Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 220

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2019-20 thread

  1. #1

    *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2019-20 thread

    Public Service Announcement

    You folks have given me so much in this thread. My chance to give back.

    Open up your sportsbook app. This isn’t about comedy - you can laugh later.

    Take a look at the following stupidity. The public does what the public does and the books will relieve them of their cash with a smile.

    Warriors +500
    Raptors +700
    Lakers +800

    There is some excellent value elsewhere. I’m already down. What do you see?

    This won’t last.

  2. #2
    Me personally I would grab Raptors, Bucks, Philly in the East.

    Not sure about the west. Free agents going to shift those odds dramatically.

    If the Lakers somehow pull off Davis .....

    Where is KD going?

    Is Chris Paul leaving Houston?

    And will Leonard stay since they won?

  3. #3
    Diamond Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Reputation
    1088
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,269
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Me personally I would grab Raptors, Bucks, Philly in the East.

    Not sure about the west. Free agents going to shift those odds dramatically.

    If the Lakers somehow pull off Davis .....

    Where is KD going?

    Is Chris Paul leaving Houston?

    And will Leonard stay since they won?
    Obviously Toronto's first choice would be Leonard to return with a max deal & try to take another run but what if he's already made up his mind to go play closer to home as has been hinted at? Who could they conceivably get to fill the hole?

    I was thinking last night after the win that maybe they could entice Durant. From everything I've read or heard most are not all that concerned with him returning to form, or close to it, because of his age, work ethic, etc. So, why not offer him a max deal knowing he'd be unavailable for the better part of next season, Leonard missed 20 games & the team still did reasonably well, but might be close to full strength for next years playoffs.

    Does anybody think he'd consider this especially after seeing how the Raptors organization showed themselves as being player friendly & look after their players above all else? I get that he has the option to return to the Warriors & not opt out but, I think this is not totally inconceivable given what's happened in the last year.

    Thoughts?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Me personally I would grab Raptors, Bucks, Philly in the East.

    Not sure about the west. Free agents going to shift those odds dramatically.

    If the Lakers somehow pull off Davis .....

    Where is KD going?

    Is Chris Paul leaving Houston?

    And will Leonard stay since they won?
    Obviously Toronto's first choice would be Leonard to return with a max deal & try to take another run but what if he's already made up his mind to go play closer to home as has been hinted at? Who could they conceivably get to fill the hole?

    I was thinking last night after the win that maybe they could entice Durant. From everything I've read or heard most are not all that concerned with him returning to form, or close to it, because of his age, work ethic, etc. So, why not offer him a max deal knowing he'd be unavailable for the better part of next season, Leonard missed 20 games & the team still did reasonably well, but might be close to full strength for next years playoffs.

    Does anybody think he'd consider this especially after seeing how the Raptors organization showed themselves as being player friendly & look after their players above all else? I get that he has the option to return to the Warriors & not opt out but, I think this is not totally inconceivable given what's happened in the last year.

    Thoughts?
    think youre drawing very slim on that one and drawing dead if masai goes to Washington...

    I think he goes to NYK/BKN and those teams are eating shit on that max deal...I get boogie and KD are different players, but watching boogie out there in those last few minutes was painful given what he was before he blew out his Achilles...

  5. #5
    Diamond Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Reputation
    1088
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,269
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

    Obviously Toronto's first choice would be Leonard to return with a max deal & try to take another run but what if he's already made up his mind to go play closer to home as has been hinted at? Who could they conceivably get to fill the hole?

    I was thinking last night after the win that maybe they could entice Durant. From everything I've read or heard most are not all that concerned with him returning to form, or close to it, because of his age, work ethic, etc. So, why not offer him a max deal knowing he'd be unavailable for the better part of next season, Leonard missed 20 games & the team still did reasonably well, but might be close to full strength for next years playoffs.

    Does anybody think he'd consider this especially after seeing how the Raptors organization showed themselves as being player friendly & look after their players above all else? I get that he has the option to return to the Warriors & not opt out but, I think this is not totally inconceivable given what's happened in the last year.

    Thoughts?
    think youre drawing very slim on that one and drawing dead if masai goes to Washington...

    I think he goes to NYK/BKN and those teams are eating shit on that max deal...I get boogie and KD are different players, but watching boogie out there in those last few minutes was painful given what he was before he blew out his Achilles...
    I think he stays with the Warriors by NOT opting out but if he has some hard feelings this would be not a bad fall back position for him. Good team, management that has shown they do what they say where it comes to protecting players &, when he did return, he'd have a real, defined 1st option role on a team that has shown it can get it done. The Knicks & Nets have no chance of winning that's why I think he stays with the Warriors but if he has hard feeling towards the organization Toronto wouldn't be the worst thing for him to do.

    They could also structure the contract with player outs like GS did & by signing a player of his caliber while losing Kawhi would send a great message to the team & fans that they're in it to win it again.

    I think it could be a win-win & the best possible outcome for the Raptors if Kawhi decides to leave.

    I believe you're correct that it's a slim chance that would become ZERO if Masai left.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Me personally I would grab Raptors, Bucks, Philly in the East.

    Not sure about the west. Free agents going to shift those odds dramatically.

    If the Lakers somehow pull off Davis .....

    Where is KD going?

    Is Chris Paul leaving Houston?

    And will Leonard stay since they won?
    Lot of those ideas are best case already ..

    I like the value here as a start.

    Let’s imagine AD does go to LA. The well run LA franchise. The one without the elderly narcissist

    TABLET - NBA FUTURES - CHAMPIONSHIP - ODDS TO WIN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP 2019-2020 - LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS +1200

  7. #7
    Serial Blogger BeerAndPoker's Avatar
    Reputation
    1381
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,022
    Blog Entries
    20
    Lakers gambling hard on Davis who of course is great when he's actually not hurt. They do get rid of a team cancer Lonzo in the process


  8. #8
    Woj bomb...AD to the lakers...

    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...pelicans-davis

    given griffin's options I think he did a pretty damn good job extracting some good value on this trade...they get decent young guys in ingram, ball, hart, the #4 pick in this year's draft and two other picks...depending on when those picks fall they might be good...

    so we have an aging LeBron and a big man who has never made it through a full season healthy...and now they gutted their roster...NO might make out like bandits on this one...if one of LeBron/AD goes down they are visiting fuck city in a heartbeat...

    know there is a rule about trading picks a certain number of years out but if griffin was smart he'd get like 2022 and 2023 firsts in this deal...
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 06-15-2019 at 07:06 PM.

  9. #9
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4642
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,487
    Blog Entries
    2
    Davis was apparently the only big name who wanted to come to the Lakers.

    It's their last ditch attempt to compete during the Lebron years. The current core was clearly a fail.

    I don't think it will work. They'll be better, but I don't think it will work.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Davis was apparently the only big name who wanted to come to the Lakers.

    It's their last ditch attempt to compete during the Lebron years. The current core was clearly a fail.

    I don't think it will work. They'll be better, but I don't think it will work.
    I don't think so either...gonna be interesting to see how they are gonna fill out the rest of this roster...they traded away 3 out of the 4 guys (outside of LeBron) who were worth a damn...so now they have LeBron/AD/kuzma and a pu pu platter of shit (don't know if you include mo wagner as part of that pu pu platter or include him in the LeBron/AD/kuzma)...warriors showed you that you do need other guys on your team...they could get away with not really having that because 1-4 they were infinitely better than everybody else...well when 1 and 3 go down then you are fucked...lakers aren't even close to being that deep with elite talent...and I don't believe they're gonna have any cap room to get any reasonable help outside of more pu pu of rich paul's boys like KCP...

    watch your O/U for next year...they inflate this into the 50s I think there's a shitton of value on the under...

    Name:  lakers.PNG
Views: 166
Size:  72.0 KB

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Davis was apparently the only big name who wanted to come to the Lakers.

    It's their last ditch attempt to compete during the Lebron years. The current core was clearly a fail.

    I don't think it will work. They'll be better, but I don't think it will work.
    They still have between $27-$32 million to spend on a Kemba or Jimmy. Add that, and you’re the clear favorites to win imo

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Davis was apparently the only big name who wanted to come to the Lakers.

    It's their last ditch attempt to compete during the Lebron years. The current core was clearly a fail.

    I don't think it will work. They'll be better, but I don't think it will work.
    They still have between $27-$32 million to spend on a Kemba or Jimmy. Add that, and you’re the clear favorites to win imo
    you sure about that? I have no fucking clue since I don't follow cap stuff that closely...I didn't think you could fit 3 max salary guys on one team and still have enough room to fill out a roster...especially when you only have a couple of guys on rookie deals...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

    They still have between $27-$32 million to spend on a Kemba or Jimmy. Add that, and you’re the clear favorites to win imo
    you sure about that? I have no fucking clue since I don't follow cap stuff that closely...I didn't think you could fit 3 max salary guys on one team and still have enough room to fill out a roster...especially when you only have a couple of guys on rookie deals...
    yeah the lakers have room for a max deal

    i'm hoping it's kemba, and not butler, who has a home there

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

    They still have between $27-$32 million to spend on a Kemba or Jimmy. Add that, and you’re the clear favorites to win imo
    you sure about that? I have no fucking clue since I don't follow cap stuff that closely...I didn't think you could fit 3 max salary guys on one team and still have enough room to fill out a roster...especially when you only have a couple of guys on rookie deals...

    You have a hold for the MLE and injury exemption, renounce everyone else, and delay the trade until July 30th instead of July 6. If Davis turns down the $4 million trade bonus in his contract, which is expected, and Deng is stretched and saves $5 million, they can offer like 32.7 million and then fill out the roster with whatever. If Davis takes the $4 million, or NO wants the trade executed earlier, it could fall like $27 million. Either way, quite a bit of money to play with.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

    you sure about that? I have no fucking clue since I don't follow cap stuff that closely...I didn't think you could fit 3 max salary guys on one team and still have enough room to fill out a roster...especially when you only have a couple of guys on rookie deals...
    yeah the lakers have room for a max deal

    i'm hoping it's kemba, and not butler, who has a home there
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    You have a hold for the MLE and injury exemption, renounce everyone else, and delay the trade until July 30th instead of July 6. If Davis turns down the $4 million trade bonus in his contract, which is expected, and Deng is stretched and saves $5 million, they can offer like 32.7 million and then fill out the roster with whatever. If Davis takes the $4 million, or NO wants the trade executed earlier, it could fall like $27 million. Either way, quite a bit of money to play with.
    interesting...learned something new here...

    for the FA market...

    I honestly don't think palinka/LeBron are smart enough to build a roster that isn't full of a bunch of rich paul rejects...I mean LeBron pulled that Cleveland team back against GS, so I guess he can do anything with any cast of characters...but I think all these minutes are eventually gonna come back and bite him in the ass...and without some sorta depth I just don't see them doing it...

  16. #16
    Yeah, we’ll see. LB and BI suck, so giving them up is no big deal. All those unprotected pick swaps in 6 or 7 years though, the Lakers are going to need to sign a free agent immediately when Lebron hangs it up just to not give away multiple lottery picks. It’s risky, it Lebron and AD will be insane if you can get them both healthy come playoff time/

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4642
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,487
    Blog Entries
    2
    Yeah if the Lakers can pick up a strong #3, then they can contend... provided Lebron and Davis both stay healthy, which is a big if.

    The presence of Davis will also make the prospect of coming to the Lakers more attractive. Before he agreed to this, nobody else wanted to join Lebron and his den of fail.

    Gonna be a lot of years of draft pain for the Lakers over this, so they had better hope it works out.

    Then, of course, there's the issue that Lebron will be almost 35 when the season starts, and has been in the league since 18.

    Oh, and speaking of guys who have been around forever, Vince Carter is coming back for a record 22nd season. He will retire at the end of the 19-20 season, at the age of 43. He missed playing at the same time as Robert Parrish by just 17 months. Parrish is now almost 66 years old. He's also already the oldest non-center in NBA history.

  19. #19
    I think they will find a third and then add some cheap guys who want a shot at a ring

    I wonder if Leonard thinks about staying now? Why go to the Clippers now?

    Same with Durant due to injury. Does he stay and hope to be back for playoffs in GS?

  20. #20
    imagine if kawhi chooses the lakers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2019 Thread
    By Gordman in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 718
    Last Post: 11-03-2019, 09:13 PM
  2. *** OFFICIAL *** Buy a Piece of Dan Druff in 2019 WSOP Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum 2019 World Series of Poker
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-16-2019, 04:24 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-06-2019, 05:51 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-02-2019, 01:08 PM
  5. *** OFFICIAL *** NFL Superbowl 2019 Rail Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-04-2019, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •