Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2019-20 thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Supposedly, Durants agent is buddy buddy with Mark Jackson, so that could be what's in play here. Still fucking odd to fire a coach of a team, set to make the playoffs, in the final third of the season.....outside of any personal life issues.

Could be a full clusterfuck going on also. Maybe Dinwiddie, Levert, others feel like they're not being heard over the injured prima donnas. Really could be anything.
    I wrote this off to crazy Kyrie Irving and moved on from story

If Celtics Brad Stevens wasn’t a god and didn’t get assurances from Ainge that Kyrie was on first train out of Boston I swear Brad Stevens would have told them to fuck off too.

The whole Celtics team would demand to be on same train. The Kyrie story has yet to be fully told.

Wish Kyrie played more. He is a motherfucking auto fade.

In the end, nobody cares about this franchise.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Supposedly, Durants agent is buddy buddy with Mark Jackson, so that could be what's in play here. Still fucking odd to fire a coach of a team, set to make the playoffs, in the final third of the season.....outside of any personal life issues.

Could be a full clusterfuck going on also. Maybe Dinwiddie, Levert, others feel like they're not being heard over the injured prima donnas. Really could be anything.
    I wrote this off to crazy Kyrie Irving and moved on from story

If Celtics Brad Stevens wasn’t a god and didn’t get assurances from Ainge that Kyrie was on first train out of Boston I swear Brad Stevens would have told them to fuck off too.

The whole Celtics team would demand to be on same train. The Kyrie story has yet to be fully told.

Wish Kyrie played more. He is a motherfucking auto fade.

In the end, nobody cares about this franchise.
    Kyrie will be Marbury II in China in about 4 years, methinks.

Comments

Dan Druff: that's a good prediction

Load Metric

Kyrie will be Marbury II in China in about 4 years, methinks.
    Was gonna let this slide but Druff.

Mental illness doesn’t travel well. Absolutely not.

Load Metric
    I watched the full Lakers Bucks Friday night.

4th quarter 25 yr old Giannis Antetokounmpo has hands on his knees (exhausted). He is such a terrible athlete, right?

35 yr old LeBron and his $1m medical team are fresh

The whole chemistry (to be kind) issue with LeBron NEVER gets discussed. Guy is gakked to the nines.

Comments

gut: Tom Brady of the NBA

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I watched the full Lakers Bucks Friday night.

4th quarter 25 yr old Giannis Antetokounmpo has hands on his knees (exhausted). He is such a terrible athlete, right?

35 yr old LeBron and his $1m medical team are fresh

The whole chemistry (to be kind) issue with LeBron NEVER gets discussed. Guy is gakked to the nines.
    I watched that game...didn't make me feel good about the bucks chances in the finals against the lakers...they walled the freak off like a motherfucker...

as far as LeBron yeah it's amazing:

48,200 regular season minutes
    10,000 playoff minutes

approaching 60,000 overall minutes when you include Olympics and shit like that...and TBH he doesn't really look like he's lost that much...of course this LeBron is different than 5 years ago LeBron, but the difference isn't that great IMO...it's very, very strange to be sure...26-8-11 at 35 years old...

given all of this, im trying to figure out what his inevitable decline is gonna look like...is it gonna be gradual or just all of a sudden is he gonna look like a shell?

im just glad Im only gonna lose a half unit on the lakers under this year...#blessed

Load Metric
    Again, of a word about HGH or roids in your post GBCP

Gakked.

Less Tom Brady and more Arnold Schwarzenegger. Although Brady is almost certainly doing something.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What's especially amazing about Lebron's lack of decline is the fact that he's played in the NBA since 18, and he hasn't had any appreciable break where he was out for a long time during any season.

So he has a lottttttt of mileage on his body, and you'd expect he would be noticeably worse right now. But he's not. As great as Kobe was, at age 35 he wasn't the same Kobe as the prime version (Kobe was only 6 1/3 years older than Lebron, in case you're wondering).

It's still important to note that the Lebron signing would have been seen as a huge fail instead of a revitalizing moment for the Lakers, had it not led to also getting Davis. Look how mediocre the team still was last year. The Davis thing was an unexpected bonus -- basically that he wanted to come to LA because he liked Lebron so much.

But yes, that game really did show that the Lakers have the ability to handle the Bucks. It would also be pretty surprising if these aren't the two Finals teams, because these are both the clear best teams in each league.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, the Lakers got Dion Waiters for the veteran minimum after he got waived.

He's only 28 so he could be useful.

Load Metric
    Again, of a word about HGH or roids in your post GBCP

Gakked.

Less Tom Brady and more Arnold Schwarzenegger. Although Brady is almost certainly doing something.

I don’t know exactly what these guys are on. I’m always curious. You know they’re cheating. When they busted Wilson Chandler and Ayton, I forgot the third guy, but two were on peptides and the other was on a diuretic, which means he was trying to flush something out of his system and started too late .

They’re certainly enhanced, but I tend to think less steroids like guys were on in the 90s/2000 ish when that was rampant and it was a brute game. Think Ben Wallace and Oakley and Anthony Mason types.

I never thought LeBron was on anything early. End of Miami run/second time in Cleveland. That trip to Miami first year back with Cleveland when he looked like he found fountain of youth. He flew to Miami so HGH probably at that time. The peptide thing is bigger now. When Chandler got busted I remember they interviewed a doctor to ask him what it was and the doctor said he took the same thing and a few other doctors he knew did. Some pricey peptide.

If I had to guess, I think the game lends itself to some combination of HGH/peptides/blood doping. A lot of those peptides do the same thing as HGH or mimic the same response. There is all kinds of boutique pharmacology playing around with that shit for regular guys, so I can only imagine with the resources athletes have what they’ve stumbled upon. I know the doping agencies banned dozens of those peptides, but I’m sure they’re missing a whole bunch.

I noticed the same thing as you at end of the Bucks game. I tend to think in this era guys are cheating more like cyclists cheated in that Armstrong era. Not to that insane level every day with transfusion bags, but the goal is recovery and more oxygen. They’d be breaking down hard if they were on any serious steroids for prolonged periods. They’d be tearing shit.

If they do traditional steroids, it’s in the off season with the goal to retain muscle during the year. A lot of those peptides are used for that purpose from what I understand. That instead of just losing it all when you quit, they help retain muscle gained. That’s just from what I’ve read. I know they’re popular.

I’d be surprised if many were doing steroids much beyond very small windows now that the league is going smaller and quicker. They’re cheating I’m sure, just not in that direction. More endurance.

They also log exactly how far guys run every game. LeBron was into that metric early and conserving wasted steps. I know his last year in Cleveland he was like 2nd in minutes and in the 30s as far as distances travelled.

The nba tracks it but it’s a convoluted mess. I heard something on an NBA podcast that said he was way lower now, like in the 80s or something despite better defensive numbers this year. He’s picking his spots now with AD behind him. It’s possible that ranking was per minute played, but I know it’s a thing guys are paying attention to close now with having to guard all the 3.

It’s funny you mentioned Arnold. It was nice here today. I texted my buddy to see if he wanted to come up and golf. His wife is a professor at Otterbein, small school outside Columbus. His response was I’d love to but I’m stuck going to a climate change conference being hosted by Kasich, Kerry, and Arnold. So we are all safe now with those 3 running the show.

Load Metric
    Love reading you BCR. You take the time

Every once in a while you see old film. 80’s. Saw some old ABA footage recently. You get some quick context.

Love Pete Maravich and I treat myself from time to time. C’mon.

I am not offended. Have at it. I am just thunderstruck how it’s not conversation at all. You guys initially didn’t understand what I was driving at, it’s so removed from your conscious.

I wonder how the 3 point game, position-less basketball and the emphasis on big spacing on offense will affect the athletes desire to alter their body type. Smaller quicker guys.

The Action Network handicap of the Clippers tonight hinted at the change

Load Metric
    Lakers Clippers

Most players should give a fuck tonight. So it’s a unique NBA game. I was inclined to wade in and get involved.

From Action Network email:

It’s a little trickier on the other side of the ball: The Clips take a bunch of mid-rangers, and they rely on their stars self-creating and making tough shots. Sometimes those go in; sometimes they don’t. We often don’t want to admit how much variance is in a single game of basketball.
    Scared straight. I’ll just watch.

Harolobob’s immortal words at his retirement from NBA wagering still ring in my ears.

I am aware of some innovative positionless work being done in college and I must say I’m intrigued. Just intellectually interested so far. See what happens

Platinum
    Load Metric
    @BCR...my boy john Collins is the third guy...don't know if he got busted for diuretics, thought it was for actual HGH...

whatever he took, ever since he got back he's been beasting...guy's averaging 20-10 and literally nobody knows about him because he's wading away in the obscurity that is the ATL...

Load Metric
    That’s it. Quick google search. He was busted for Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide-2. It’s an agonist, not HGH itself, so I believe that means it’s like a precursor or initiates the same response. Mad science. I just see talk of all these young guys taking that stuff. They better hope they don’t have tumors lurking somewhere. That shit will make those grow also. At least HGH does.

I knew this kid who lived down the block. Like 3 or 4 years younger than me. First time I ever heard of HGH. He was like 5’1 going into his senior year. Next time I saw him he was like 5’10. His mom was a nurse and she read up on it and took him in. Thankfully his growth plate hadn’t closed yet. He ended up a hair taller than me. I’m not tall. He was a real 6’. Later on I thought to myself he got really lucky his mom was forward thinking. Much easier to go through life as a 6’ guy than 5’1. That’s what that stuff Collins got busted for was. Said it was a trial for short stature. Clearly Collins wasn’t using it for that purpose.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    That’s it. Quick google search. He was busted for Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide-2. It’s an agonist, not HGH itself, so I believe that means it’s like a precursor or initiates the same response. Mad science. I just see talk of all these young guys taking that stuff. They better hope they don’t have tumors lurking somewhere. That shit will make those grow also. At least HGH does.

I knew this kid who lived down the block. Like 3 or 4 years younger than me. First time I ever heard of HGH. He was like 5’1 going into his senior year. Next time I saw him he was like 5’10. His mom was a nurse and she read up on it and took him in. Thankfully his growth plate hadn’t closed yet. He ended up a hair taller than me. I’m not tall. He was a real 6’. Later on I thought to myself he got really lucky his mom was forward thinking. Much easier to go through life as a 6’ guy than 5’1. That’s what that stuff Collins got busted for was. Said it was a trial for short stature. Clearly Collins wasn’t using it for that purpose.
    My guess would be in Lebron's case that it's something that is sort of gray in terms of legality - similar to what Kobe did in the early 2010's with blood spinning in Germany.

If I recall, it was akin to an illegal procedure in the state's but just different enough to pass.

*yeah actually it's probably just HGH
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Knicks Owner James Dolan Tests Positive for the Coronavirus

I hope he has a speedy recovery and no players/other family members have it.

But this is pretty LOL. Typical Knicks news even when there isn't a season.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

The Knicks are like Caesars.

Bad news always manages to find them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

The Knicks are like Caesars.

Bad news always manages to find them.
    And of course he fled to the Hamptons at some point while asymptomatic. Because of course he did.

Load Metric
    The knicks are the only NY team I could ever feel sympathy for.

I would never say Dolan deserves death, that's macabre. But not many will weep, that's fo sho.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    The knicks are the only NY team I could ever feel sympathy for.
    Which LA team could you work up sympathy for?

How bad do the Dodgers run? A spectacular lineup and there may not be a season. They land Mookie Betts and he may never wear a Dodgers uniform in public.

The Lakers are surprising one of the best teams. Old man LeBron is juiced and rested and again the season prolly will not happen.

NFL will happen but in LA, even though they have 4 or 5 teams, their stadium won’t be ready.

Run bad or what?

Load Metric
    ESPN Sunday 9:00pm EST

The Last Dance

I don’t think this is gonna skool the yung Chinese kids about what the NBA used to be like before it embraced gay culture.

Name:  E7B22391-4D6D-4557-8C0D-393D110DAC92.jpeg
Views: 257
Size:  1.44 MB

Instead, it appears to cater to those who saw Jordan and the Bulls in real time.

No tape delay for me. I’m gonna be on this real time. Every commercial. Every minute.

If the tweeners and the Millenials think Curry and Harden and 265 point games is great NBA then this docu-series prolly won’t disavow them of that notion.

Thread Information