8 of 9 and are still undefeated at home...they stay healthy should be fine...
    Houston O 53.5 -139...13-6...on pace for 56 wins...this was the bet that I loved the most...barring injury russ/harden will both play 75+ games and russ will treat a random ass game in the middle of February in charlotte as game 7 of the finals...these guys were built to romp through the regular season...
    Washington U 27.5 -150...6-12...on pace for 27 wins...hoping the dog days of February and march will really start to put the hammer down on this one...

WHAT THE FUCK?
    Charlotte U 23.5 -110...8-14...on pace for 30 wins...I still look at this roster and wonder how the hell im so far behind on this bet...they're fucking paying like $16-18M to bismack biyambo to be their fucking BACKUP CENTER!!!

BEYOND WHAT THE FUCK
    LA Lakers U 54.5 -115...17-3...on pace for 70 wins...suffice it to say I didn't see this coming at all...LeBron has played all 20 games, brow has played 19...both are averaging 35 minutes a game...I thought they might play somewhere in the mid/high 60s...I guess they don't see any need to load manage either guy...figured by this point passive aggressive LeBron would be in full force being pissed off at their shitty supporting cast, but when you win 17 of 20 that really doesn't come to light...im just glad this was only a half unit bet...

Comments

ErickAA: I’ll do mine too at some point. Also Simmons inspired so a lot of overlap. Also, don’t doubt out a Laker regression. Their schedule has been super soft and 1 injury could change a lot.

Load Metric
    Saw my Bucks bet won tonight so catching up on Bucks-Knicks.

The Knicks..my god. It's astounding that they still have a fanbase after 20 years of Dolan.

This guy could sell the team for more than 4 billion, btw.

Just a completely aimless franchise with bad young players, wayward vets and absolutely zero identity.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

The Knicks..my god. It's astounding that they still have a fanbase after 20 years of Dolan.

Just a completely aimless franchise with bad young players, wayward vets and absolutely zero identity.
    I think they are the actual worst-run franchise in all of major pro sports in the past 20 years.

It's not like this is some small-market team which has to scrape by with what it can afford. This is a huge market organization which has just made every dumb move possible, and wasted gobs of money, year after year.

The Lakers were actually starting to head into that territory, but they grabbed Lebron and then backed into getting Davis because Lebron was there, and suddenly they're a championship contender again.

But the Knicks... Lord knows when they will finally do something right.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Lakers only lost 1 game in November. But they also only played 2 teams that weren’t crap and went 1-1 in those games (Dallas, Toronto). This month they already lost to Dallas at home and have 8 more games against good teams, including a long road trip. This could get ugly real fast.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I think they are the actual worst-run franchise in all of major pro sports in the past 20 years.

It's not like this is some small-market team which has to scrape by with what it can afford. This is a huge market organization which has just made every dumb move possible, and wasted gobs of money, year after year.

The Lakers were actually starting to head into that territory, but they grabbed Lebron and then backed into getting Davis because Lebron was there, and suddenly they're a championship contender again.

But the Knicks... Lord knows when they will finally do something right.
    The owner is a giant asshat and noone who has other options wants to play for him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So I think I'm about done with Frontier as a TV provider.

Was bad enough that they don't carry the Dodgers (though very few do, aside from the owner of the TV rights, Spectrum, due to a long-running dispute).

Now they don't carry the Lakers, either. This has been season-long. I just haven't mentioned it unti now. If I want to see the Clippers, I still can.

Now that the Lakers are worth watching again, it sucks that I can't see them unless it's a nationally televised game. Spectrum carries both the Lakers and Dodgers.

Frontier also has notoriously horrendous customer service, to where even Spectrum's flawed customer service looks great by comparison. Anyway, I keep getting all these great offers to switch, and I've resisted simply because it's a pain in the ass. But I think it's time to pull the trigger.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So I think I'm about done with Frontier as a TV provider.

Was bad enough that they don't carry the Dodgers (though very few do, aside from the owner of the TV rights, Spectrum, due to a long-running dispute).

Now they don't carry the Lakers, either. This has been season-long. I just haven't mentioned it unti now. If I want to see the Clippers, I still can.

Now that the Lakers are worth watching again, it sucks that I can't see them unless it's a nationally televised game. Spectrum carries both the Lakers and Dodgers.

Frontier also has notoriously horrendous customer service, to where even Spectrum's flawed customer service looks great by comparison. Anyway, I keep getting all these great offers to switch, and I've resisted simply because it's a pain in the ass. But I think it's time to pull the trigger.
    Youtube TV doesn't offer Lakers either, FYI in case you were considering going in that direction.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Lakers only lost 1 game in November. But they also only played 2 teams that weren’t crap and went 1-1 in those games (Dallas, Toronto). This month they already lost to Dallas at home and have 8 more games against good teams, including a long road trip. This could get ugly real fast.
    Road wins at Denver, Utah (back to back) and then Portland (a Lakers killing ground the past several years)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Who fucking gives a shit

also todge get spectrum its great and you can todge them down so unless you need dvrs like ur 57 you can get them to just let you use the app on ur roku tv cuz you obviously have roku and instead of like 280 a month its like 170 and you can pick the channels

but yea spectrum fires
    Last edited by lol wow; 12-08-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Load Metric
    Also what kind of idiot has frontier cable

Load Metric
    Frontier Cable doesn't offer the Dodger games?! Thought they did
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    twc channel 787 you idiot

Thread Information