Thread: Somebody broke the Internet again just now

Load Metric

Somebody broke the Internet again just now

Not sure if folks are aware of an issue that occurred last week but due to a propogation issue with a smaller ISP and Verizon interconnect in PA, it wrecked havoc dropping capacity by almost 20%. It appears we have at minimal a repeat situation if not worse.. It has knocked out ACR among others including Cloudflare which provides DDOS protection along with a host of other services to clients around the world.. I got wind of it when a couple sites of mine I monitor suddenly went down.. The servers themselves are up and RDPing in I can access stuff on them somewhat until I try to connect back to a third site in the USA which comes up dead so at this point it appears the glitch is somewhere in the USA at this time..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is nothing compared to the time AWS crashed.

Everything came to a standstill, even a lot of apps.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Not sure if folks are aware of an issue that occurred last week but due to a propogation issue with a smaller ISP and Verizon interconnect in PA, it wrecked havoc dropping capacity by almost 20%. It appears we have at minimal a repeat situation if not worse.. It has knocked out ACR among others including Cloudflare which provides DDOS protection along with a host of other services to clients around the world.. I got wind of it when a couple sites of mine I monitor suddenly went down.. The servers themselves are up and RDPing in I can access stuff on them somewhat until I try to connect back to a third site in the USA which comes up dead so at this point it appears the glitch is somewhere in the USA at this time..

you may be conflating two events.. there was a bad bgp route advertised a few days ago that got pushed to verizon and verizon failed to sanity check it before pushing it live... the cloudflare thing is fresh:

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/incidents/tx4pgxs6zxdr

disregard, i misread your post. yes, cloudflare is f'd in the a and the internet is borked because of it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information