Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2019-20 thread

Load Metric

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Favorite to win it all, most likely. They’ll coast during the regular season.
    I expect we will regurgitate this post with the same expected frequency as Druff’s Kershaw nonsense.

I am very disappointed BCR. I expect more from you.

Jeannie, Linda, Rob & BCR

The Lakers are reportedly targeting Kyrie Irving as highly as Kawhi Leonard now that they have max cap space
    SBNation 1 hour ago.

Crazy Kyrie. He’s liable to wake up tomorrow and the clock on his nightstand will show 11:11.

Crazy Kyrie will see that as a sign that he was meant to reunite with LeBron. Money won’t be an obstacle.

Kyrie Irving doubles down on flat Earth belief, offers thoughts on dinosaurs
    Kyrie Irving also doesn't believe we know what dinosaurs actually look like

Oh yeah. It’s all starting to align. This has LA written all over it. I’ll drive him to the airport.

You read way too much into me simply being intrigued by the mechanics of a situation. I’m generally curious if pure organizational dysfunction can be overcome by sheer talent. In this case, only if it’s a Kawhi type do I think it’s the case. I laughed my ass off when Pelinka mismanaged the trade which is causing all these extra moves to be necessary. I’m not rooting for it or against it. The NBA is this beautiful sport, but the athletes and everything that surrounds it is simply tmz.

When he’s talking 55 wins I’m simply thinking in terms of a # that he bet on. When I’m talking favorites, I’m simply thinking if it comes down to Harden/Paul against AD And Lebron, I’m taking the latter every time because the first set of head cases are worse at basketball than the latter set of head cases. I giggled at the New Orleans trade because I look forward to four years from now when the Lakers have no assets.

I would greatly enjoy the Clippers and Ballmer's big fat checkbook having a decade to kick sand in the Lakers face. The only way this gamble pays off is if they win a few championships because dark days are coming. I think it’s game over and you can hand them the trophy if they land Kawhi even if Linda Rambis is drawing up plays, but I find it highly improbable he joins that circus. I wouldn’t touch Kyrie with a ten foot pole. I still have old pms China telling me I was right when I told him to not be excited to add him, that he’s not worth the headaches, and he seems to be getting worse. The NBA is just a male soap opera. A guilty pleasure. I like the behind the scenes machinations because they are plot twists. My team likely never wins another championship in my lifetime. I need to be entertained somehow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

they'll be over the cap again just by re-signing klay, who is a free agent
    Word on Klay is if the Warriors don't max him he's gone to LA (Lakers or Clippers).

He didn't make an all-nba team so can't be supermaxed (he's likely pissed about that)
    Klay is clutch af, but he’s such a situational player that I can’t think of why either of those teams would want him given his injury. The Clippers need a 1A player, and the Lakers can’t roll the dice on his injury and hope he is 100% next May given they basically have 2 years to get this done.

Load Metric
    Klay is a weird looking goon we want no part of him also the lakers have drafted exceptionally well late round so obv mo wagner and bonga are gonna go be stars somewhere else

Platinum
    Load Metric
    the soap opera is beginning...

here are the things that are most likely happening:
    kemba to boston on 4/141
    kyrie to BKN on 4/141 and BKN renouncing DeAngelo (or if they can work out a sign and trade they'll do that)...lakers are interested in DeAngelo...cant make that shit up...
    mirotic walking away from the NBA to go play in the euro league...supposedly would have gotten somewhere in the $12-14M/year range...fucking madness...
    Darren collison retiring to focus on religion...would have been in the $10-12M/year range...more fucking madness...
    derrick rose going to DET for 2 years...

rumor mill:
    curry/warriors GM going to NYC to meet with Durant...
    Durant and kahwi talking about teaming up...LAC/NYK most likely places...
    jimmy butler meeting with MIA and HOU...if morey pulls this shit off and gets butler with literally no fucking outs he has to have pictures of GMs fucking hookers or something...

shit is better than the actual season...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

kemba to boston on 4/141
    kyrie to BKN on 4/141 and BKN renouncing DeAngelo (or if they can work out a sign and trade they'll do that)...lakers are interested in DeAngelo...cant make that shit up...
    mirotic walking away from the NBA to go play in the euro league...supposedly would have gotten somewhere in the $12-14M/year range...fucking madness...
    Darren collison retiring to focus on religion...would have been in the $10-12M/year range...more fucking madness...

rumor mill:
    jimmy butler meeting with MIA and HOU...if morey pulls this shit off and gets butler with literally no fucking outs he has to have pictures of GMs fucking hookers or something...

Mirotic made no sense, but Spanish paper saying they offered him 6 year and 70 million euro deal. If true, that’s heaven for him to get to go home and be relevant and make the same money.

Platinum
    Load Metric

kemba to boston on 4/141

rumor mill:

Mirotic made no sense, but Spanish paper saying they offered him 6 year and 70 million euro deal. If true, that’s heaven for him to get to go home and be relevant and make the same money.
    holy fucking shit, really??!?!? jesus Christ, I didn't think anybody playing euroleague made that kinda money...if that's the case then yeah that makes a ton of sense...

Load Metric

holy fucking shit, really??!?!? jesus Christ, I didn't think anybody playing euroleague made that kinda money...if that's the case then yeah that makes a ton of sense...
    I didn’t either. I checked realign just to see the deal and there’s a thread there saying that’s the offer with an article linked, but it’s in Spanish and I can’t read it, so idk if that’s accurate.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I didn’t either. I checked realign just to see the deal and there’s a thread there saying that’s the offer with an article linked, but it’s in Spanish and I can’t read it, so idk if that’s accurate.
    take this FWIW...guy is from the athletic so i'd lean towards this being accurate...if so mirotic is a fucking moron...

Load Metric

kemba to boston on 4/141

rumor mill:

Why would Kawhi waste a year teaming up with Durant who might not play the whole next year?

For that he might as well play with the Raptors on a 1 and 1......

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

kemba to boston on 4/141

rumor mill:

Why would Kawhi waste a year teaming up with Durant who might not play the whole next year?

For that he might as well play with the Raptors on a 1 and 1......
    if he would go to LAC they have a decent little team already so it wouldn't be a waste of a year for him...they could actually be competitive next year...

for a guy like that who already has 2 rings and 2 MVPs it could be about going to the biggest market possible or teaming up with another top 5 player...its kahwi, who really knows his motivation...if you did you could make a shitton of money going to vegas and betting on it...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    the fact that the NBA hasn't figured out a real way to monetize this soap opera shit by this point is pretty fucking pathetic...

Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 06-30-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Load Metric
    Nets letting their best player go to sign a nut job equivalent player at the same position and a guy who just suffered the worst injury a basketball player can have.

Even worse, the Knicks are so bad they couldn't even get into this failboat....not even the overrated players will go there

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Nets letting their best player go to sign a nut job equivalent player at the same position and a guy who just suffered the worst injury a basketball player can have.

Even worse, the Knicks are so bad they couldn't even get into this failboat....not even the overrated players will go there
    nets just got out from under the Celtics AIDS that billy king inflicted on them and now theyre getting this...this aint gonna end well...

kyrie thinks boston's media was bad...now he has to deal with the NYC media while being the top dog next year...we saw how that worked out in boston…

and KD just blew out his Achilles on the wrong side of 30...look at boogie...he's a shell...I know they're vastly different players, but being 7' tall aint normal...gonna be damn interesting to see if KD gets his explosiveness back...im highly skeptical...

Comments

Sanlmar: Incredible stupidity

Platinum
    Load Metric
    butler to Miami, very interesting...morey has to be fucking fuming he couldn't get philly to sign and trade him...

big al to philly…harris back to philly...

and the most stunning story of the night...the knicks did NOT want to offer KD a max...I gotta admit after fucking shit up for the better part of the past two decades to hear that they didn't want to take a huge risk on KD and instead go another route is fucking shocking...think they're gonna be happy they didn't offer it...
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 06-30-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I give this post a caveat that it is the suns...

but I think the Rubio 3/51 is a sneaky good signing for them...franchise is a fucking dumpster fire with sarver as their owner, but this let's booker move off the ball where I think he's much more suited...and they actually have a competent PG now...rubio's glaring weakness isn't too terrible on a team where they have a guy like booker...

Load Metric
    The Mavericks are all in on white guys adding Olynyk to zinger and Luka.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: WHITEOUT One Fucking Time Rep!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some of these contracts are so ridiculous.

5 years 180 million for Tobais Harris? He's a good player but 36 million a year? gtfo

The Lillard contract proves loyalty to staying with a single team still exists.

Load Metric
    The Bucks letting Brogdon walk after giving Middletown almost $180 million, Hill $30 million, and Lopez $52 million is curious.

Load Metric
    Man, that the Knicks are once again doing this is amazing. Randle, Portis, Taj. Well done Knickerbockers

Comments

thesidedish: 3 PFs, such massive fail

Thread Information