Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 274

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2019-20 thread

  1. #201
    Bronze cleatus's Avatar
    Reputation
    29
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    45 is a traitor & pence is a homo
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lebron James is almost 35, and his body has a lot of wear on it because he's been in the NBA since 2003 (!!)

    He didn't look quite right last night. Now, it's true that his teams usually start off slow, and it's true that they were facing a good Clippers defense, but it really is possible that his age is finally showing.

    Lebron can't be Lebron forever. People are taking or granted how much basketball players tend to decline in their mid-30s.
    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/10/27/lebron-james-hair-falls-out-during-lakers-game-anthony-davis-helps-out-video/

    why not
    Name:  mullet.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  99.8 KB


     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: I needed a laugh. Thx man

  2. #202
    curry breaks his left hand tonight...

    let the tanking begin...

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    curry breaks his left hand tonight...

    let the tanking begin...
    Could you imagine if they fall into a lottery spot and are able to grab a #1-3 pick?

    Losing Durant, Thompson and Curry really hurts. I always wondered if they would trade Russell if he didn't gel, however now they need him badly.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    curry breaks his left hand tonight...

    let the tanking begin...
    Could you imagine if they fall into a lottery spot and are able to grab a #1-3 pick?

    Losing Durant, Thompson and Curry really hurts. I always wondered if they would trade Russell if he didn't gel, however now they need him badly.

    they need to trade deangelo even more now, just to solidify their top 5 draft pick

    #trusttheprocess

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

    Could you imagine if they fall into a lottery spot and are able to grab a #1-3 pick?

    Losing Durant, Thompson and Curry really hurts. I always wondered if they would trade Russell if he didn't gel, however now they need him badly.

    they need to trade deangelo even more now, just to solidify their top 5 draft pick

    #trusttheprocess
    that would be interesting...think they're gonna have to wait until after dec. 15 to trade him because they just traded for him(??)...I could be wrong about that...

    the chatter is that the t'wolves would be looking to upgrade their PG spot, so paul was talked about for them...also Miami, but don't know if there's enough salary there to match up...if de'angelo came on the market that would be an interesting little kink in the old trade machine...you know riley isn't afraid to make a big splash like that...trying to figure out what they'd send to GS...guessing it would be dragic's expiring, justice (??), and another player (doubt they'd give up bam) plus a pick or two...

    BTW blake, if your boys want to lock up that over 54.5 in 55 games that'd be fucking great...

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post


    they need to trade deangelo even more now, just to solidify their top 5 draft pick

    #trusttheprocess
    that would be interesting...think they're gonna have to wait until after dec. 15 to trade him because they just traded for him(??)...I could be wrong about that...

    the chatter is that the t'wolves would be looking to upgrade their PG spot, so paul was talked about for them...also Miami, but don't know if there's enough salary there to match up...if de'angelo came on the market that would be an interesting little kink in the old trade machine...you know riley isn't afraid to make a big splash like that...trying to figure out what they'd send to GS...guessing it would be dragic's expiring, justice (??), and another player (doubt they'd give up bam) plus a pick or two...

    BTW blake, if your boys want to lock up that over 54.5 in 55 games that'd be fucking great...
    start spending that money.

    the only thing that can derail your bet is health, though even if embiid misses time, they can run horford at the 5 and still have a really good lineup. even their bench has looked improved. thybulle's defense is insane and he's even knocking down 3's. the celtics made a rare error in letting us get him. even korkmaz looked really good last night, aggressive and somehow playing tough d

    i don't get why anyone thinks the bucks could lose brogdon -- who is now shredding the league in indiana -- without missing a beat. i think the sixers are the best team in the east by miles. their defense is better than any team we've seen since the bad boy piston era

    it was legit comical watching the then-undefeated t-wolves try to run a small ball lineup against the biggest ream in the league last night

  7. #207
    of course embiid and possibly simmons are about to get suspended so that will hurt.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

    that would be interesting...think they're gonna have to wait until after dec. 15 to trade him because they just traded for him(??)...I could be wrong about that...

    the chatter is that the t'wolves would be looking to upgrade their PG spot, so paul was talked about for them...also Miami, but don't know if there's enough salary there to match up...if de'angelo came on the market that would be an interesting little kink in the old trade machine...you know riley isn't afraid to make a big splash like that...trying to figure out what they'd send to GS...guessing it would be dragic's expiring, justice (??), and another player (doubt they'd give up bam) plus a pick or two...

    BTW blake, if your boys want to lock up that over 54.5 in 55 games that'd be fucking great...
    start spending that money.

    the only thing that can derail your bet is health, though even if embiid misses time, they can run horford at the 5 and still have a really good lineup. even their bench has looked improved. thybulle's defense is insane and he's even knocking down 3's. the celtics made a rare error in letting us get him. even korkmaz looked really good last night, aggressive and somehow playing tough d

    i don't get why anyone thinks the bucks could lose brogdon -- who is now shredding the league in indiana -- without missing a beat. i think the sixers are the best team in the east by miles. their defense is better than any team we've seen since the bad boy piston era

    it was legit comical watching the then-undefeated t-wolves try to run a small ball lineup against the biggest ream in the league last night
    yeah I think they're too deep unless shit reaaaaaally starts to go to shit health-wise I don't see them coming up short...the fact that their D is that good helps a shitton...your shooting goes cold for a few games during the season, if you can lock down on D and maybe steal a few of those games you should lose is big for an over bettor...and it helps that the east is complete fucking AIDS at the bottom half...

    don't get me started on thybulle…im a Cs fan, that one fucking hurts...

    anytime you lose a 50-40-90 guy that's gonna hurt...but I was watching the Cs-bucks game last night...Giannis airballed two straight FTs, so yeah that's a little concerning come may/june...kid is an extremely hard worker from what I read, but when you start airballing FTs that's more mental than physical and unless he can somehow flush that from his mind in the next 6 months that's gonna be a HUGE problem...

  9. #209
    It's early, but the Nuggets look bad.

    They should have taken out Portland last year in the playoffs - I figured they were a year away.

    Jokic is fatter and they now seem to hate one another.

    Hopefully it's a blip (as Jokic is delightful when he's on) but tough seeing them as a contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    It's early, but the Nuggets look bad.

    They should have taken out Portland last year in the playoffs - I figured they were a year away.

    Jokic is fatter and they now seem to hate one another.

    Hopefully it's a blip (as Jokic is delightful when he's on) but tough seeing them as a contender.
    Yeah I watched them last night. They don’t look good at all. It’s early but agree on Jokic looking out of shape. They’re a poorly constructed team, which many teams are now with the contract structures. I really thought Harris would become a more complete player a few years ago. Jokic is an excellent facilitator, but they lack really efficient second options. They’re one of those teams with a few guys who would be excellent 4th best players on a contender, but not a true second option. They remind me of the Bucks in that regard. Teams you can see are going to spin their wheels and just lack something. I think both those teams are in for a regression this year from the early indications.

  11. #211
    Murray is really inconsistent and having a slow start, but when he is on he is a great offensive player. For all we know he will go in a 10 game heater and they go 8-2 and all this convo will seem silly in retrospect.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  12. #212
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4732
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    33,381
    Blog Entries
    2
    Knicks are horrible. They just got stomped on at home by shitty Sacramento.

    Now 1-6.

    Lakers looked good tonight against the Spurs, but I'm having a hard time believing they are going to stay consistent. Somehow they're 5-1 but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it. I kind of feel like this season will alternate between games where they look great, and ones where they look thin and mediocre. With that said, there isn't a super dominant looking team this year, so maybe it really will be a Clippers/Lakers Conference final.

    Also somehow Dwight Howard has been way better than I expected.

  13. #213
    this is pure fucking gold...I think if you had to name a player that this could happen to, waiters island would probably be up there...

    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...games-incident

    The Miami Heat have suspended guard Dion Waiters 10 games without pay for conduct detrimental to the team after an incident on the team charter on Thursday. It is Waiters' second suspension of the season.

    Waiters experienced a "panic attack" on the team's flight from Phoenix to Los Angeles after consuming a THC-infused edible, sources told ESPN's Brian Windhorst and Adrian Wojnarowski.
    The Heat declined to comment on the incident Saturday but announced the suspension Sunday.

    "We are very disappointed in Dion's actions this season that include the very scary situation on Thursday night, and grateful that the outcome wasn't worse," the Heat said in a statement.

    "There have been a number of instances this season in which Dion has engaged in conduct detrimental to the team. ... We are proud of how our players have started the season. We expect all of our players, including Dion, to conduct themselves in accordance with the highest standards, and to show professionalism and respect for their teammates, the team, the fans and the NBA community."

    The suspension began on Friday, the team said. Waiters was listed as out for the game against the Los Angeles Lakers because of illness and did not attend the game.

    Waiters had already lost his spot in the Heat's rotation because two rookie guards -- Tyler Herro and Kendrick Nunn -- have had strong starts to the season.

    Waiters missed the game in Phoenix because of a stomachache and was seeking relief when he took an edible he was unfamiliar with, sources said. League rules prohibit the use of THC, one of the main compounds in cannabis.

    The suspension will be costly for Waiters.

    The Heat suspended him for their season opener last month, also for conduct detrimental to the team, after he expressed frustration on social media about his role on the team. He has been on the active list for only two of the Heat's nine games thus far but has yet to dress and sit on the bench for a game.

    He also missed time during the preseason for what the team labeled personal reasons.

    Waiters will lose out on a $1.2 million contract bonus because of the missed games. He would have needed to play in 70 of Miami's 73 remaining games to claim the bonus.

    Waiters is owed $25 million over this season and next as part of a deal he signed with the Heat in 2017.

  14. #214
    How bad of a thing did this guy really do if his own team leaks the weed gummy story? My guess is that he killed a stewardess.

  15. #215
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4732
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    33,381
    Blog Entries
    2
    You'd think with the endless panic attack pot brownie stories out there, people with no experience with them would exercise a bit more caution.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    You'd think with the endless panic attack pot brownie stories out there, people with no experience with them would exercise a bit more caution.


    You think this was his first time? LOL

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    this is pure fucking gold...I think if you had to name a player that this could happen to, waiters island would probably be up there...

    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...games-incident

    The Miami Heat have suspended guard Dion Waiters 10 games without pay for conduct detrimental to the team after an incident on the team charter on Thursday. It is Waiters' second suspension of the season.

    Waiters experienced a "panic attack" on the team's flight from Phoenix to Los Angeles after consuming a THC-infused edible, sources told ESPN's Brian Windhorst and Adrian Wojnarowski.
    The Heat declined to comment on the incident Saturday but announced the suspension Sunday.

    "We are very disappointed in Dion's actions this season that include the very scary situation on Thursday night, and grateful that the outcome wasn't worse," the Heat said in a statement.

    "There have been a number of instances this season in which Dion has engaged in conduct detrimental to the team. ... We are proud of how our players have started the season. We expect all of our players, including Dion, to conduct themselves in accordance with the highest standards, and to show professionalism and respect for their teammates, the team, the fans and the NBA community."

    The suspension began on Friday, the team said. Waiters was listed as out for the game against the Los Angeles Lakers because of illness and did not attend the game.

    Waiters had already lost his spot in the Heat's rotation because two rookie guards -- Tyler Herro and Kendrick Nunn -- have had strong starts to the season.

    Waiters missed the game in Phoenix because of a stomachache and was seeking relief when he took an edible he was unfamiliar with, sources said. League rules prohibit the use of THC, one of the main compounds in cannabis.

    The suspension will be costly for Waiters.

    The Heat suspended him for their season opener last month, also for conduct detrimental to the team, after he expressed frustration on social media about his role on the team. He has been on the active list for only two of the Heat's nine games thus far but has yet to dress and sit on the bench for a game.

    He also missed time during the preseason for what the team labeled personal reasons.

    Waiters will lose out on a $1.2 million contract bonus because of the missed games. He would have needed to play in 70 of Miami's 73 remaining games to claim the bonus.

    Waiters is owed $25 million over this season and next as part of a deal he signed with the Heat in 2017.
    Been there, Dion.

    Took a very small amount (5 mg) before a flight from Portland to San Francisco. Was a last minute business trip and I was in the middle seat on a smallish flight.



    I dont even know if the weed was a trigger but was definitely the only variable in play that could have caused it.

    5 mg is such a small amount, too. A plane has to rate high for absolute.worst places to have a panic attack. I have maybe 1 per year but this one took the prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  18. #218
    With all their rookies contributing and the team playing well they really don't need the Waiters headache this year.

    I guess they have to pay him, but should definitely exile him from the team and maybe use his salary to make salaries match in a trade down the line.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  19. #219
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    364
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,751
    Since LeBron left, Miami really has done a commendable job of remaining a stable and completely average team, unlike Cleveland both times he left.

    I guess you can argue that is not necessarily a good thing when it comes to building a championship team, but they are hitting on their mid-first round picks better than almost everyone lately.

  20. #220
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    364
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,751

     
    Comments
      
      GambleBotsChafedPenis: Fucking Amazing Rep

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2019 Thread
    By Gordman in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 719
    Last Post: 11-14-2019, 11:45 PM
  2. *** OFFICIAL *** Buy a Piece of Dan Druff in 2019 WSOP Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum 2019 World Series of Poker
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-16-2019, 04:24 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-06-2019, 05:51 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-02-2019, 01:08 PM
  5. *** OFFICIAL *** NFL Superbowl 2019 Rail Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-04-2019, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •